NBCUniversal Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Manager Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Asked the standard screening and qualification questions. They wanted to make sure that the your experience and skill sets were in line with the specific job applied to. The tone and line of questioning could have been more cordial and less robotic.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 25, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We take our feedback very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know. We're sorry we couldn't offer you a more cordial or comfortable... More

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Internet/video interview very simple questions - the process itself was very odd, basically you talked to your computer while watching your self. Very impersonal and for me very awkward is the best I can describe it

Interview Questions

• There were 5 general questions, each being timed, so if you messed up there was no going back to fix - very awkward experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

took me 2 months to get through the process, 9 total interviews, asked mostly behavioral and fit questions. HR was not very responsive in the breaks between different interviews. The final decision was supposed to be made by Thanksgiving but it took them another 2 weeks to come back to me and say "no".

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions, they are looking for the Fit that is hard to quantify   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had the initial interview with the Director of the department. There were several candidates for the job and it was cut down to two. Myself and the Director then met with the head of the department. After this meeting, I was hired. I've worked in so many areas of the entertainment business that I didn't find any questions unexpected or too difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• I've worked in so many areas of the entertainment business that I didn't find any questions unexpected or too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Applied online. HR called and was clueless. Met with a few employees that barely seemed to understand why they were interviewing. Everyone was nice, but you could tell they didn't have their stuff together.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview process was not terribly intense or difficult; only 30 minutes with each interviewer. I did a couple repeat interviews and then interviewed with HR which was probably the most useful. I would've benefited from more opportunities to interview and meet additional members of the team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

HR was all over the place. Offered limited help in getting through the process.

Negotiation

They wouldn't negotiate on much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview question: I was asked where did I see myself in 3-5 years
    Interview advise: At the close of the interview I was not asked to come in and meet with anyone. The recruiter was not direct and just should have said this is not a fit. Instead, I did.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Orlando, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I spoke with him for about 25 minutes. Three weeks after the phone interview the recruiter called to ask if I could meet the hiring manager in and VP in New York for a in person interview. Then 3 weeks after that they flew me down to Orlando for an onsite interview where I met with the other managers and directors in the department.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with conflicting priorities. How did you determine the top priority?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

Contacted via e-mail for an interview. Interviewer called me 15 minutes late. Spoke for about 25 minutes. Lady seemed preoccupied with something else when we were talking. Was asked the normal interview questions and also what do you know about NBC and about NBC current events. I asked for more information about the role and she seemed to guess the answers.