NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

Digital Distribution Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I got a referral through my school with the contact information of the interviewer. I sent my resume and cover letter and was contacted back after two days. The interview was set for a few days after that. There was one interview and subsequently I didn't get the offer, but was referred to another hiring manager who wanted to interview me for a different position. By then I had already decided on another internship so wasn't able to take it.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very much like a conversation about the space and about my interest in it. Thus there weren't many "tough" questions.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview with just overview of past jobs and what the department wants and what it does. than in person interview and a talent management called with the job offer. no negotiation process.

Intern E! Online Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. Asked about experience with web-based content. They didn't ask too many questions about myself and it was mostly conversational. I brought my portfolio to showcase my skills, and though I think they appreciated the professionalism, didn't really look through it. Had two interviews, both less than 20 minutes, and was hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked what type of entertainment I was interested in and asked me about the movie/film industry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Production Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an in house interview. I interviewed with the CFO assistant, CFO, a manager, and a director. the whole process took about three hours. When i was driving to the interview, apparently I got an email asking to come in later. Since i was already there, I interviewed with a lot of people.
    I was emailed an offer for the position a week later.

Online Editorial Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied via the company website for a couple positions. The hiring manager called me before the interviews started to get a grasp on which position I was most interested in/most qualified for. I ended up interviewing for E!, and it was a pretty easy process.

Interview Questions

• I didn't review the website thoroughly enough beforehand, so answer questions about the website layout and accessibility was difficult for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an internship so I accepted school credit.

Entertainment Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process at first was very long. Had to apply for job on website. If I hadn't spoken to campus recruiters I most likely wouldn't have gotten the job, That leg up certainly helped

Digital Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiters came to school, I dropped a resume in person. Received an email inviting me to do a virtual self-recorded interview. Flew out to LA and interviewed with the creative director.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

This interviewer let me do more of the talking. Very laid back and easy going interview. I really wanted the job so I came prepared which helped. No curve ball questions or anything just straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• What would you differently with our social media channels if you had the chance.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

took me 2 months to get through the process, 9 total interviews, asked mostly behavioral and fit questions. HR was not very responsive in the breaks between different interviews. The final decision was supposed to be made by Thanksgiving but it took them another 2 weeks to come back to me and say "no".

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, they are looking for the Fit that is hard to quantify   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There isn't much of an interview process when you start off as an intern. In my experience, if you're already interning in a department that has a need for extra workers (which isn't usually the case) you're practically handed the job.

NBCUniversal Response

Mar 15, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thanks for leaving this review. We are glad to see you had an easy interview experience and felt that your intern experience helped you throughout the hiring process. We truly believe ... More