NCH Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

2.0

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Deceptive. Misleading. I inquired about opportunity to grow, opportunities to share ideas and opportunities to be developed however they offered up no real insight/explanations into how NCH ensures those things happen.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call only had some behavior questions. Onsite is not a technical interview, just learn about your resume. And just ask a question about what's root user I remember. The manager only care about your resume whether has the keyword of their job description.

IT= Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in April in Irving, Texas and ended up getting invited to drive down to their office for an interview. The interview was laid back, not as technical as other interviews. It was more of them just asking about certain aspects on your resume, and to explain your talents in more detail. I was asked about what courses I have taken in school so far. They were more just trying to see if you were a good fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about X-Chem?
      Tell me more about SQL (arbitrary, could be any language) on your resume.
      What courses have you taken so far in school?   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview had 3 rounds. The first interview was a phone interview with the Recruiting HR and was all behavioral. The second interview was with the Manager over the call and was a mix of HR and Technical. 3rd round was in head quarters and was more technical. All three rounds were easy if you have knowledge of what is mentioned in your resume. Also confidence is the key.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you failed and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

3 rounds in total. It took 3 weeks to complete all 3 and receive the offer letter. 1st is basic chit chat with recruiting HR regarding skills and previous work experience. 2nd round was with hiring manager and a mixture of technical and work experience related queries. 3rd is onsite which is again mixture of technical and chit chat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you previous work experience   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with middle manager. Face to face within 2 days. Job offer within 2 days. The questions are all very basic and the interview is relaxed. You should dress for success even though the office is business casual. Plan to spend at least 2 hours during the F2F. You will sit with a current rep and listen to live sales calls before talking to Manager.

Account Representative/Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the sales manager within a few days. The interview consisted of a brief phone and scheduled for a face to face. I did the in person interview w/manager did some shadowing to see if this is what I wanted to do. It was something i saw myself being able to do and felt like I'd fit right in.

Interview Questions

Pay was too low I haven't worked for such a low pay in about a decade. Commissions is involved but still didn't seem worth it.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

There was a phone interview than an in-person on site at Irving. It was basic questions. The first was a screening interview then followed by an in person conducted by the hiring manager/the person I would be working for. You need to know about each department to understand what they do, not just NCH

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX).

Interview

I replied to a posting on Indeed.com, and a recruiter called me a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very standard and went well. After the phone interview, I was invited to an in-person interview with a director.

I over prepared for this part of the process, because it was very casual - I had the feeling the director was trying to get more of a take on my personality and work style, since my resume showed I had the chops for the position itself. After the in-person interview, I was told that everything was great, he thought I'd be a good addition to the team, and that I'd hear from them in a few days.

Well, I did hear from them, but the news was not good. My position got put on hold for a few months! I was told that they would contact me in the new year (This was in September). I really didn't expect to hear anything again from NCH, but sure enough, in February of the next year I was contacted by the recruiter and invited to come in to meet with the president.

This interview was also casual, I spoke the president 20 minutes and he offered me the position. I didn't need to negotiate salary because what they offered was more than was listed in the original job posting, and more than I expected in the first place. They do background check and drug test before you start.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary offered was a few thousand more than I expected, so no need to negotiate.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCH (Irving, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

2 person psyche/technical interview. Mostly psyche questions and very little technical. 1 phone and 1 face to face interview with manager and director of infrastructure. Nothing more to say about a company I would not work for ever again, for many reasons not specified here!!

Interview Questions

• Grace under oressure moment?   1 Answer