NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

727 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Page Program LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Fill out online application with two essay questions
    2. Video interview (your answers are recorded via webcam but you're not talking to anyone) Its awkward but also convenient cause you can take it when you're ready. I thought this was really difficult because the you only had 15 seconds to read the questions (which were fairly long) and thing of your response before it started recording you. I think there were 4 questions.
    3. Panel Interview is like a 3-4 hour process where you go to the NBCUniversal building and are with 5 or 6 other candidates. I was interviewed by 3 NBC employees. We had a presentation that we had to prepare for (we were given the prompt 48 hours before our panel), then we were each asked two questions but they were the same for everyone so if you're at the end you had the whole time to prepare your answer. Then we were individually interviewed for 15 minutes. Finally we had a group project we worked on (drawing a Instagram post for the Page Insta). This was quite awkward because the interviewers sat in the room with us while we worked on it but couldn't help or answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How will the page program help you achieve your goals and what are you still curious about?
      2. Describe a situation that you had to be mature and professional in the face of stress
      3. What is your superpower that people ask you for help with professionally?
      4. What did you do in your downtime at another job or internship?
      5. What is something you've been working on over the past year?
      6. Describe a time you had to navigate a difficult working relationship and what was the result?
      Also a ton of the other questions on this site came up as well   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The first interview is with an HR representative and it is your basic "tell me about yourself" interview. HR then decides to move you to the second round of interviews where someone from a specific area of the newsroom interviews you and asks you to elaborate on a specific skillset that pertains to the position (i.e. production, producing, sports)

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview: The initial written application, the video interview, then the panel interview. I had my written application forwarded by and NBC employee. The video interview was probably the most difficult part of the interview process because you are talking to your computer with no person on the other end. It's also timed (15-30 sec to read the question, 1-2 min to answer). The panel interview wasn't as scary as it sounds. There's a group interview where you answer behavioral questions in front of the panel and 6-8 other candidates. There's a group activity that you complete in smaller (2-3 people) groups. There's the individual interview where to talk one-on-one with a panelist. Lastly, there's the 2 minute presentation that you do in front of the panelists and other candidates. They send details for the 2 minute presentation 48 hours before your panel date.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're teaching yourself?   Answer Question
    • Pretend it's one year from now and you've been through the page program. What do you hove to have gotten out of it?   Answer Question
    • What's one accomplishment you're especially proud of?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Fort Lee, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. First a phone screen then an in person interview. The only thing that I didn’t like was when I emailed the hiring partner & the recruiter, one told me they were still interviewing & the other told me the truth.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was in the early evening which I was kind of hesitant on as my interviewers may have been restless and eager to finish the day, however, I still agreed to the interview. Sadly my prediction came true, the direct manager who would oversee all my work seemed to be in a dull and unmotivated mood. The interviewer's non-verbal cues were very rude and unprofessional. I got to meet the team I would work with and ask them any questions I had which was nice but wrapped up rather early as I only have a limited amount of questions I could possibly ask without having experienced the job. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager suggested that I find a headhunter and pursue more work experience even though the role was entry level and I was just as qualified as the previous hire's I spoke to. Overall a very poor experience, hiring manager gave rude remarks regarding my internship and work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you work longer at your internship?
      Why aren't you working for a corporation right now?
      How would you deal with a hard vendor/customer?
      What excel experience do you have?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in May ad was notified in July of an interview process. After interviewing with their computerized video chat process (they ask you a question and you get 2 minutes to film a response). I was not contacted until September for a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes with my potential boss. She set up an in person interview at the studio the next day that lasted about 10 minutes. At that stage, she still had to interview two other people. She notified me within a week that I had the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience during the interview process. One of the things that makes this company so innovative is our amazing and... More

Salesforce Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in September 2017.

Interview

A surprisingly-disappointing experience for such a respected company. During the phone interview, the hiring manager stated that the position had changed and the job description only depicted 60% of what the actual job entailed.... which is fine since it was still automation-based. Just make sure you reconcile it with the recruiter and re-post the job description, so one can prepare to speak about applicable experience.

Towards the end of the interview, the manager told me (unsolicited) that they'd actually had a candidate accept an offer, but that person backed out two days before his start date, and accepted a counter-offer from his current company. She essentially said she was disappointed because NBCUniversal would've made its own counter offer in return, if he'd given them a chance. Hence... the need to re-post the job and interview myself and others.

Seemed a bit tacky to disclose that. Maybe just not say anything??

I never heard back from the recruiter with any feedback on whether or not they'd be moving forward with me to bring onsite for the next round. Again, another disappointment, as she seemed very affable and incredibly transparent in the initial screening process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions around day-to-day responsibilities and a project or two I'd worked on.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A Phone screening first, followed by in person interviews with both the hiring manager and the department. Overall, a positive experience, they really want to see if you are a good fit, and give plenty of time for you to ask your own questions.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Received a screening call from HR. Then was brought in for an in person interview. The interview was with both the hiring manager and the Director. It was laid back, easy going environment. They were well prepared with good questions that pertained to the position. I like that they had looked into my background and new my resume before I got there, because they were able to ask good questions about it instead of spending the interview reading it for the first time or asking me to walk them through it.

The interview was direct and short. The next day HR called to tell me I will going into the next stage of interview and that they needed to do a background check. I never went in for interviews again, and after the background check cleared they sent an offer.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Slightly unorganized process but this was also done around the holidays (so that may be why). Interview process went: HR call, Director interview, VP interview, another HR meeting and SVP interview. This took about two months total. Once I was offered, things moved fast as I was an internal move.

Interview Questions

• What are some social trends you see on some of the other NBC brands?   Answer Question