NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please ... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough yet personal, many questions to determine long-term goals and if the candidate is a personality fit for the specific department. Wanted to make sure assistant was not just a work partner but compatible in terms of lifestyle because of the nature of the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to see that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. We hope you consider applying to our open positions in the future. Best of luck! - The ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

MediaTech Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Aside from behavioral questions, the interviewer took the time to explain to me what my role would be and asked for my preferences. The style was comfortably conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • Q. Why're you interested in this position and role?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review we're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We do our best to make candidates feel as comfortable as possible and really ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Probably the worst recruiting experience of any media company. Recruiters are completely unresponsive, they treat you like a number and like they are doing you a favor. After beating down the door of one of their recruiters I was told, "we get so much interest that we can't respond to everyone." Never mind the fact that I had several interviews for the position and was never told yes or no. There simply was no communication after I had several interviews until I was told they had too many candidates. I wonder how my boss would feel if I told her that I had too much work to do and couldn't call all my customers? I totally get that you can't reach out to every applicant, but once you e had a few interviews they should not ignore you for weeks on end. Poor communication. Lack of follow through and a mentality that you're bothering them is how I have come to think of recruiting at NBCU

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Applied through career site. Recruiter from NY called for a screening interview about 2 weeks later. Then I was brought in to meet the Director and Manager of the team. At the on site interview, I was introduced and interviewed by a few more members of the team making my interview an hour longer then estimated, which was fine. The team was friendly and upfront about the position and the office seemed to have a really nice culture. I was brought in a second time to meet my would be direct manager and the VP. Then went through a reference check where they called previous supervisors. After all of this they scheduled me with 2 more interview calls with 2 managers in New York. The last two seemed excessive (especially for an entry level role) but everyone was so pleasant and it seemed like such a great place to work so I did not mind any extra steps! Whole process was about a month. HR was very upfront about process and were easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with live content across both cable and entertainment platforms?   Answer Question
    • To what extent of experience do you have with stewardship and liability?   Answer Question

Video Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Met with dept head and scheduler. Friendly atmosphere and people. Detail q & a about resume items. Plenty of time to ask questions and get straight answers. It is a NABET union shop for editors and they pay minimum scale. Facility is run as client orientated with lots of newer equipment and support.

Interview Questions

• Are you hard news or feature editor?
      What makes you mad? Are you willing to work ingest?
      Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was easy and relaxing. The recruiter was friendly and fairly new to the company so she thought for a while when I asked her questions about NBC Universal. However, the recruiter never replied to emails after the phone screening. I never received a rejection email either; I had to go online to see my application status to know that I have been rejected for this position.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing recently? What is your career direction? What Excel functions do you know? Do you know how to use Excel pivot tables and z-lookup? What is your expected salary? Are you willing to relocate? Is your schedule flexible for the next interview? What do you want from this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying online through their campus2career website, I got a response from their HR team to send in a video interview. Didn't hear back from them for over a month, but finally got an email back from another HR of the specific department I had applied for. I came in to interview with them, met with 2 different employers, and never heard back again. Interview questions were very typical and vague. Nothing tricky or too hard to answer.