NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was invited to do a video interview, and then after that I went forward with the phone screening, and then later met with decision makers. It is important to practice in front of a camera to do well with the video interview. The interview was pretty fair, they ask the right question about myself and about my background. They have described the role and it seemed more of a Financial Analyst role due the nature that they mentioned that they wanted someone who has heavy excel skills and working knowledge of SAP, and the Accountant title was a bit misleading and it did not seem entry level either. At the end, the decision maker said, "it was nice meeting you". Right there I knew on the spot that I was not going to be moving forward. Even after I followed up with HR, never heard back as if I did not exist no more as a candidate and also as if I have been completely shut out. Not applying again in the future.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Stamford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted to set up an initial phone call. The recruiter needed to reschedule last minute and then once we finally did speak on the phone he seemed seemed busy and very disengaged as I was answering his questions. He assured me I would hear back from him either way, but I never did.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Seth Meyers internship and got an email a few days later inviting me to the video interview. The process wasnt as scary as I though it would be. They ask you a few written questions like what your schedule is like, if you can work in the US, ect.
    The next portion was the video aspect. They gave you about 30 seconds to read a question and prepare for it, then give you 1-2 minutes to answer that question on camera. They provide practice questions so you can get use to speaking on camera.
    Waiting to hear back to see if I made it to the next step!

Interview Questions

• What would you want to gain from this experience?   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2017.

Interview

My interview was a 3-part process that consisted of a Skype interview and two face-to-face interviews. The Skype interview was with an HR person and it lasted 30 minutes. I was asked specific questions about my resume and experience. It appears that if you move onto the next round you meet management more specific to the department you are interviewing for. I applied on June 9 and was contacted a 3 days later for Skype. Overall, the process took me a little over 3 weeks to get through each round. Most of the questions centered around my experience on my resume and there weren't any stumpers.

Accommodations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Hartford, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Nice and simple, but pretty lengthy. Everyone was very helpful during the process, but you definitely need to always follow-up after each interview. Sometimes, the interview process may feel a little complicated, but it is usually like that with big companies with well established HR department.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this position   1 Answer

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and a few weeks later I received an email to do an online video interview. I was given several options on due dates but the interview was conducted online through video questions. A question flashes on the screen for 30 seconds to 1 minute or so and you have about 1-1.5 minutes to answer. You then move onto the next question. You cannot change answers and the overall process is a bit stressful in that the time is quick and the interview is just you and your computer screen.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of the page program do you find most compelling?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I applied online and a couple of weeks later got an email from the recruitment team with a link to a video interview. They gave me two days to complete the video interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some creative projects that you have made using PowerPoint   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Washington, DC).

Interview

They had on campus recruitment, where they held one-on-one interviews.
    After that, the interview was virtual where they gave you a question, a couple seconds to prepare, then recorded your answer. A little awkward because you can't see any reactions because you're talking to yourself.

Logger/Subclipper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Phone call with manager really quick, basically to make sure that you are a real human being because that is all that's required to perform this position. Process took 10 minutes on the phone and was offered the position right then.

Interview Questions

• You do realize this position is not a stepping stone to get full time employment with NBC Sports?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. After an initial phone screen, I had two 30-minute phone interviews with potential supervisors. There was a discrepancy between the recruiter's understanding of the position and the supervisors' understanding of the position.