NCH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director of Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was HR interviews with both a recruiter and Hr person. Next stage was three phone interviews with key leaders. Final stage was an onsite with a handful of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If I were launching a new product--what would my methodology be for preparing its launch.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NCH in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who first provided me a general questionnaire to fill out. A couple of days later, there was a screening call with the recruiter, where I was asked the same questions that were already filled out in the questionnaire.

A week after that, I had a phone interview setup with the Engineering Manager. The interview was around 30-45 minutes of 'behavioral' and 'prior experience' related questions. I inquired about the next steps and the timeline of this interview process. The engineering manager mentioned that there would either be a Skype call or an onsite visit depending on how busy they were and that would be the final step.

After around 10 days, the recruiter contacted me again saying they had decided to go with a Skype call because the Engineering Director of the company (situated out of Texas) wanted to interview me. The Skype call with the Manager and Director was around 45-60 minutes and it was a repeat of my prior interview with the exact same experience and behavioral questions. At the end of the Skype call, I was told that the next step would be, to have an onsite interview and that they needed a week or two to decide if I would be moving on to the next stage.

I kept following up every week with the recruiter and the manager regarding the next step. After 2 weeks, the recruiter emailed me, saying that I was selected for an on-site interview. I was provided with an interview schedule and a travel itinerary. The interview schedule mentioned that there would be a couple of standard interviews, first with a Manufacturing Manager and then a final interview with the Engineering Manager. That was all the information I was given for the on-site interview, in terms of preparation.

After reaching the on site location, I was informed that there would be a few technical rounds after the interviews. This was something that I was not made aware of in my interview schedule. First, there was a 45-50 minutes interview with the engineering manager, manufacturing manager and an engineer, about my background and experience with a lot of the same questions from the previous interviews. Next, I had a 20-30 minutes technical viva voce with the manager and engineer, focusing on plastics components created by NCH. The round after that featured a 30-40 minutes technical written exam which focused on GD&T, mechanical, thermal, plastics and critical reasoning questions. For the 3rd technical round, I had a 30-40 minutes CAD proficiency exam where I was handed a caliper and a plastic component, and asked to recreate the component in SolidWorks. Although, I was not informed about any of these technical exams, I feel I performed really well given the situation. Lastly, I had a 15 minutes interview with the engineering manager finishing up the process.

Two days later the engineering manager sent me an email saying, they chose someone else for the position as that person had direct experience in the industry. No other reason was given and communication stopped shortly after that.

This was highly frustrating, as I had given multiple interviews, boarded multiple flights in a single day to make it to the onsite interview, gave an exhaustive 3 hour technical interview (which I was not informed about by the recruiter or the manager in the interview schedule) and finally rejected with a weak excuse about direct experience which could've been given at any point after the first few phone interviews.

Although, I'm thankful for the opportunity, the interview process could have been a lot more streamlined and less time consuming. Repeated questions could have been avoided and multiple interviews could have been avoided. It felt that the corporate and local offices were different entities that did not communicate effectively to create an efficient interview process.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on your mechanical engineering fundamentals and practice SolidWorks prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCH in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the position online and two days later a recruiter contacted me and asked some basic questions via email. One week later, she asked me to resend the resume to her. Several days later, she contacted me again and arranged a phone interview with an engineer. The interview mainly focused on past experience and some behavior questions.

Developer Interview

Interview

Basic questions, Interview process has technical and behavioral questions. Please prepare notes from your previous projects to answer properly. You can google these questions and prepare.
    1) Tell me a situation where you had to convince team for design changes
    etc.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Deceptive. Misleading. I inquired about opportunity to grow, opportunities to share ideas and opportunities to be developed however they offered up no real insight/explanations into how NCH ensures those things happen.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call only had some behavior questions. Onsite is not a technical interview, just learn about your resume. And just ask a question about what's root user I remember. The manager only care about your resume whether has the keyword of their job description.

IT= Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in April in Irving, Texas and ended up getting invited to drive down to their office for an interview. The interview was laid back, not as technical as other interviews. It was more of them just asking about certain aspects on your resume, and to explain your talents in more detail. I was asked about what courses I have taken in school so far. They were more just trying to see if you were a good fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about X-Chem?
      Tell me more about SQL (arbitrary, could be any language) on your resume.
      What courses have you taken so far in school?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview had 3 rounds. The first interview was a phone interview with the Recruiting HR and was all behavioral. The second interview was with the Manager over the call and was a mix of HR and Technical. 3rd round was in head quarters and was more technical. All three rounds were easy if you have knowledge of what is mentioned in your resume. Also confidence is the key.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds in total. It took 3 weeks to complete all 3 and receive the offer letter. 1st is basic chit chat with recruiting HR regarding skills and previous work experience. 2nd round was with hiring manager and a mixture of technical and work experience related queries. 3rd is onsite which is again mixture of technical and chit chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you previous work experience   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with middle manager. Face to face within 2 days. Job offer within 2 days. The questions are all very basic and the interview is relaxed. You should dress for success even though the office is business casual. Plan to spend at least 2 hours during the F2F. You will sit with a current rep and listen to live sales calls before talking to Manager.