NC Department of Health and Human Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Youth Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Butner, NC).

Interview

You have to sign in because it's a locked facility; then you are taken to an office to interview after going through about 10 doors of unlocking and locking back

Interview Questions

• What will you do if you see a coworker breaking protocol   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Raleigh, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

DHHS is addicted to these stilted, round robin panel interviews. The questions barely pertain to position on offer, many in the room would benefit from extended answers but the format with 4 or 5 people busily, heads down writing, not engaging the interviewee is counter productive.

Survey Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services in February 2016.

Interview

They have a standard government interview process. The questions for all candidates are the same. First let you introduce yourself, then the HR will read the questions from a list.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that you have a firm deadline but can not make it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

HR person called and arranged for the interview and we set a date and time. For the interview, I arrived as scheduled and sat down with the hiring manager and unit lead. We discussed my qualifications and I detailed some of my experiences that would be applicable to the work I was interviewing for. It didn't hurt that my background was aligned with the requirements of the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle ambiguity?   Answer Question
    • You have a task with a firm deadline. You know you won't be able to complete your work before the deadline. What will you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

An offer was made that I felt was fair and was actually a higher salary than I had expected.

Systems of Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Raleigh, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was overkill. 1.5 HR interview with 3 people. I knew more about NC SOC that at least 2 of the people sitting at the table interviewing me. It was obvious that they weren't sure of the roles of the position. Then was made to create a writing sample on the spot on how you would respond to an e-mail. Seemed cheesy and unprofessional.

Income Maintenance Case Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Oxford, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with three managers but the hiring manager is the one usually asking all the questions. It lasted about 30 minutes. They attempt to disarm you in the very beginning to get you to relax, and the questions are somewhat redundant.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? What are your strengths and weaknesses, very basic. Oh and do you have interviewing skills. They're looking to see if you've interviewed clients in a clinical setting.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Butner, NC) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by the unit manager, one of approximately 18 units in the hospital. The interview itself lasted about an hour, with follow-up drug screens and criminal background checks. A one month orientation class, including exams on policy and medications, is also required.

Interview Questions

• A patient has thrown their medication on the floor. What do you do?   Answer Question

Music Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Butner, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the state of NC jobs website. The job was only posted for one week. I heard back 2 months after applying, after having tried to follow up but having difficult doing so. I did a brief phone interview with the direct supervisor then a 3 hour in-person interview including a tour, which was with the direct supervisor as well as that person's boss. I waited a few weeks before hearing back about an offer, and then had to wait a few weeks to start as their new employee orientation only happens once a month at the start of each month.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses, Do you have experience working with mentally ill patients, Describe how you've handled a challenging work situation. The questions were mostly run-of-the-mill interview questions. As a MT I had to do a musical audition of sorts as well.   Answer Question

Staff Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Butner, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services (Butner, NC) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview with 3 people. All very friendly. I was then taken on a small tour of the offices. I was later called back for a second interview and completed paper work with HR.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NC Department of Health and Human Services.

Interview

Nothing real intense - standard experience and behavioral type questions