NCH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2017

2.3

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCH (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very unstructured interview process. that was informal. Invited to an interview and travelled over 60 miles to attend. All went well but never heard back from the sales manager to say either way, so assume it was not successful. When someone goes out of their way to travel to an interview, take a day off, then it is common courtesy to get a response by either phone, email or letter. It is basic manners and speaks volumes of the ethos and culture of this company. Found this to be most unprofessional.

Director of Ecommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

First round was HR interviews with both a recruiter and Hr person. Next stage was three phone interviews with key leaders. Final stage was an onsite with a handful of interviews.

Interview Questions

• If I were launching a new product--what would my methodology be for preparing its launch.   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at NCH in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn who first provided me a general questionnaire to fill out. A couple of days later, there was a screening call with the recruiter, where I was asked the same questions that were already filled out in the questionnaire.

A week after that, I had a phone interview setup with the Engineering Manager. The interview was around 30-45 minutes of 'behavioral' and 'prior experience' related questions. I inquired about the next steps and the timeline of this interview process. The engineering manager mentioned that there would either be a Skype call or an onsite visit depending on how busy they were and that would be the final step.

After around 10 days, the recruiter contacted me again saying they had decided to go with a Skype call because the Engineering Director of the company (situated out of Texas) wanted to interview me. The Skype call with the Manager and Director was around 45-60 minutes and it was a repeat of my prior interview with the exact same experience and behavioral questions. At the end of the Skype call, I was told that the next step would be, to have an onsite interview and that they needed a week or two to decide if I would be moving on to the next stage.

I kept following up every week with the recruiter and the manager regarding the next step. After 2 weeks, the recruiter emailed me, saying that I was selected for an on-site interview. I was provided with an interview schedule and a travel itinerary. The interview schedule mentioned that there would be a couple of standard interviews, first with a Manufacturing Manager and then a final interview with the Engineering Manager. That was all the information I was given for the on-site interview, in terms of preparation.

After reaching the on site location, I was informed that there would be a few technical rounds after the interviews. This was something that I was not made aware of in my interview schedule. First, there was a 45-50 minutes interview with the engineering manager, manufacturing manager and an engineer, about my background and experience with a lot of the same questions from the previous interviews. Next, I had a 20-30 minutes technical viva voce with the manager and engineer, focusing on plastics components created by NCH. The round after that featured a 30-40 minutes technical written exam which focused on GD&T, mechanical, thermal, plastics and critical reasoning questions. For the 3rd technical round, I had a 30-40 minutes CAD proficiency exam where I was handed a caliper and a plastic component, and asked to recreate the component in SolidWorks. Although, I was not informed about any of these technical exams, I feel I performed really well given the situation. Lastly, I had a 15 minutes interview with the engineering manager finishing up the process.

Two days later the engineering manager sent me an email saying, they chose someone else for the position as that person had direct experience in the industry. No other reason was given and communication stopped shortly after that.

This was highly frustrating, as I had given multiple interviews, boarded multiple flights in a single day to make it to the onsite interview, gave an exhaustive 3 hour technical interview (which I was not informed about by the recruiter or the manager in the interview schedule) and finally rejected with a weak excuse about direct experience which could've been given at any point after the first few phone interviews.

Although, I'm thankful for the opportunity, the interview process could have been a lot more streamlined and less time consuming. Repeated questions could have been avoided and multiple interviews could have been avoided. It felt that the corporate and local offices were different entities that did not communicate effectively to create an efficient interview process.

Interview Questions

• Brush up on your mechanical engineering fundamentals and practice SolidWorks prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds in total. It took 3 weeks to complete all 3 and receive the offer letter. 1st is basic chit chat with recruiting HR regarding skills and previous work experience. 2nd round was with hiring manager and a mixture of technical and work experience related queries. 3rd is onsite which is again mixture of technical and chit chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you previous work experience   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCH (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Met with two guys in headquarter building. We had a nice chat for an hour. We talked about my former positions, about success, and accomplishement. They also asked the salary requirements.Next day I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was the things in your life you are proud of?   1 Answer

Product Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCH in November 2016.

Interview

I applied the position online and two days later a recruiter contacted me and asked some basic questions via email. One week later, she asked me to resend the resume to her. Several days later, she contacted me again and arranged a phone interview with an engineer. The interview mainly focused on past experience and some behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the important capability as an engineer?   1 Answer

Telephone Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Apply on line. Call back within a week. 2 hour F2F with mid manager. Nice enough people. No waiting or games. The manager I spoke with was on time but you could tell she knows very little about the products and industry that they are hiring for. Talked about 100 calls a day. Indicated that was a mandatory KPI. Why?

Interview Questions

• Are you okay making 100 calls a day?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Interview

Basic questions, Interview process has technical and behavioral questions. Please prepare notes from your previous projects to answer properly. You can google these questions and prepare.
    1) Tell me a situation where you had to convince team for design changes
    etc.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call only had some behavior questions. Onsite is not a technical interview, just learn about your resume. And just ask a question about what's root user I remember. The manager only care about your resume whether has the keyword of their job description.

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Deceptive. Misleading. I inquired about opportunity to grow, opportunities to share ideas and opportunities to be developed however they offered up no real insight/explanations into how NCH ensures those things happen.