NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The process is quite long. First, there is an online written application. Next is the TTI interview (which is a video interview). The video interview was about 4 questions. Last was the panel interview. From reading previous Glassdoor reviews I thought it was going to be an NBC Pop-Quiz. That's not what this panel interview was at all. We were asked behavioral questions. The panel interview consisted of a group discussion, group interview, one-on-one interview and then a 2 minute presentation.

News Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 part process. The first is a webcam prerecorded interview. You answer about 5 questions via webcam- each timed for about 2 minutes. The second round was a skype interview with the supervisor of the department you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Talk about 3 current events.
      How do you get your news?
      What are your favorite NBC programs?
      Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process has been streamlined with greater consistency and transparency—my experience was actually really fun, nothing like the scary stories on here from the past. I applied with a cover letter, resume and two essays. About three weeks later, I got the invitation for a virtual interview that took maybe 20 minutes to complete. After that, they interviewed candidates for three weeks and I heard back at the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that put you in a completely unfamiliar experience. How did you respond? Describe a time when you observed a problem and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy and non-stressful interview process. I can see where it will help to have a connection in order to get your resume to the top of the pile. Once the team reached out the process was simple and professional.

Interview Questions

• Review your resume with me.   1 Answer

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We're glad to hear you had a positive experience throughout your interview process with us. We know how stressful the process can be so we always do our best to make candidates feel as ... More

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an NBC HR rep requesting a phone interview about a week after applying online. After the phone interview, which was successful, she coordinated an in-person interview with the hiring manager at 30 Rock. I thought the interview went well--I was there an hour and we had a lot to talk about--but then nothing. I was surprised and disappointed because it felt like I would be going on to the final round. A few months later the position had been taken down. I was not contacted informing me that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We apologize to hear of the lack of communication after your interview for the status of the position. Thank you for leaving this review, as it is incredibly helpful to us as we are ... More

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There isn't much of an interview process when you start off as an intern. In my experience, if you're already interning in a department that has a need for extra workers (which isn't usually the case) you're practically handed the job.

Mar 15, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are glad to see you had an easy interview experience and felt that your intern experience helped you throughout the hiring process. We truly believe ... More

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview for the Page Program is a panel interview. There may be up to 7 people interviewing with you. You will be expected to answer questions and present in front of everyone.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for the program a few years ago so I do not remember what I was asked.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in June 2016.

Interview

Received an email from the intern supervisor followed with guidelines to set up an interview. I did mine over Skype and it was very conversational and easy going. I felt at home and really enjoyed speaking with the whole team (VP, two directors, intern supervisor). They contacted me via email a week and a half later that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite project/job and what was your least favorite?
      You listed on your resume that you did ____. How did you do that?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I did a phone interview and got a call from one of the coordinators during my scheduled time. Overall it was very formal, much like a college interview, rather than a back and forth conversational type of interview. The coordinator asked me a series of pre-written questions. I felt like the interviewer was not very friendly or interested in my answers. It seemed like they were impatient and just needed to get through the list of required interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time that you failed and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied directly on company website, email invite for video interview 2 days after online submission video interview was timed and had 8 questions 2 which were texted Over a month and still no response.