NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in July 2016.

Interview

The hardest part of the process is getting someone to reach out to you after you submit your application. It could be months before you (may) hear from a recruiter. After my submission, I i was reached out to do a pre-recorded video response. The next day, i was called for a phone interview with two recruiters who asked questions and gave me a full idea of what the position was. From there, i spoke with a hiring manager and then a week later, i was asked to send in my resume again. Didn't hear anything again for a week, and was then told that i did not get the job.

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was easy and relaxing. The recruiter was friendly and fairly new to the company so she thought for a while when I asked her questions about NBC Universal. However, the recruiter never replied to emails after the phone screening. I never received a rejection email either; I had to go online to see my application status to know that I have been rejected for this position.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing recently? What is your career direction? What Excel functions do you know? Do you know how to use Excel pivot tables and z-lookup? What is your expected salary? Are you willing to relocate? Is your schedule flexible for the next interview? What do you want from this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The process is quite long. First, there is an online written application. Next is the TTI interview (which is a video interview). The video interview was about 4 questions. Last was the panel interview. From reading previous Glassdoor reviews I thought it was going to be an NBC Pop-Quiz. That's not what this panel interview was at all. We were asked behavioral questions. The panel interview consisted of a group discussion, group interview, one-on-one interview and then a 2 minute presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Campus 2 Careers. After I applied I emailed the supervisor directly. I interviewed with the supervisor and one producers. Heard back within a week that I obtained the position. After this I did the video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Congrats on your offer and welcome to the NBCUniversal family! Best of luck in your new ... More

Director, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an NBC HR rep requesting a phone interview about a week after applying online. After the phone interview, which was successful, she coordinated an in-person interview with the hiring manager at 30 Rock. I thought the interview went well--I was there an hour and we had a lot to talk about--but then nothing. I was surprised and disappointed because it felt like I would be going on to the final round. A few months later the position had been taken down. I was not contacted informing me that they had selected another candidate.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 28, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We apologize to hear of the lack of communication after your interview for the status of the position. Thank you for leaving this review, as it is incredibly helpful to us as we are ... More

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Good process, only had to come in three time. Short brief meetings. Met most of the team during interviews and they were thorough on day to day expectations. HR took very long to respond with result, about 3 weeks

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a referral but I had to still apply online and follow through with the process. It was well-organized... I did the video interview which allows you 2 retries if you are unhappy with the first go. Few weeks later got an email to set up an in-person interview and 3-4 weeks later I got an offer via email!

NBCEntertainment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

Applied online for a fall internship, then a month later I was given the link to do the video interview. Two weeks later, I was given a call asking for my availability. After, they told me to touch base with them two weeks later. I did, and found out that I didn't get the position.

News Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a 2 part process. The first is a webcam prerecorded interview. You answer about 5 questions via webcam- each timed for about 2 minutes. The second round was a skype interview with the supervisor of the department you were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Talk about 3 current events.
      How do you get your news?
      What are your favorite NBC programs?
      Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process has been streamlined with greater consistency and transparency—my experience was actually really fun, nothing like the scary stories on here from the past. I applied with a cover letter, resume and two essays. About three weeks later, I got the invitation for a virtual interview that took maybe 20 minutes to complete. After that, they interviewed candidates for three weeks and I heard back at the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that put you in a completely unfamiliar experience. How did you respond? Describe a time when you observed a problem and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question