NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Home Entertainment Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Very slow. Took a long time to hear back. Wasn't ready for me that Monday I was suppose to start. My boss was a little crazy and no one liked her around the office and I could tell from the way she held her interviews

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The first step was a video interview. You get about 30 seconds to read the question and then about a minute or so to record your answer on video. The second step was a phone interview with the recruiter. Once you've passed that step there will be a series of in-person interviews with people of varying levels.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why did you choose to apply to NBCUniversal?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are your career goals?   1 Answer
    • Q: How do you handle constantly shifting priorities?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Someone reached out via email and said to click on a link for a video interview. You have 72 hours to do the video interview. They let you have a practice round first which is nice because I had no idea what to expect. There were two written questions and 3 video questions. The questions were a mix of technical questions such as describe and list your skills and pretty general questions such as Why NBCUniversal or Why entertainment.

West Coast Page Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First is the general application which consisted of 2 essay questions, then the video interview (kind of awk, but easy and straight forward enough) and then finally the notorious panel.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem in your job or internship   Answer Question

NBC News Associate Program Interview

Application

Interview

The first round interview process went really well. The interviewer was professional and gave constructive criticism of my interview. I thought all of the questions were very relevant to the position and they were unique enough in which I could provide my own perspective on my experience thus far as a journalist.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and also cold emailed one of the recruiters as the company uses an ATS, in other words, a resume black hole. It was a smooth process after I sent the recruiter my resume. I was contacted about a week after sending it to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well until I learned about what I would be doing in detail, and the salary. I went in for an in-person and was made an offer, but declined because I received a higher one from one of their competitors and I'll be doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing to you?
      Describe how you see NBC in the pool of competitors?
      Why do you want to work here and in marketing?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

May 1, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to hear you had a good experience during your interview. While we're sad to see you go, we wish you the best of luck with your endeavors, and... More

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the recruiter after a quick phone call. They told me about the position and asked me several questions about my history and style of management. I was told that the position would possible be filled by an in house person. that was indeed what ended up happening. The interview went well I think. Although I get the feeling that the person I was speaking with was not sure what she was interviewing me for. She did not follow up with me. I called her and she didn't know anything. I called my friend that had referred me and discovered that the position had been filled internally. I don't think the interviewer knew that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an existing employee that was not of your choosing. How did you retain that person and have them do well?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough yet personal, many questions to determine long-term goals and if the candidate is a personality fit for the specific department. Wanted to make sure assistant was not just a work partner but compatible in terms of lifestyle because of the nature of the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to see that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. We hope you consider applying to our open positions in the future. Best of luck! - The... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day... More