NBCUniversal Page Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Page Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

Online application, video interview, then long interview: group panel asking 3 questions per person, individual interview, group project, presentation. The interview took about three hours.They gave a few breaks and it seemed like they were calm and grateful for our time. It was hard to tell what they were thinking at our responses.

Interview Questions

• what is something you changed at a job and what was the effect?   Answer Question

NBCUniversal Response

Feb 7, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there - Thank you for leaving this review. We know the interview process can sometimes be long and demanding so we appreciate your patience. We hope this doesn't discourage you from applying ... More

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Page Interview

Interview

Difficult- the written application went fine, but the video interview (where you are just speaking to a camera) was stressful and uncomfortable. They all you to redo the interview once, but the questions change--I would recommend going with your gut. If the first round went alright, leave it be.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process has been streamlined with greater consistency and transparency—my experience was actually really fun, nothing like the scary stories on here from the past. I applied with a cover letter, resume and two essays. About three weeks later, I got the invitation for a virtual interview that took maybe 20 minutes to complete. After that, they interviewed candidates for three weeks and I heard back at the end of the month.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience that put you in a completely unfamiliar experience. How did you respond? Describe a time when you observed a problem and the steps you took to fix it.   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview for the Page Program is a panel interview. There may be up to 7 people interviewing with you. You will be expected to answer questions and present in front of everyone.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for the program a few years ago so I do not remember what I was asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First step of application was online including resume, cover letter, and few brief questions. The application was on the NBCU careers website.

A few weeks later there was a video interview portion where you pre-recorded responses to 4 questions. You were not able to re-do the questions after they were recorded.

A few weeks after that was the panel interview at 30 rock! The panel lasted a few hours with 7 other candidates.

Application

Interview

A few brief essays, a pre-recorded interview, and then a 3 hour panel interview. The panel interview includes a panel question, small panel discussion, individual interview, and 2 minute presentation. The interview process and the whole program was recently revamped so a lot of the things written on here are outdated.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied in November 2015, found out in February 2016. First round consists of essays, second round is a one-way video interview, and the third round is a panel interview with 5-8 other interviewees. They make you feel very comfortable and just want to get to you know. Everything before 2015 on this site is no longer how they do things. It is intimidating, and you should definitely study, but you are not grilled on NBC specifics. Instead, questions are more HR focused. A strong background and TV knowledge is a must!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a team you were part of a group, but not the group leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Three phases, written application, video interview, and in-person group interview. The written application had two short essays. The video interview had a few short questions with a 90 second answer limit, maybe 10 minutes total. The group interview took place at 30 Rock, with 5 or 6 candidates, everyone rotating through a panel interview, an individual interview, a group discussion on a prepared topic, a writing exercise, and a personal presentation.

Interview Questions

• What did you contribute to a previous job that they still use or benefit from today?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online during the summer and I got a response via email for the automated video-recording interview about 2 months later. The in person interview came about 3 months after that, and I got the rejection 8 weeks after that. One of the 3 interviewers left in the middle of the interview, so I'm fairly sure there's one person making the final call. I know they interview groups of 7-12 final round applicants at a time, so the people you interview with aren't your only competition. From what I understand your chances are greatly improved if you interned at NBC, know someone in upper management who can vouch for you, or if you're going through the interview process for the second time. I'm fairly certain that a 6 month interview process for an entry level position, hence my negative experience, but this seems to be the best way to get into the company, so grit your teeth and play ball.

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions

• Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question