NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Media Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a computer interview at first. If you were later selected then there was a huge Skype session for questions and answers regarding what to expect for the interview processes. The second part of the interview was with someone from the specific department. This ended up being the account coordinator on the team who I worked directly with everyday.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this response. We're glad to see that you had a positive interview experience with us. Congratulations on your new position and welcome to the NBCUniversal Family ... More

Page Interview

Interview

Difficult- the written application went fine, but the video interview (where you are just speaking to a camera) was stressful and uncomfortable. They all you to redo the interview once, but the questions change--I would recommend going with your gut. If the first round went alright, leave it be.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had to complete a video application along with a digital application and received an email a week later for a phone interview. Then they put me in contact with the hiring manager and I had an in person interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Unusually fast - I suspect they had someone for the job already but that person decided to opt out at the last minute. I was actually interviewing for another position, but when I talked to HR, they asked if I was interested in scripted programming (which is my dream job!). The next day I interviewed with the Director (the interview went very well), then she had me do script coverage on a couple of scripts. After, I in the interviewed with a few of the assistants. I was offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you like more scripted programming or unscripted programming? Where do you see yourself within the next five years? Why NBCUniversal?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview, then I received an online video interview. For the video interview, questions are shown for ~30 seconds, and then you have a set amount of time to answer them. You are not talking to another person, but are just recording yourself. I've never done another interview like it, and it is definitely a little tricky to adapt to.

Account Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4 weeks. I did an online/virtual interview answering a series of questions. Got an email about a week later to come in for an in-person interview. Met with 2 interviewers. Came in the following week again, met with another 2 interviewers. Then came in 2 days later and had my final round with another 2 interviewers.

So i had a total of 4 separate interviews :D

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (South Bend, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied through my university, had 1 phone-screening interview and one behavioral interview. There was a walk-through of my resume, so make sure that you know it front and back (although technically there really shouldn't be a back to your resume).

MediaTech Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I went into the interview, spoke to the person who would become my supervisor and we just went over my resume. Basically know your resume in and out and be confident with what you've written on it.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied to many different positions, which I was later told was NOT in my best interest. However, after reaching out to individuals I knew in the company, I got in contact with a recruiter and he administered a very basic phone interview. A few weeks later I was notified that I did not get the job.

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Applied through career site. Recruiter from NY called for a screening interview about 2 weeks later. Then I was brought in to meet the Director and Manager of the team. At the on site interview, I was introduced and interviewed by a few more members of the team making my interview an hour longer then estimated, which was fine. The team was friendly and upfront about the position and the office seemed to have a really nice culture. I was brought in a second time to meet my would be direct manager and the VP. Then went through a reference check where they called previous supervisors. After all of this they scheduled me with 2 more interview calls with 2 managers in New York. The last two seemed excessive (especially for an entry level role) but everyone was so pleasant and it seemed like such a great place to work so I did not mind any extra steps! Whole process was about a month. HR was very upfront about process and were easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with live content across both cable and entertainment platforms?   Answer Question
    • To what extent of experience do you have with stewardship and liability?   Answer Question