NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

They had the worst interview process. I was contacted only by email to set up a web interview. I was give a date the interview was due by and completed within the timeframe. After the interview I reached out to HR to inform that I had completed the interview. It was radio silence after that! I never heard anything. I would have appreciated feedback either way. It's very unprofessional to ask someone to interview and then ignore them afterwards

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - We are so sorry to hear you had a negative interviewing experience. We appreciate your feedback and hope this doesn't discourage you from applying to future positions. Please ... More

Newsgroup Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Super quick. They hire internally so definitely network with producers and hr personnel. I wouldn't have gotten an interview without reaching out to hr. Interns get their own hr department which is super helpful. They really want to capture great talent right out of college so definitely use them as a resource. They have the ears of the producers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Legal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Miami, FL).

Interview

Contacted by recruiter then several 1:1s with the hiring team. Parts of the interview were in Spanish. I reached out for application status by phone twice but never heard back.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Straight forward and no surprises. Phone interview w/HR, then phone interview w/ hiring manager, then in-person interview with hiring manager and their boss. The HR person never got back to me. I reached out to them several times. Their response -- "I'll get back to you next week" and they never did. In fairness to those potential candidates, honesty is appreciated. HR should let the candidates know they are no longer being considered for the position, not promise an update that never comes.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied on the company's website and got an email invitation for a video interview about a week later. There are 6 questions in total, one written and five video. Apparently the video interview is step 1 of the process and I am still waiting to hear back if I got through to step 2.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

You do a self recorded interview on your webcam first which has a series of 5 questions or so. In addition to the video part, there are a few written answers you have to fill out as well. These questions cover school, what area of nbc interest you the most, a project you have worked on that you're proud of, etc.

If you pass that stage, you then get called in for an in person interview.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Miami, FL).

Interview

I received the initial email for a phone interview. After that Initial screening, I was asked back to an in-person interview. After At the end of the meeting I was told the position was no longer available. The position was offered to someone from within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online through their campus2career website, I got a response from their HR team to send in a video interview. Didn't hear back from them for over a month, but finally got an email back from another HR of the specific department I had applied for. I came in to interview with them, met with 2 different employers, and never heard back again. Interview questions were very typical and vague. Nothing tricky or too hard to answer.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

If you make the cut, you will be sent a link to record a video interview of yourself answering the questions provided. The questions are typical interview questions about you and your experience and why you're interested in the company. After that, your interview is seen by hiring managers, and they will correspond with you if they like you.

Graphic Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email saying I need to take an online interview about after three weeks I sent in my resume and portfolio. Interview questions asked about my education, current status, and video interview asking few questions. For example, what can you contribute to NBCUniversal? What do you know about NBCUniversal, etc. The recruiter was very nice and responsive.
    Then I got a call from the recruiter shortly after and had another phone call interview with her. She was very nice, and it was very casual and nice. And I am still waiting for them to get back to me.

Make sure you know enough about the company and sound enthusiastic when you are talking in the interview, i think personality matters a lot too.