NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

Interim Senior Product Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and I was then referred internally. I did a screener call with HR and then I was invited in to meet with the hiring manager.

We had a relaxed discussion about the role where he asked me to talk about my overall experience and used that as a springboard to cover different responsibilities of the role. He was very open and easy to talk to and it felt like an open discussion for both parties benefit, rather than an interrogation.
    I was then contacted by HR a week or so later to let me know I wasn't successful as they felt I was too senior but it was a very positive and pleasant experience. And made me feel that there is a very positive confident culture at NBCU.

Interview Questions

• Questions about product development as well as culture and communications   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email for a video interview that needed to be completed within 48 hours and then got an email from someone in the department after that. We scheduled an appointment and I went to the Universal offices to meet with 2 heads of the department.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship late September and got an email in early November asking me to take a video interview where there is written and recorded answers on a timer. I had two chances to take it. One of the questions was asking which department I would like to work in. A week later, I got an e-mail from the head of a department in the place I wanted to work least (editorial) asking if I could come in or do a phone interview. Two days later, I had a semi-casual interview at their office with the person who e-mailed me. He said I should hear back in two weeks. When I didn't hear back, I e-mailed a follow up and he informed me I did not receive the position.

Broadcast Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief - met with the manager and talked for about 10 minutes about my internship experience at NBC. She walked me through the main BA cubes and shared with me the ins and outs of the job. Very nice woman who wanted to find excited potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in live television?   1 Answer
    • This job entails late nights and weekends. Are you prepared for that kind of schedule?   Answer Question

Digital Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was recruited through an Agency, description was not in great detail. Met with 2 interviewers who provided greater detail. Follow up took about 2 weeks. Unsure about any additional details since I was not selected for next steps.

Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

First you fill out a standard job portal application, including extra questions particular to the company. The next stage is a 30 minute video package interview, in which you answer 6 questions. You have about a minute to prepare for each one before the filming begins. Once the time runs out (or you finish and stop recording), you are given the next question. The final stage of the interview is a panel in New York. There is a group interview, then they all interview each candidate at a time (so five people interviewing you at once) followed by a 2-minute passion presentation.

They want people who are well put-together, calm under pressure, upbeat, and good at problem-solving. Customer service skills are good too. Obviously they want people with background in media (tv, theater, digital, journalism, etc). Knowing some history about the company is good to have in your back pocket, but during my interview, they didn't ask anything about the company. The interview was focused more on personality and job history.

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 news headlines of today?   1 Answer

Scenic Painter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Easy, very pleasant experience. You go to human resources pass a metal detector and fill a small application but you will need to fill the online application from their website also. So better first do that and apply online.

Interview Questions

• What problems have you encounter in your line of work ? and how you solved   Answer Question

Ad Inserter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee of NBC Sports. I Completed a phone call with the hiring manager who gave me a background of the role and ask me a few simple questions. I then was asked to complete a 5 question online video interview.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was in the early evening which I was kind of hesitant on as my interviewers may have been restless and eager to finish the day, however, I still agreed to the interview. Sadly my prediction came true, the direct manager who would oversee all my work seemed to be in a dull and unmotivated mood. The interviewer's non-verbal cues were very rude and unprofessional. I got to meet the team I would work with and ask them any questions I had which was nice but wrapped up rather early as I only have a limited amount of questions I could possibly ask without having experienced the job. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager suggested that I find a headhunter and pursue more work experience even though the role was entry level and I was just as qualified as the previous hire's I spoke to. Overall a very poor experience, hiring manager gave rude remarks regarding my internship and work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you work longer at your internship?
      Why aren't you working for a corporation right now?
      How would you deal with a hard vendor/customer?
      What excel experience do you have?   Answer Question

Campus II Career Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview through their online portal. Ask questions and have two minutes to answer through video and written formats. It is a quick 20 minute format and some of it is basic questions like availability and school schedule.

Interview Questions

• What faction about the company I'm interested in?   1 Answer