NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Stamford, CT) in April 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. A few typical questions, otherwise a 'get to know you' type interview. Casual conversation more than a question and answer session. The questions that were asked were very basic interview questions- why this position, describe yourself, elaborate on your resume & qualifications. Interviewer was incredibly friendly and so extremely knowledgable on company and position. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied?   1 Answer

Page Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First step of application was online including resume, cover letter, and few brief questions. The application was on the NBCU careers website.

A few weeks later there was a video interview portion where you pre-recorded responses to 4 questions. You were not able to re-do the questions after they were recorded.

A few weeks after that was the panel interview at 30 rock! The panel lasted a few hours with 7 other candidates.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university. Had to do the video interview online which was a little awkward, but you get a retry if you're not happy with your first recording. Turnaround was very quick; I was contacted for a phone interview with the recruiter and hiring manager the next week, and got the offer by 5pm the following day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are you looking for in a summer internship   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2016.

Interview

It was 4-phase interview. First two interviews were over the phone. Very basic experience-based questions, with one algorithm question in the second interview. The third phase involved programming a basic webcrawler in python. Then the last step was a Skype interview with three employees. I was told I would hear back in a week after the last interview, but I never heard from them again. I thought it was pretty rude to have a candidate go through four different interviews and not even send a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Q: • How would you iteratively go over a list from 1 - 1,000,000 and find a duplicate when there’s one?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

Interview

A few brief essays, a pre-recorded interview, and then a 3 hour panel interview. The panel interview includes a panel question, small panel discussion, individual interview, and 2 minute presentation. The interview process and the whole program was recently revamped so a lot of the things written on here are outdated.

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Round 1 | Online Written Application - includes resume, cover letter, and a few written essays. Very standard.

Round 2 | Video Interview - you get 1 minute to prepare a video taped response to the given question. A lot of people think this is uncomfortable, which is understandable. However, the whole process takes about 20 minutes and is fairly simple.

Round 3 | Group Interview at 30 Rock - the day is split into different segments. When I interviewed, there was a group interview, a small group discussion, a personal interview, and a 2 minute timed speech. Although the day is stressful, the Page supervisors do a great job at making the whole experience fun and enjoyable for everyone there. BONUS - snacks, drinks, and breaks are provided!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in April 2016.

Interview

One Webcam Interview followed by a phone interview. The webcam interview is only 5 or 6 questions and then the phone interview was a followup. Not challenging questions and the hiring manager was very easy to talk to. Overall it wasn't as difficult as expected.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 27, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to see you had a positive experience during your interview process. Congrats on your new position and welcome to the NBCU family. Best of ... More

Ad Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, spoke with a recruiter, got sent a video interview to complete, got called in for an in-person interview. Interview was basic. I talked a lot of about my qualifications.

Got the internship and they offered me to stay another semester (very rare).

Take advantage of utilizing HR for any questions you have. Make sure they're familiar with you before going into the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What department would you want to placed within Ad Sales?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Received a response about a month after applying. Video interview where you sit in front of a camera and record your answers. The questions were put on the screen, then you were given 30 seconds to reflect upon the question.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

One on one interview. Got to know the hiring manager. Standard questions. Not bad. Standard. Not too bad. First interview was nervous but still not bad. ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok