NBCUniversal Interview Questions in Universal City, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Received a screening call from HR. Then was brought in for an in person interview. The interview was with both the hiring manager and the Director. It was laid back, easy going environment. They were well prepared with good questions that pertained to the position. I like that they had looked into my background and new my resume before I got there, because they were able to ask good questions about it instead of spending the interview reading it for the first time or asking me to walk them through it.

The interview was direct and short. The next day HR called to tell me I will going into the next stage of interview and that they needed to do a background check. I never went in for interviews again, and after the background check cleared they sent an offer.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

I met with an HR representative at a Coffee Bean on the lot. They asked me general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations. Then I met with the department VP and EVP. After a full week I got a call saying they wanted me and we negotiated salary.

Interview Questions

• HR asked general questions about my past work experience and salary expectations.   Answer Question

Attraction Show Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Great interview, nice folks. Gave me every indication that they were ready to make an offer. Four weeks later after reaching out to them, was told they hired someone else.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I met with the recruiter after a quick phone call. They told me about the position and asked me several questions about my history and style of management. I was told that the position would possible be filled by an in house person. that was indeed what ended up happening. The interview went well I think. Although I get the feeling that the person I was speaking with was not sure what she was interviewing me for. She did not follow up with me. I called her and she didn't know anything. I called my friend that had referred me and discovered that the position had been filled internally. I don't think the interviewer knew that.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an existing employee that was not of your choosing. How did you retain that person and have them do well?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Online app, video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer. Few weeks later was called in to interview with supervisors. I had applied for every position relating to marketing and got called in to interview for the department I was least interested in. Interview in person was one of the tougher ones I've experienced.

Interview Questions

Office in Universal City is very far from my school, hours are 9-6, very corporate atmosphere

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. Please keep checking back at our careers site to see the different positions that open up every day... More

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

First was a short phone screening then coming in for a 3 person panel interview, mostly stock interview questions of the "Describe a time when..." sort. The department's supervisor, though, did ask better questions. Overall, it was a pretty conversational interview. The final interview was with the vice president of the department. We talked about the position and movement through the company. It was a very fun interview, again, very conversational.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation where you made a mistake?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had a positive interview. We always try to lead with creativity in our various projects so we also try to incorporate the same... More

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school for a spring internship. I heard back a few weeks later and was brought in for an interview. The interview was fairly typical although I interviewed with several (four) people from the department at the same time which made it a little more difficult. Questions were standard, nothing too surprising. A couple of weeks after the interview I was told via email that I received the position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Unusually fast - I suspect they had someone for the job already but that person decided to opt out at the last minute. I was actually interviewing for another position, but when I talked to HR, they asked if I was interested in scripted programming (which is my dream job!). The next day I interviewed with the Director (the interview went very well), then she had me do script coverage on a couple of scripts. After, I in the interviewed with a few of the assistants. I was offered the job the following week.

Interview Questions

• What do you like more scripted programming or unscripted programming? Where do you see yourself within the next five years? Why NBCUniversal?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA).

Interview

Probably the worst recruiting experience of any media company. Recruiters are completely unresponsive, they treat you like a number and like they are doing you a favor. After beating down the door of one of their recruiters I was told, "we get so much interest that we can't respond to everyone." Never mind the fact that I had several interviews for the position and was never told yes or no. There simply was no communication after I had several interviews until I was told they had too many candidates. I wonder how my boss would feel if I told her that I had too much work to do and couldn't call all my customers? I totally get that you can't reach out to every applicant, but once you e had a few interviews they should not ignore you for weeks on end. Poor communication. Lack of follow through and a mentality that you're bothering them is how I have come to think of recruiting at NBCU

Anonymous Employee in Universal City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NBCUniversal (Universal City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Campus 2 Careers. After I applied I emailed the supervisor directly. I interviewed with the supervisor and one producers. Heard back within a week that I obtained the position. After this I did the video interview with 4 questions and a minute per answer.

Interview Questions

NBCUniversal Response

Jan 24, 2017 – Talent Branding Specialist

Hi there -

Thanks for leaving this review. We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience. Congrats on your offer and welcome to the NBCUniversal family!

Best of luck in your new... More