NBCUniversal Page Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Page Interview Questions

Interviews at NBCUniversal

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

First step of application was online including resume, cover letter, and few brief questions. The application was on the NBCU careers website.

A few weeks later there was a video interview portion where you pre-recorded responses to 4 questions. You were not able to re-do the questions after they were recorded.

A few weeks after that was the panel interview at 30 rock! The panel lasted a few hours with 7 other candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview for the Page Program is a panel interview. There may be up to 7 people interviewing with you. You will be expected to answer questions and present in front of everyone.

Interview Questions

• I interviewed for the program a few years ago so I do not remember what I was asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Three phases, written application, video interview, and in-person group interview. The written application had two short essays. The video interview had a few short questions with a 90 second answer limit, maybe 10 minutes total. The group interview took place at 30 Rock, with 5 or 6 candidates, everyone rotating through a panel interview, an individual interview, a group discussion on a prepared topic, a writing exercise, and a personal presentation.

Interview Questions

• What did you contribute to a previous job that they still use or benefit from today?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online during the summer and I got a response via email for the automated video-recording interview about 2 months later. The in person interview came about 3 months after that, and I got the rejection 8 weeks after that. One of the 3 interviewers left in the middle of the interview, so I'm fairly sure there's one person making the final call. I know they interview groups of 7-12 final round applicants at a time, so the people you interview with aren't your only competition. From what I understand your chances are greatly improved if you interned at NBC, know someone in upper management who can vouch for you, or if you're going through the interview process for the second time. I'm fairly certain that a 6 month interview process for an entry level position, hence my negative experience, but this seems to be the best way to get into the company, so grit your teeth and play ball.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied last winter by email and heard back the next day to arrange a phone interview. Received an offer for a final round interview in New York after 2 weeks, but didn't receive the exact date for the in-person panel for another 2 months. Panel consisted of group portion, individual portion, and 2-minute timed presentation. Received an offer exactly 9 weeks after my interview. Long process with many pieces that lasted 6 months total.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest risk you've ever taken, and what did you learn from it?
      Tell me about a piece of constructive criticism you've received recently.
      What would your last supervisor say is something you need to improve upon?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating regarding pay with the Page program, but I was able to negotiate a longer period to consider my offer before accepting.

Page Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

The interview process was discouraging. The first step, an introductory phone call, was the basic hiring questions that come from your resume. For example, tell us about your previous work, etc. The next interview was unexpected. I was asked to do a web cam interview. It would seem straightforward, but I found the web cam to be extremely impersonal. I was disappointed by this step.

Interview Questions

• Sell NBCUniversal to potential clients in 1.5mins or less.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Contacted via email for an email screen. In the email screen must answer 4 short essays in 1 hour and send back. After 4 months was offered an in person interview. If you are not located in LA you must get yourself here. After the in person interview, in general wait about 3 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Since the Comcast/NBCUniversal merger, what do you see for the future of television?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

A very lengthy interview process. Included an online application, phone interview, recorded and timed webcam interview, and in-person panel interview. The night before the panel interview, we were informed that we also had to prepare an impromptu creative speech to deliver in front of all of out interviewers and competition.

Interview Questions

• How would you pitch NBCUniversal to a panel of potential investors?   Answer Question

Page Interview

Interview

First two rounds were pretty straight forward, first was an online typed review, next was skype and finally is a panel interview which I will have in two weeks. Where I will be facing a double panel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and a few weeks later I received an email to do an online video interview. I was given several options on due dates but the interview was conducted online through video questions. A question flashes on the screen for 30 seconds to 1 minute or so and you have about 1-1.5 minutes to answer. You then move onto the next question. You cannot change answers and the overall process is a bit stressful in that the time is quick and the interview is just you and your computer screen.

Interview Questions

• What aspects of the page program do you find most compelling?   Answer Question