NBCUniversal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.8

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

very interactice, employees were good listeners. Bring work samples, recommendations. Why do you belong in the company, what can you contribute, why are you pursuing this position. How did you hear about the position, what makes you the perfect candidate for the position. What are your longterms goals and short term goals for this position.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history and hobbies   1 Answer

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review! We're happy you had a positive experience and that you're now a part of the NBCUniversal family. We hope you enjoy your time with us, and we can't wait to see what... More

Cable Entertainment Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was contacted after two weeks by a Campus2Careers recruiter. The next day I was contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview, the next week I went in for an in person interview. It was relaxed and I was asked basic questions.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for posting a review. We're glad to hear you had a positive experience throughout your interview process. We know this process can be stressful so we aim to make it as pleasant... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a short phone screening then coming in for a 3 person panel interview, mostly stock interview questions of the "Describe a time when..." sort. The department's supervisor, though, did ask better questions. Overall, it was a pretty conversational interview. The final interview was with the vice president of the department. We talked about the position and movement through the company. It was a very fun interview, again, very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had a positive interview. We always try to lead with creativity in our various projects so we also try to incorporate the same... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Associate Digital Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2016.

Interview

Process took 8 weeks. Initially applied and got a screening interview. Then brought in to meet with hiring managers the next week. Received a homework assignment to complete in a week and then was invited to another series of interviews with more internal members. HR asked for 5 references to submit via Checkster (think SAT or GRE type of essay questions they have to fill out). Two weeks later, I was told they went with someone internally.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

After a little more than a month I was sent an email to have an interview. It was a digital interview that recorded you talking. It gave about 30 seconds of prep and then you had a minute to two minutes to answer. If you messed up at all you are given one redo at the end of the process to reset the entire process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would help you for this position?   Answer Question
    • What qualities make a good intern/employee and how did you display these traits in your past job(s)?   Answer Question
    • What would you hope to gain from the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Asked the standard screening and qualification questions. They wanted to make sure that the your experience and skill sets were in line with the specific job applied to. The tone and line of questioning could have been more cordial and less robotic.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We take our feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We're sorry we couldn't offer you a more cordial or comfortable... More

MediaTech Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Aside from behavioral questions, the interviewer took the time to explain to me what my role would be and asked for my preferences. The style was comfortably conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • Q. Why're you interested in this position and role?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review we're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We do our best to make candidates feel as comfortable as possible and really... More

Brand Media Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process includes three interviews. one with Department Lead and two with HR. You interview with the Department lead for about 30 min, basically getting a breakdown of the position and what goes on in the department. The next 30 min will be with both HR representatives, they will then go in depth about your skill set and how you will be able to contribute to the company.