NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

NBC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for the internship in December and did not hear back until February. From what was shared from everyone, it's a three part process consisting of web/video, phone, and in-person. I was invited to complete a web/video interview, which was a new process to me, but wasn't too bad. I'd recommend practicing in front of a camera before recording yourself for the interview so you're more comfortable essentially speaking to yourself because the questions pop up on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Why NBC? Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks so much for the review. We're so happy to have you on board as an intern! Our Campus 2 Career program has a lot to offer, and we're excited that you have the chance to make the most... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2017.

Interview

I received an email saying that they wanted me to do a video interview, and if it goes well they will contact me for a final round interview. I am expected to hear back within the next month or so.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review! We know the application process can be nerve-racking at times, but we appreciate your interest with NBCUniversal. Best of luck! - The NBCU Talent Acquisition... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied January, heard back in February to set up an in-person interview for March. I should be hearing back in early April. Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• If there were multiple people asking you to complete different tasks, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. Welcome to NBCUniversal! We're happy to have you with on board with us, and we can't wait to see all the great things you'll accomplish! Good luck! - The... More

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and also cold emailed one of the recruiters as the company uses an ATS, in other words, a resume black hole. It was a smooth process after I sent the recruiter my resume. I was contacted about a week after sending it to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well until I learned about what I would be doing in detail, and the salary. I went in for an in-person and was made an offer, but declined because I received a higher one from one of their competitors and I'll be doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing to you?
      Describe how you see NBC in the pool of competitors?
      Why do you want to work here and in marketing?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience during your interview. While we're sad to see you go, we wish you the best of luck with your endeavors, and... More

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied back in February and didn't hear from the Recruiter until mid to end March. I had a initial phone interview with the recruiter describing the position. Then she schedule a phone interview with a peer 2 days later. The interview was very simple no technical questions. The interviewer just asked if I had experience with Java and Oracle Database experience, which I did. Overall, it seem as if the interviewer was burned out and the interview was dragging on. The interview consist of many behavior questions. It sounds as if the company went through some layoffs.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a character in a movie or book , who would you be and why?
      By 2030, robots is suppose to take over 30% of the jobs? What is your opinion about this article?   Answer Question

Manager Programming Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two people and I was not told what job it was for until I got there. It was a good interview but they expected me to know more about what they did without even working there. A bit of company background could have helped from them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the division?   1 Answer

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online on job board, submitted resume and cover letter, was contacted by recruiter over the phone for one position. Then another recruiter contacted for a different position and had to go through video screening and a skype interview for that position. The phone call interview was directly with the supervisor and ended up choosing the position.

Interview Questions

• Experiences- others had specific questions related to digital   1 Answer

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in March 2017.

Interview

Consulting Company presents you as most jobs are 6 month with right to hire.
    The person performing the interview was also a consultant and was a real jerk and so hard to understand.
    Just be sure you are at your desk for the phone interview. All of the questions are easily googled or can be answered using My Oracle Support.

Interview Questions

• What is the procedure to change the Private IP address on a RAC System?   1 Answer
    • What would you do to troubleshoot a RAC Network issue ?   1 Answer
    • If a customer calls you and complains about a slow running query , what would you do to troubleshoot it?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burlington, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they emailed me for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and the recruiter was professional. It was exactly a great fit on either side, but I was still a little interested, so was a bit disappointed when I never heard back at all. An email at least noting the position has been filled would have been nice.

Interview Questions

• They did ask me about sports since they are affiliated with local sport newscasting. When I responded that I love local sports, I felt they then thought that is why I was applying for the job, when it wasn't, at all.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, video interview, then long interview: group panel asking 3 questions per person, individual interview, group project, presentation. The interview took about three hours.They gave a few breaks and it seemed like they were calm and grateful for our time. It was hard to tell what they were thinking at our responses.

Interview Questions

• what is something you changed at a job and what was the effect?   Answer Question

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thank you for leaving this review. We know the interview process can sometimes be long and demanding so we appreciate your patience. We hope this doesn't discourage you from applying... More