NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

76 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview. You get about 30 seconds to read the question and then about a minute or so to record your answer on video. The second step was a phone interview with the recruiter. Once you've passed that step there will be a series of in-person interviews with people of varying levels.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you choose to apply to NBCUniversal?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you handle constantly shifting priorities?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Someone reached out via email and said to click on a link for a video interview. You have 72 hours to do the video interview. They let you have a practice round first which is nice because I had no idea what to expect. There were two written questions and 3 video questions. The questions were a mix of technical questions such as describe and list your skills and pretty general questions such as Why NBCUniversal or Why entertainment.

West Coast Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First is the general application which consisted of 2 essay questions, then the video interview (kind of awk, but easy and straight forward enough) and then finally the notorious panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem in your job or internship   Answer Question

NBC News Associate Program Interview

Application

Interview

The first round interview process went really well. The interviewer was professional and gave constructive criticism of my interview. I thought all of the questions were very relevant to the position and they were unique enough in which I could provide my own perspective on my experience thus far as a journalist.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and also cold emailed one of the recruiters as the company uses an ATS, in other words, a resume black hole. It was a smooth process after I sent the recruiter my resume. I was contacted about a week after sending it to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well until I learned about what I would be doing in detail, and the salary. I went in for an in-person and was made an offer, but declined because I received a higher one from one of their competitors and I'll be doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing to you?
      Describe how you see NBC in the pool of competitors?
      Why do you want to work here and in marketing?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience during your interview. While we're sad to see you go, we wish you the best of luck with your endeavors, and... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough yet personal, many questions to determine long-term goals and if the candidate is a personality fit for the specific department. Wanted to make sure assistant was not just a work partner but compatible in terms of lifestyle because of the nature of the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to see that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. We hope you consider applying to our open positions in the future. Best of luck! - The... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Really brief interview with the Multimedia Manager and an Editor for Bravo Digital. We went into a nearby lobby where they both sat down with some questions asking me about my experience.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

MediaTech Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Aside from behavioral questions, the interviewer took the time to explain to me what my role would be and asked for my preferences. The style was comfortably conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • Q. Why're you interested in this position and role?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review we're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We do our best to make candidates feel as comfortable as possible and really... More