NCH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.2

Vice President Finance & Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I took time off of work to fly to Dallas and interview but I did not get the agenda until the last minute. Most of the interviews seemed normal. An HR director asked some questions which I promptly gave answers to and then she kept telling me that there is no right answer like I needed her assurance even though I answered the questions promptly and with confidence. It was odd.

When I first decided to take the interview I told NCH that I would need a quick response or they should not bother with me because I would want my son to start school at the beginning of the year. When the process stalled I pulled out and then it was a hassle to get reimbursed for my miscellaneous expenses.

Interview Questions

• Why would I want to move to Texas. I has already told them I lived there previously and would welcome an opportunity to return.   Answer Question

Senior Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Efficient hiring process - got a call to schedule an HR interview within a couple of days of applying online. Had a positive HR interview, but did not receive offer because I wasn't from the CPG industry. Seems like the company has a good culture (Danco Inc., subsidiary of NCH), and might have been a great place to work for, had I been the right fit. Gracious HR manager, and very helpful, even took the time to give me feedback once I called after receiving the note that they were going with someone else.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone interview and a face-to-face interview with the supervisor that is over the internship. The interviewer mostly talked, and he didn't ask many questions. He talked about the position without trying to figure out if I fit the needs of the organization. I felt like the position was pretty basic, but he talked at length about it.

Supply Chain Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at NCH.

Interview

I applied for the position and was called back the next day to set up a phone screen interview with the recruiter. After another phone interview with a business manager, I had 5 on-site interviews, which I thought all went very well. Up until then, it was a very quick and efficient process. After the on-site interviews, however, the recruiter would not answer any email inquiries into the status of the position. Five weeks later I finally heard from the company through a standard rejection email. I do wish the recruiter had been more helpful post-interview. Five weeks is a long time to wait when you're not currently employed.

Interview Questions

• One manager asked questions about the logic used in making decisions - i.e. Why did you choose that university? Why that major? Why that first job?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Indeed. Got a call from HR after a month or so. Had good HR interview then scheduled onsite interview with 3 interviewers. Total duration of onsite interview was 3 hours. But the saddest part is I did not get any response after that. Many times I called up for follow up but no one answered my calls even sent an email to HR but no response. This is not expected from a such big company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this field?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCH in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the position online and two days later a recruiter contacted me and asked some basic questions via email. One week later, she asked me to resend the resume to her. Several days later, she contacted me again and arranged a phone interview with an engineer. The interview mainly focused on past experience and some behavior questions.

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

To make a quality decision it is necessary to get as much quality data as possible. View your list of questions as the starting point. Each question should generate many probing questions. The purpose of your probing questions is to get more and better information.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
NCH Vice President Finance & Strategy Interview Dallas, TX Why would I want to move to Texas. I has already told them I lived there previously and would welcome an opportunity to return.
NCH Supply Chain Intern Interview Dallas, TX What experience do you have with MRP?
NCH Supply Chain Position Interview One manager asked questions about the logic used in making decisions - i.e. Why did you choose that university? Why that major? Why that first job?
NCH Intern Interview Dallas, TX Why did you choose this field?
NCH Product Design Engineer Interview What is the important capability as an engineer?
NCH IT Business Analyst Interview Irving, TX What are your passions?