NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Really brief interview with the Multimedia Manager and an Editor for Bravo Digital. We went into a nearby lobby where they both sat down with some questions asking me about my experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a short phone screening then coming in for a 3 person panel interview, mostly stock interview questions of the "Describe a time when..." sort. The department's supervisor, though, did ask better questions. Overall, it was a pretty conversational interview. The final interview was with the vice president of the department. We talked about the position and movement through the company. It was a very fun interview, again, very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had a positive interview. We always try to lead with creativity in our various projects so we also try to incorporate the same... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online. When I got to the department the hiring manager straight up told me that this is entertainment and the best way (and usually only way) to get a job is if you know someone. Well, this speaks a lot about the industry and also NBC as a whole. He told me that pretty much everyone at the company either started as an intern or got a job through a referral.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

got an email for a video interview, then did a phone interview. The phone interview was with a producer who talked to me about my responsibilities as well as hours. She was very helpful in providing a look into what I should expect. I was offered a position after phone interview

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite pieces we have done recently   Answer Question

MediaTech Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within 2 weeks. Aside from behavioral questions, the interviewer took the time to explain to me what my role would be and asked for my preferences. The style was comfortably conversational.

Interview Questions

• Q. Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict in your team.   Answer Question
    • Q. Why're you interested in this position and role?   Answer Question

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review we're glad to hear you had a positive experience during your interview. We do our best to make candidates feel as comfortable as possible and really... More

Brand Media Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Studio City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Studio City, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process includes three interviews. one with Department Lead and two with HR. You interview with the Department lead for about 30 min, basically getting a breakdown of the position and what goes on in the department. The next 30 min will be with both HR representatives, they will then go in depth about your skill set and how you will be able to contribute to the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very short online video interview where questions appear on the screen and you are given a short time to answer each one. This is not a skype call, but instead a one sided interview, and someone will most likely reach out to you after with further information. It is the preliminary interview for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school for a spring internship. I heard back a few weeks later and was brought in for an interview. The interview was fairly typical although I interviewed with several (four) people from the department at the same time which made it a little more difficult. Questions were standard, nothing too surprising. A couple of weeks after the interview I was told via email that I received the position.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I had to complete a video application along with a digital application and received an email a week later for a phone interview. Then they put me in contact with the hiring manager and I had an in person interview.