NBCUniversal Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. I then received an invitation for a video interview. You have 90 seconds preparation time and 90 seconds recording time for each of the five questions that are asked. This takes around 15 mins. Around a week later, I was invited for a face to face interview in the offices. They were friendly and professional. Typical competency based questions were asked, as well as discussing CV.

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online with a CV & Cover Letter. Was then invited to do a video interview (they give you about 5 questions with 30sec-1min to prepare your answer then 1-2mins to record your answer) and numerical test (quite difficult to do in the short time period they give, I was surprised that I had passed). Then there was an assessment centre which involved a brief written task, a group exercise and 5 quick fire interviews (10 mins per interview). The assessment centre is relaxed and it seemed they were looking for people with a passion for the industry and who they could get along with.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

May 1, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there, thanks for leaving this review! Happy to see that you've joined the NBCUniversal family! We can't wait to see what great things you'll accomplish. If you have any comments or concerns, feel... More

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Video Interview - about 5 timed questions - just be yourself and be professional, should be ok. For me, they were general questions about why me and why NBC.
    Assessment Centre w/ group exercise - 3 x 5 min interviews - wasn't a fan of this style of interviews but overall the day was fine. Didn't get the internship in the end but was left feeling good about the company despite the 5 min interview style.
    Long process though - took a few months.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thank you for leaving this review. We are glad to hear you had a positive interviewing experience. We know the interviewing process can be stressful and also long so we appreciate your... More

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited to the next stage - video interview. A month later, I received an invitation to the third and final round at the offices in London. On the assessment day, we were the final 8. We were split up into two groups, and had to do a problem solving question with 10 members of staff watching our interpersonal skills. We then had an 'Apprentice' style round of interviews, about 15 mins each with 6 different HOD's.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a mistake you made at work, and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Marketing/Communications/Brand/PR Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal in December 2016.

Interview

I sent in an application online and received an invite to complete an online video interview. The video interview consisted of 3 practical questions on right to work etc. that I had to answer in text and 6 video questions, for each one I had 30 seconds to prepare and 2 minutes to respond

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We hope you were able to have a pleasant experience. We know the interview process can be stressful especially when it's over video. Please be sure to... More

FLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I passed their application process, the video interview, online tests and then was invited to the final stage which was the assessment centre. The last stage had 3 tasks and one of them was a presentation we had to prepare beforehand.
    They were very relaxed and friendly, but they were assesing you every moment. Just be yourself.

Pros:
    The stages passed really quickly which is a plus.
    Friendly in the last stage
    Give you feedback if you fail in the assessment centre

Cons:
    Although they give you feedback, they no longer show interest in the candidate after they're rejected. They ignore your emails completely, whereas if you sent them an email when you were still in the selection process you would receive a reply INSTANTLY. Very unprofessional in that sense.

Interview Questions

• They always want to know whether you can relate yourself to the role you have applied. It doesn't need to be your experience, it can simply be your personality, or attitude that will make you valuable to the role.   Answer Question

Interview

1st interview with two Assistant Finance Controllers. Very friendly and chatty, made to feel comfortable and relaxed. They spoke through the role, structure of the team and how the position came about. Asked to talk through CV, then a few competency questions.

Interview Questions

• 3 strengths and 3 weaknesses?
      A time when you've dealt with a difficult person?
      Why are you good for the role and what can you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Employee Engagement & Talent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted the online application. After two weeks, I got the video interview email asking me to do it in three days. Nine questions in total- two written questions and seven spoken questions. Two written ones were about 1) do you have right working in the uk 2) willing to relocate?

Interview Questions

• Spoken questions:
      1)Why NBC and particularly this intern?
      2)Three important ability for this role
      3)What kind of movie/TV do you like and why
      4)Describe a recruitment/marketing campaign you like and why?
      5)Describe a media/marketing communication skills you have learned recently
      6)Describe a time you management conflicting tasks
      7)How would you manage your time   Answer Question

Media Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I have applied on the website. After 2 weeks I have received invitation for a video interview. You will have aprox. 2 min for each question to answer and 5 video questions and 30 seconds to prepare your answer.

Interview Questions

• What are the main 3 qualities media planning intern should have and why? Why NBC Universal and why excatly this position?   Answer Question

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application, submitted CV and cover letter.
    Invited to record a video interview.
    Then invited to an assessment day, also had to complete an excel test prior to this.

Very good assessment day, received presentations from current interns and learnt a lot about the roles that were being offered in specific departments. All employees seemed very enthusiastic about the company and their role within it.

I withdrew my application due to obtaining another internship.