NCH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.3

Vice President Finance & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I took time off of work to fly to Dallas and interview but I did not get the agenda until the last minute. Most of the interviews seemed normal. An HR director asked some questions which I promptly gave answers to and then she kept telling me that there is no right answer like I needed her assurance even though I answered the questions promptly and with confidence. It was odd.

When I first decided to take the interview I told NCH that I would need a quick response or they should not bother with me because I would want my son to start school at the beginning of the year. When the process stalled I pulled out and then it was a hassle to get reimbursed for my miscellaneous expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to move to Texas. I has already told them I lived there previously and would welcome an opportunity to return.   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

Telephone interviews, standard background and review of skills, discussion about position.
    HR (in 2004) was not really involved in recruiting, thank God! This made for a great interview experience directly with the team I ended working with for the next lost decade. Instantly both sides could see the fit was good and the excitement was there.

Interview Questions

• Who do you never want to work with again in the oracle industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate both salary, bonus and I totally regret not negotiating for more paid time off.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NCH in April 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone screening, I was offered a chance to interview in-person with the hiring manager. Here is why I chose not to:

1) The recruiter was incredibly evasive about base salary, and would not even provide a general salary range. Most legitimate sales positions will gladly provide a general base salary range in order to create interest with a candidate. The recruiter only stated that the hiring manager makes that decision. After being a hiring manager myself, I am sure that the hiring manager plays a part in that decision, but the fact that an HR rep that is actually recruiting for a position doesn't know the general salary range is most likely NOT true at all.

2) When I asked about how car mileage & expenses are reimbursed, I again got a foggy answer, and was told that "varied" by market". Again, I am sure that their is at least a general monthly range that is budgeted for this, and a policy that establishes what types of expenses are covered. Why would anyone be so evasive? Probably, because they are intentionally trying to be deceptive, and avoid having to address an area of compensation that they know is very poor compared to other similar sales jobs.

3) I Googled the hiring manager, and he has one of the most unprofessional & offensive Twitter accounts I have ever seen for ANYONE. It was full of vulgar posts consisting of sexually explicit jokes, and derogatory comments towards women, along with occasional racial/ethnic references. Totally unacceptable for anyone who interacts with the public on behalf of a business, but especially for a manager who is charged with leading others within the organization.

My final thoughts are that if NCH treats prospective employees this way when they are trying to recruit them, how dishonestly do they treat their actual employees? Also, the caliber of their management team definitely seems suspect, at best. I couldn't imagine that such an unprofessional organization is a place to reasonably plan the next step of my career. My gut response to all of these indicators is: "Buyer Beware".

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NCH.

Interview

Meet with a Recruiter that sells you on the job, then 2nd interview you meet with prospective manager. They tell you that it is easy to make $100k + in the 1st year, but pay you $1,000 Salary per Month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set initial pay scale that you can never reach the higher tier.

Sales Representative - Certified Labs Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCH (Atlanta, GA) in August 2012.

Interview

Quick and decisive. Started with an app online, then phone interview, field ride, phone interview and face to face in Irving, TX. Started at the end of the month where they sent me to training.

Negotiation

You get what they offer

Account Representative/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the sales manager within a few days. The interview consisted of a brief phone and scheduled for a face to face. I did the in person interview w/manager did some shadowing to see if this is what I wanted to do. It was something i saw myself being able to do and felt like I'd fit right in.

Interview Questions

Pay was too low I haven't worked for such a low pay in about a decade. Commissions is involved but still didn't seem worth it.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

2 person psyche/technical interview. Mostly psyche questions and very little technical. 1 phone and 1 face to face interview with manager and director of infrastructure. Nothing more to say about a company I would not work for ever again, for many reasons not specified here!!

Interview Questions

• Grace under oressure moment?   1 Answer

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Deceptive. Misleading. I inquired about opportunity to grow, opportunities to share ideas and opportunities to be developed however they offered up no real insight/explanations into how NCH ensures those things happen.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle GOSSIP?!   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call only had some behavior questions. Onsite is not a technical interview, just learn about your resume. And just ask a question about what's root user I remember. The manager only care about your resume whether has the keyword of their job description.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCH (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Met with two guys in headquarter building. We had a nice chat for an hour. We talked about my former positions, about success, and accomplishement. They also asked the salary requirements.Next day I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the things in your life you are proud of?   1 Answer