NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

141 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email for a video interview that needed to be completed within 48 hours and then got an email from someone in the department after that. We scheduled an appointment and I went to the Universal offices to meet with 2 heads of the department.

Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

There are three steps to the interview process. You send in an application online (the application is extensive, with several short answer questions about why you would like to be a part of the program. If you move on to the next step, it will be a video interview. The video portion has 3-5 questions. You will have about one minute to read the question, and one to three minutes to answer on the spot. If you move on to the next step, you are at the final round. It is an in person interview, where there is an individual interview, a group interview, and a panel interview. The whole process (from initial online application to final interview) takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you have made a mistake at work, and how did you come back from it.   Answer Question

Page Program LA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1. Fill out online application with two essay questions
    2. Video interview (your answers are recorded via webcam but you're not talking to anyone) Its awkward but also convenient cause you can take it when you're ready. I thought this was really difficult because the you only had 15 seconds to read the questions (which were fairly long) and thing of your response before it started recording you. I think there were 4 questions.
    3. Panel Interview is like a 3-4 hour process where you go to the NBCUniversal building and are with 5 or 6 other candidates. I was interviewed by 3 NBC employees. We had a presentation that we had to prepare for (we were given the prompt 48 hours before our panel), then we were each asked two questions but they were the same for everyone so if you're at the end you had the whole time to prepare your answer. Then we were individually interviewed for 15 minutes. Finally we had a group project we worked on (drawing a Instagram post for the Page Insta). This was quite awkward because the interviewers sat in the room with us while we worked on it but couldn't help or answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. How will the page program help you achieve your goals and what are you still curious about?
      2. Describe a situation that you had to be mature and professional in the face of stress
      3. What is your superpower that people ask you for help with professionally?
      4. What did you do in your downtime at another job or internship?
      5. What is something you've been working on over the past year?
      6. Describe a time you had to navigate a difficult working relationship and what was the result?
      Also a ton of the other questions on this site came up as well   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied in May ad was notified in July of an interview process. After interviewing with their computerized video chat process (they ask you a question and you get 2 minutes to film a response). I was not contacted until September for a phone interview that lasted around 30 minutes with my potential boss. She set up an in person interview at the studio the next day that lasted about 10 minutes. At that stage, she still had to interview two other people. She notified me within a week that I had the position.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Sep 19, 2017 – Talent Brand Manager

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that you've had a great experience during the interview process. One of the things that makes this company so innovative is our amazing and... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Received a screening call from HR. Then was brought in for an in person interview. The interview was with both the hiring manager and the Director. It was laid back, easy going environment. They were well prepared with good questions that pertained to the position. I like that they had looked into my background and new my resume before I got there, because they were able to ask good questions about it instead of spending the interview reading it for the first time or asking me to walk them through it.

The interview was direct and short. The next day HR called to tell me I will going into the next stage of interview and that they needed to do a background check. I never went in for interviews again, and after the background check cleared they sent an offer.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

I met with an HR representative at a Coffee Bean on the lot. They asked me general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations. Then I met with the department VP and EVP. After a full week I got a call saying they wanted me and we negotiated salary.

Interview Questions

• HR asked general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted via FaceTime and the interviewer was pleasant throughout. He asked the standard questions about why I was interested in the position, what my strengths were, what I was looking for, my work history, and so on. Unfortunately they put the position on hold after the initial interview, so I did not advance in the process. The next step would have been meeting with the executives I'd be assisting and one other executive in the department.

HR Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Received email for video interview 1 day after applying online. Unfortunately, after you take this video interview, unless they want you to move you up in the hiring process - no follow-up what so ever. Not even an email saying that the position is closed. I waited 2 months and found out through LinkedIn & NBC job status that the position was filled/closed. I understand it's a big company, but it'd still be nice to get those automated "we moved on with different candidate" emails.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It's a long process and you don't really hear anything between each phase. You apply online, then if a recruiter calls you, you have a meeting with them, then if they think you're a good fit, you then have a meeting with the hiring manager for the role... The decision won't be made for another 30 days after....

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a difficult situation with a project, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant experience. Had 4 interviews and really enjoyed the process. Quick and efficient and really made you feel excited about the opportunity. They screened over the phone, had me come in for 2 interviews with the executives I'd assist and then another interview with HR at the end. Unfortunately the temp decided to stay on, which is why no offer was made.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and how does this job fit those goals?   Answer Question