NBCUniversal Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.9

265 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Campus II Career Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview through their online portal. Ask questions and have two minutes to answer through video and written formats. It is a quick 20 minute format and some of it is basic questions like availability and school schedule.

Interview Questions

• What faction about the company I'm interested in?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for an internship late September and got an email in early November asking me to take a video interview where there is written and recorded answers on a timer. I had two chances to take it. One of the questions was asking which department I would like to work in. A week later, I got an e-mail from the head of a department in the place I wanted to work least (editorial) asking if I could come in or do a phone interview. Two days later, I had a semi-casual interview at their office with the person who e-mailed me. He said I should hear back in two weeks. When I didn't hear back, I e-mailed a follow up and he informed me I did not receive the position.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied for many different positions at NBCUniversal for their Spring 2018 internship program.

About 1 month later I was emailed by someone from Campus2Career if I was interested in a specific position for Universal Kids and the different types of roles they offered, and if I was interested, which one I would most like. I resent my resume to them and said I was interested in anything Design related.

4 days later I received an email asking me to complete a virtual interview in order to answer additional questions. I had to record myself answering questions they had listed.

11 days later I received a request for a virtual interview with the Art Director. In the interview I was asked about my long-term goals as well as my experience working in the adobe creative cloud suite. In the interview they said it sounded like a good fit.

4 days later I was formally offered the position via email.

Publicity Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The process was quick and to the point. I was contacted by the current publicity assistant at the time (via email) to set up an in person interview. I went in for an interview on the Monday of the following week and met with the VPs of the department, as well as with the Manager and Coordinator of the department. They asked simple questions like "tell me about yourself", and we discussed the relevancy of my background. Within 30 minutes of leaving the interview, I got an email from the HR recruiter handling this position that they'd like to follow up on the interview. I gave them a call, they said it sounded like the team enjoyed the meeting, we discussed salary, and they sent a link via email to provide my references, in which the HR representative asked that I provide a reference from a current employer. I provided references and waited about a week to hear back from HR that I had not gotten the position. I was slightly annoyed at the process, because if I had listed a current employer as a reference and they had contacted them, I could have easily faced repercussions.

Casting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

After having been referred by a professor who was a former employee, I was called to take part in a 20 minute phone call. That led me to an inperson internview a week later. Afterwards I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work history   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

My interview was in the early evening which I was kind of hesitant on as my interviewers may have been restless and eager to finish the day, however, I still agreed to the interview. Sadly my prediction came true, the direct manager who would oversee all my work seemed to be in a dull and unmotivated mood. The interviewer's non-verbal cues were very rude and unprofessional. I got to meet the team I would work with and ask them any questions I had which was nice but wrapped up rather early as I only have a limited amount of questions I could possibly ask without having experienced the job. At the very end of the interview, the hiring manager suggested that I find a headhunter and pursue more work experience even though the role was entry level and I was just as qualified as the previous hire's I spoke to. Overall a very poor experience, hiring manager gave rude remarks regarding my internship and work experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why didn't you work longer at your internship?
      Why aren't you working for a corporation right now?
      How would you deal with a hard vendor/customer?
      What excel experience do you have?   Answer Question

East Coast Page Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

There are 3 steps to the interview: The initial written application, the video interview, then the panel interview. I had my written application forwarded by and NBC employee. The video interview was probably the most difficult part of the interview process because you are talking to your computer with no person on the other end. It's also timed (15-30 sec to read the question, 1-2 min to answer). The panel interview wasn't as scary as it sounds. There's a group interview where you answer behavioral questions in front of the panel and 6-8 other candidates. There's a group activity that you complete in smaller (2-3 people) groups. There's the individual interview where to talk one-on-one with a panelist. Lastly, there's the 2 minute presentation that you do in front of the panelists and other candidates. They send details for the 2 minute presentation 48 hours before your panel date.

Interview Questions

• What is something you're teaching yourself?   Answer Question
    • Pretend it's one year from now and you've been through the page program. What do you hove to have gotten out of it?   Answer Question
    • What's one accomplishment you're especially proud of?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lee, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Fort Lee, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy. First a phone screen then an in person interview. The only thing that I didn’t like was when I emailed the hiring partner & the recruiter, one told me they were still interviewing & the other told me the truth.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A Phone screening first, followed by in person interviews with both the hiring manager and the department. Overall, a positive experience, they really want to see if you are a good fit, and give plenty of time for you to ask your own questions.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Slightly unorganized process but this was also done around the holidays (so that may be why). Interview process went: HR call, Director interview, VP interview, another HR meeting and SVP interview. This took about two months total. Once I was offered, things moved fast as I was an internal move.

Interview Questions

• What are some social trends you see on some of the other NBC brands?   Answer Question