NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Like everyone else says, the interview process was a heartbreaking one. I applied on a pipe dream, thinking there was no way I'd get through. But I ended up making it to the final round, flew to New York, waited around for two weeks and then ended up not getting it.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 21, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We know the interview process can be draining and we appreciate your efforts to interview with us. We hope this doesn't discourage you from applying to ... More

NBC Page (NY) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few months later I was contacted and was asked to answer some questions and record my answers. It was very awkward, but they let you re-record, so I would recommend doing that.

Then I flew to NY for the panel interview/written test/ one-on-one. It was a full day event. We had a discussion about the future of media (don't tell them you cut the cord) and then we were all asked to make 5 minute presentations, props encouraged.

NBCU Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

After completing and submitting the online application, I heard back about a month later when I was asked to complete a video interview. The video interview consisted of a series of questions that I had to answer in a limited amount of time whilst recording myself. After completing the video interview, I heard back about 15 days later when I was told that I was selected for the panel interview. So after having to purchase my airline ticket and acquire accommodations for my brief stay in Los Angeles for the panel interview, I arrived in LA for my assigned interview date.

About three days before the panel interview, I and the rest of my panel interview group were given an article to review in preparation for the interview. At the interview, we started off in a group (there were eight of us) to answer questions in front of a panel of interviewers. Then we branched off into groups of two. One group of two would go into a room with two interviewers to discuss the previously assigned article, another group of two would go into a different room to complete a writing assignment, another group of two would be split for individual interviews. The final group of two had a moment of "down time" while waiting for the time to switch places.

After every group of two completed the three separate interview "tasks", all eight of us regrouped and faced the panel of interviewers again for our individual final presentation.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe a situation where you were disappointed with yourself or the work you did? How did you deal with that disappointment?   Answer Question

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I have applied on the website. After 2 weeks I have received invitation for a video interview. You will have aprox. 2 min for each question to answer and 5 video questions and 30 seconds to prepare your answer.

Interview Questions

• What are the main 3 qualities media planning intern should have and why? Why NBC Universal and why excatly this position?   Answer Question

On Air Broadcast Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Centennial, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Three different interviews. manager, team, director & manager with team. You are first interviewed by the manager. The manager tests your knowledge and personality with many questions. Such as What would you do in this situation. How quick are you to react?

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three sets of interviews that took place over several months. The first was on the phone, the second on the computer and the third in person. You have to prepare a project for the in person interview. The interviewers were exceptionally harsh and didn't really want to accept a lot of my answers. It was one of the hardest and most bizarre interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Which one of NBC Universal's properties is the least profitable and what could we do to fix it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I applied to several jobs on NBC's website. I was contacted by someone in HR and interviewed in-person in NYC. The interview was relaxed, friendly and comprehensive. I was told I would be contacted again. There are numerous departments and recruiters. The in-person interview was very positive.

I was emailed and a phone interview was scheduled. I did endless research and was completely prepared for the telephone interview which was conducted by an international recruiter. Within the first 30 seconds, I knew I wouldn't get the job. I've had 15+ years of experience but she was looking for specifics.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your specialty?
      2. Do you have any specific entertainment/tv experience?
      1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

No call back for three weeks

Interview Questions

• interviewer had little understanding of position requirements   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2008.

Interview

2 rounds of 30 minute 1-on-1 interviews. 10 interviews total + an HR fit interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little. But there are well established comps- so hard to move the needle too much.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

Inverviewed with one person for a half an hour, and I didn't receive any phone call since then.