NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Stamford, CT) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very easy, they send you emails and you are able to click the link and easily participate in the video interview process. When I had an issue with the technology aspect of it (my camera didn't connect with the website) they online help people were great as well and helped me to fix the problem.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied back in February and didn't hear from the Recruiter until mid to end March. I had a initial phone interview with the recruiter describing the position. Then she schedule a phone interview with a peer 2 days later. The interview was very simple no technical questions. The interviewer just asked if I had experience with Java and Oracle Database experience, which I did. Overall, it seem as if the interviewer was burned out and the interview was dragging on. The interview consist of many behavior questions. It sounds as if the company went through some layoffs.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a character in a movie or book , who would you be and why?
      By 2030, robots is suppose to take over 30% of the jobs? What is your opinion about this article?

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and also cold emailed one of the recruiters as the company uses an ATS, in other words, a resume black hole. It was a smooth process after I sent the recruiter my resume. I was contacted about a week after sending it to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well until I learned about what I would be doing in detail, and the salary. I went in for an in-person and was made an offer, but declined because I received a higher one from one of their competitors and I'll be doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing to you?
      Describe how you see NBC in the pool of competitors?
      Why do you want to work here and in marketing?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you dealt with it?

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online with a CV & Cover Letter. Was then invited to do a video interview (they give you about 5 questions with 30sec-1min to prepare your answer then 1-2mins to record your answer) and numerical test (quite difficult to do in the short time period they give, I was surprised that I had passed). Then there was an assessment centre which involved a brief written task, a group exercise and 5 quick fire interviews (10 mins per interview). The assessment centre is relaxed and it seemed they were looking for people with a passion for the industry and who they could get along with.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and then was asked to complete a video interview, which wasn't very difficult, it was a lot of your standardized interview questions. After the video interview, I had someone call me and did another short, more behavioral interview.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

very interactice, employees were good listeners. Bring work samples, recommendations. Why do you belong in the company, what can you contribute, why are you pursuing this position. How did you hear about the position, what makes you the perfect candidate for the position. What are your longterms goals and short term goals for this position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history and hobbies   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review! We're happy you had a positive experience and that you're now a part of the NBCUniversal family. We hope you enjoy your time with us, and we can't wait to see what ... More

Web/Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by an internal recruiter who set up a time to discuss my background, qualifications etc. was contacted 2 days later to set up an interview. Met with supervisor and asked basic interview questions. Laid back

Interview Questions

• Why nbcuniversal?
      How would people that know you describe you?
      What is one weakness you have?

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to see that you had a pleasant experience with one of our recruiters. While we would've loved to work with you, we hope that whatever you're ... More

Production Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online and submitted a resume to a recruiter. A couple of months after submitting, I did a video interview where I filmed myself answering questions.A few weeks after that, I got a call from a producer.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review! We appreciate your interest in NBCUniversal, and hope that you'll apply to more open positions in the future. Best of luck and take care! - The NBCU Talent ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.