NBCUniversal Page Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NBCUniversal Page Program Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Round 1 | Online Written Application - includes resume, cover letter, and a few written essays. Very standard.

Round 2 | Video Interview - you get 1 minute to prepare a video taped response to the given question. A lot of people think this is uncomfortable, which is understandable. However, the whole process takes about 20 minutes and is fairly simple.

Round 3 | Group Interview at 30 Rock - the day is split into different segments. When I interviewed, there was a group interview, a small group discussion, a personal interview, and a 2 minute timed speech. Although the day is stressful, the Page supervisors do a great job at making the whole experience fun and enjoyable for everyone there. BONUS - snacks, drinks, and breaks are provided!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NBCUniversal

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

First there's an online interview where you record your responses and send them in. I made it to the last round of the process where you go to 30 Rock for the group interview. The hardest part is the 2 minuet presentation, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you dropped the ball on a project or job.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Took four months and the process was pretty heartbreaking. You wait a month to hear about each round. The first round is a video interview with no one on the other end. The questions are fairly simple (what is something we wouldn't know based on your resume, name a time you messed up in a working setting, ect.), but the process is weird because there's no one on the other end and no energy to feed off of. The second round is a panel interview. You are asked one question in front of a group of 5-10 people then interviewed one on three (with the page program hr reps) and then a 2 minute presentation of yourself. It's supposed to be creative and funny. The presentation is scary, but overall the experience is not that bad although it's long. I really enjoyed the panel and thought it taught me a lot about interviewing. I found out 4 weeks after my panel that I was not accepted. What really made me upset was that they let me know through an automated response after I had worked with them for so long. So impersonal. My friend waited 4 months before hearing she was rejected, so just a heads up it could be a long time.

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

I had a generally positive experience with the Page Program hiring process, the only frustration being its duration. I applied in June online, video interviewed in July, participated in an in-person panel interview in August, and heard back 9 weeks later in November. Once getting into the program there is an additional wait because you can only enter when a current Page leaves. The program administrator was generally very responsive and nice, answering emails promptly (besides within that 9 week period). At the panel interview, I got a similarly pleasant vibe from the other interviews and employees. I would suggest researching the program and company thoroughly online before your interviews, and a poised, well-articulated presentation seemed better received than theatrics in the panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would implement to improve the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were three sets of interviews that took place over several months. The first was on the phone, the second on the computer and the third in person. You have to prepare a project for the in person interview. The interviewers were exceptionally harsh and didn't really want to accept a lot of my answers. It was one of the hardest and most bizarre interviews I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Which one of NBC Universal's properties is the least profitable and what could we do to fix it?   Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in August 2014.

Interview

1) First applied and completed most of my summer internship at NBCU, then went to the Page Program information session
    2) Sent the Page Program email my resume and cover letter, as well as had my supervisor submit a referral to them on my behalf (within the week of the info session, we only had a week to apply!). Also had to apply online through nbcunicareers
    3) Had a (at most) 15 minute interview with Page Program Director
    4) Had a combined interview of 3 parts: the first part was an interview with Page Program Director and Assistant Director where I sat with 3 other applicants. We were asked about 3-4 questions as a group. Then, we were separated into individual interviews that were specific to our resume/internship department. Finally, we performed a 2-minute presentation on why we should be in the Page Program, which was to address our previous work experience in entertainment and personality. I believe that each of the stages were recorded on a cell phone, I know at least the last two stages were.

NOTE: NBCU was VERY accommodating to current interns, as many of us were leaving soon and had to have interviews within certain dates or times. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND INTERNING HERE FIRST AND THEN DOING THE INTERN PIPELINE, AS YOU HAVE FEWER STEPS IN ADMISSION AND AN EXPEDITED PROCESS, as I have seen that it has taken months for some applicants.

Interview Questions

• Which cable network in our portfolio do you think is the weakest and why?
      Which marketing campaign have you noticed recently to be particularly strong?
      Tell us about the most challenging experience that you have had in a work setting (for interns, this is difficult because you don't have much experience to choose from)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, lucky enough to get in!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Completed the first round video interview... questions were not difficult, however because it was a one-way conversation (recording) it was hard to know when to cut yourself off. Also, there as a timer on the bottom of the video screen that changed colors according to how much time you had left... this was very distracting. If the interview was a skype/phone interview, it would have been a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something that we wouldn't know based on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (New York, NY).

Interview

You first apply online and then hopefully you are contacted for an interview. The Page interview was a recorded interview where you have to record yourself with your computer webcam and they ask you 6 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare for each question and then 60 seconds to answer it.

Interview Questions

• These were some of the questions that I can remember:

- Tell us about yourself
      - Why should we hire you?
      - Describe a time that you made a mistake

It's pretty hard especially because you are limited to STRICTLY 60 seconds
      Answer Question

Page Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal.

Interview

Not a bad interview per se. The interview questions seem to be all about why you want to work in media. I gave reasonable, well thought-out answers expressing my previous experience in media and interest level. But the person interviewing me apparently was not satisfied with my answer and continued asking me the same question repeatedly. Not sure what she was expecting.