NBCUniversal NBC News Associate Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal NBC News Associate Program Interview Questions

3.5

NBC News Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applying for the News Associates Program was an enjoyable experience. First, you submit an application including resume, cover letter, reference, and a series of short essays. The essays are geared towards understanding your news judgment and background. The program is flooded with over 2,000 applicants vying for 6-10 spots. If they are interested, you will be contact. The most nerve-racking part is the wait.

Second, is the first round of interviews where NBC has already weeded out thousands of applicants. Some people are flown to New York while others, who are further away from the East Coast, interview in their respective city. The interview is conducted by NBC employees (producers, executive producers, talent and acquisition team, etc.) who have a vested interest in the program. This interview is more of a conversation, gaging interests and news judgment. Again, the wait is the most nerve-racking part.

Third, is the final round of interviews. At this point the pool has whittled down to 25 candidates who are all flown to New York for the interview. Each candidate goes one after another, separately, to interview with a panel of NBC employees. Interviewees are asked a serious of questions and it is over pretty quickly. If you are accepted, the Talent and Acquisition team will contact you within the week and receive a contract detailing pay and expectations.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

NBC News Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The application process begins by sending out a resume, cover letter, writing sample and a series of short essays (which take a while to write out).

I heard back from the company about an interview about 10 days after the deadline passed. NBC News flew me up to their headquarters at Rockefeller Center for a first round interview, one-on-one with the director of NBC News (who was extremely nice). This one was pretty informal and focused on my interest in journalism. It was brief, lasting little over an hour.

The final round interview was also at NYC (company flew me up again). This one involved a panel interview with about 10 people, followed by a short interview with an HR manager. The entire round took about an hour. Heard back a few days after the interview concluded.

Company was extremely professional and accommodating. Paid for transportation to and from the airport, as well as flights. I really enjoyed meeting with the individuals I encountered during the process.

Interview Questions

• What three stories would you produce for this evening's news broadcast?   Answer Question