NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.7

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and also cold emailed one of the recruiters as the company uses an ATS, in other words, a resume black hole. It was a smooth process after I sent the recruiter my resume. I was contacted about a week after sending it to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen went well until I learned about what I would be doing in detail, and the salary. I went in for an in-person and was made an offer, but declined because I received a higher one from one of their competitors and I'll be doing the same thing.

Interview Questions

• What is marketing to you?
      Describe how you see NBC in the pool of competitors?
      Why do you want to work here and in marketing?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge and how you dealt with it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online in December 2016 and didn't receive an email until late February inquiring to submit a video interview within 48 hours or receiving the email. After submitting I received an email stating that they will contact me 3 weeks after the interview and I did not receive a response. Don't expect a response since they have thousands of applicants trying for the same position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you used your analytical skills to successfully complete a project?   Answer Question

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there! Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you understand that due to the sheer volume of applicants that our recruiters need to consider, sometimes things do fall through the cracks. Please ... More

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Thorough yet personal, many questions to determine long-term goals and if the candidate is a personality fit for the specific department. Wanted to make sure assistant was not just a work partner but compatible in terms of lifestyle because of the nature of the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Apr 10, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi! Thanks for leaving this review. We're happy to see that you had a positive experience interviewing with us. We hope you consider applying to our open positions in the future. Best of luck! - The ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day ... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a short phone screening then coming in for a 3 person panel interview, mostly stock interview questions of the "Describe a time when..." sort. The department's supervisor, though, did ask better questions. Overall, it was a pretty conversational interview. The final interview was with the vice president of the department. We talked about the position and movement through the company. It was a very fun interview, again, very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had a positive interview. We always try to lead with creativity in our various projects so we also try to incorporate the same ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

Brand Media Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process includes three interviews. one with Department Lead and two with HR. You interview with the Department lead for about 30 min, basically getting a breakdown of the position and what goes on in the department. The next 30 min will be with both HR representatives, they will then go in depth about your skill set and how you will be able to contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time of conflict and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

MediaTech Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Aside from behavioral questions, the interviewer took the time to explain to me what my role would be and asked for my preferences. The style was comfortably conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • Q. Why're you interested in this position and role?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review we're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We do our best to make candidates feel as comfortable as possible and really ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.