NCO Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCO Financial Interview Questions

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial in September 2014.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter.Interview took about 5minutes waiting for back ground check. Still awaiting call back to see if I will be hired. The interviewer was kind and brief. Was told the interview would be an hour long but it was barely 10minutes.

Interview Questions

• What company rules at your last job didn't you agree with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Rockford, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

This is part 1 of 2 part process - The telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes - interviewed by phone by Recruiter -
    Consisted of two parts Work History Review and Customer Service Situational/Behavioral based questions.
    The Recruiter was professional in his questioning methods and made an effort to actively listen. Seemed to be somewhat perceptive without judgement. Invited into office for group interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you do in the position that relates to the job for which you are applying and why did you leave?   1 Answer
    • If you owned the company what would you expect for attendance from your employees. How many days off would you allow in a 90 day period before you would become concerned?   1 Answer
    • What three words would your manager, co-worker, use to describe you? Two questions. First your manager is asked then your co-worker.   1 Answer
    • What are the most important skills for a customer service representative?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Greensboro, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Questions

• name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   1 Answer

Collections Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Management seemed to pass me on from one manager to the next. Seemed like no one there wanted to make a decision. Very unorganized. Corporate but all of the hiring managers were not able to give me any definitive answers on any of my questions. Seemed odd to me.

Vice President Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interviews were as expected. First interviews were with Human Resources to qualify me for the opportunity. I then met with several people across the operations who were impressive. They were impressive and knowledgable about the business. I also thought they were very convincing about what the company expects of its management team. This is a company who drives its people very hard.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave you last position?   2 Answers

Collector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview

After I applied online, the human resources called me asking a few questions about my application, stated that i needed to make sure i can work weekends and holidays and to fix it. Called me back for an interview at 930 am, i showed up 20 minutes earlier, she gave me a basic interview asking about my previous jobs, also stated that all my references needed to be from my jobs related to collecting, told me shed get me a second interview with a manager, he asked me my experience as well, told me the pay rate i was asking for $20 was too high and no one there gets paid that high, said he would talk to his boss and contact me but otherwise i got the job. The next day i got an email saying someone else got the position.

CSR-Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial.

Interview

Submitted resume and application online on their Careers Website. Received a phone call within a day to verify submitted information and to schedule a phone interview for the following morning with a specific recruiter. Phone interview was scheduled to occur at any point within a 1-hour window. Phone interview focused on current and former employment, verification of reference information, and a few typical interview questions about previous customer service experience. Provided information about the 14-week training program and being available for any shift between 6AM - Midnight. Scheduled in-person interview for the next afternoon at their office.

In-person interview consisted of a one-on-one meeting with an HR professional. Asked questions about skills, experience and availability for shifts and 14-week training with no absences. Training to occur Mon-Fri 6:30AM - 3:00PM. Then was given a short typing test, and a short test written covering basic windows functions. Was asked to read aloud a couple of paragraphs - be sure to enunciate and put some expression in your voice. Then was asked to perform basic Word functions of copying, pasting, printing, saving the file and closing Word. Then reviewed the job description, making some changes such as inbound calls only, and a discussion of possible training start dates (2 dates offered), Then asked to wait for Security to conduct fingerprinting and then sent with form to take a drug screening within 24 hours of the interview end time (exact time noted on the form for the testing lab).
    Informed that I would hear within a week, after completion of pre-employment reference verifications and background checks. Signed several release forms for this process. Interview and fingerprinting took about 1.5 hours, and I immediately went to the lab for the drug screening which took less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult but most unexpected was the reading aloud exercise. Not difficult though.   Answer Question