NCC Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at NCC Media

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCC Media (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone screening, and that went well. Pretty general questions. A couple of weeks after the phone screening I was invited to come into the office. I met with 2 people, one person was the manager and I'm not sure the other person's title. The Manager seemed pretty scattered with her questions/answers. The other person seemed to have more direct information and provided a clear picture of what the job would entail. The whole thing lasted a half hour. It was a long time until I heard that I did not get the job. The whole experience seemed pretty disorganized.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to prioritize working with multiple people who both have a heavy workload?
      Are you able to keep clam during a hectic work environment?
      What is a fun fact about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCC Media (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Almost no preparation involved. Was laid back and didn't believe in formal interview questions. I'd highly recommend. Starting salary is very low! No one likes the first job right?

Political Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCC Media (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through a staffing agency but the process to land an interview was more lengthy compared to just applying to the company directly. Eventually, I did land an interview and the interview was similar to any other entry level career. However, instead of a 1:1 interview, I was interviewed by two associates.

Interview Questions

• What are your past experiences? What do you see yourself doing in the future? This job requires data entry, do you have data entry experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at NCC Media (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied in the fall of 2015 and had a phone interview with one of the directors in New York. It was a straightforward interview with the basic walk me through your resume type questions. I then had an in person with two VPs, and four sales managers a month later. It was essentially a get to know you type interview where they asked me why sales, how my background would fit with the company, etc. The job was then put on hold. I received a call about 2 months later, where I was told that the process was moving forward. I was brought in again for another interview with four account executives. It was a similar type interview as the one with the VPs and sales managers. I was informed that I didn't get the job at the end of a 6 month process because they wanted someone with more experience even though the job is entry level.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?

What about NCC interested you?

What do you like to do in your spare time?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

How do you handles stress?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCC Media (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Came in for an interview and sat down with the team leader and director of of sales operations first for about 30 minutes with scenario type questions. Met with two account executives and they asked more questions. the entire interview went over an hour with a lot of "what woudl you do in this situation" "how do you handle stress" type questions.

Interview Questions

• If two AE's gave you something that had to be finished at 10pm, but there is no way they could both be completed, how would you handle that?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got a phone call then was sent an offer letter which I had to respond to within 24 hours.

Sak Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCC Media (Bethesda, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview process is normal. Initial interview starts on the phone and if company is interested in you as candidate, expect to get a second interview in person. You should receive an offer letter via email and it is negotiable. Once you have accepted and signed the offer, you could possibly start your new employment in less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• The company is a nonpartisan organization. They will ask if you are comfortable working with individuals who may have different points of view from what you believe;   Answer Question

Political Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCC Media (Bethesda, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Very easy going- Laid back. Interested in what you want to do with YOUR career throughout the process. Left with a good feeling. They know that you are looking for a jump start to your career, immediately address that and how they will help you grow.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCC Media (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

I was called first for a preliminary interview over the phone. I was invited for an in-person interview the following week. The interview was 2 on 1 and was very unprofessional. One of the interviewers referenced drinking under her desk multiple times. They generally seemed disinterested in the interview process and did not pay attention during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we promote you? (This was an interview for an entry-level position and I did not work there so it seemed like a strange question to ask)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCC Media (Bethesda, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview lasted an hour, and included the Manager of Political Sales Operations and a Sales Team Leader. They reviewed my credentials, gave me a description of the position, and I was able to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCC Media (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I was asked of simple questions like what i liked the most about my current job and why i want to work for NCC Media. The interviewers all promoted NCC and explained how the culture is very friendly and energetic and there are definitely room for growth. I felt like they were selling NCC to me, so it felt comfortable. I wasn't too certain if I got the job, but I treated it as a great conversation and a good interview experience. However, I received a phone call about a week and half later regarding the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation