NCO Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.0

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Baltimore, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Was easy one phone interview and then one in person interview. I knew the person from another job so I am sure that played a part in me being hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy ...I got what I asked for.

Default Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Dublin, OH) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back and easy.Easy questions. Took about fifteen minutes. I felt good about the interview process. The interviewer did most of the talking. The question was very simple and easy to follow.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation process.

Debt Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Getzville, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Didn't ask anything. Showed the office. Told me to come for training and that's it. Told me to read FDCPA. I got training for a few days and that was it. I would recommend this to anyone that does cocaine on the regular, you will fit right in

Remote Support Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Joplin, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

They really dig into what makes you tick, how you think, and your problem-solving capabilities. They ask the garden variety questions about previous jobs and your opinion of them. They also offer hypothetical situations and ask how you would handle it, or how you handled situations in the past. They wanted to know why I wanted to work for them and why I thought I was a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you resolved a customer complaint.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Rockford, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

This is part 1 of 2 part process - The telephone interview lasted about 30 minutes - interviewed by phone by Recruiter -
    Consisted of two parts Work History Review and Customer Service Situational/Behavioral based questions.
    The Recruiter was professional in his questioning methods and made an effort to actively listen. Seemed to be somewhat perceptive without judgement. Invited into office for group interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you do in the position that relates to the job for which you are applying and why did you leave?   1 Answer
    • If you owned the company what would you expect for attendance from your employees. How many days off would you allow in a 90 day period before you would become concerned?   1 Answer
    • What three words would your manager, co-worker, use to describe you? Two questions. First your manager is asked then your co-worker.   1 Answer
    • What are the most important skills for a customer service representative?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your customer?   1 Answer

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Dublin, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

Awfull company

MobileMe Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Charlotte, NC) in November 2010.

Interview

You fill out the app, they call and invite you to take the competency test, if you pass the test you get a face to face interview, then if the interviewer likes you you'll get a second interview which is an offer and you'll be given the training start date.

Interview Questions

• The test may be hard to some who aren't tech waay about apple products and services!   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiating salary so don't bother. Only thing I would bring up is availability up front!

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Columbus, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

The one thing that annoyed me is that I didn't apply for this position, a recruiter found my resume on monster.com and called me and insisted I create a profile and do an application on their website even though everything that the application asked of me was answered on my resume. I was happy when they accommodated me because of childcare issues and allowed me a better shift than they typically offer to new hires. They said they did this for me because they were really impressed with my resume. I was hired on the spot contingent on my passing a drug test and background check..

Interview Questions

• "You're overqualified for this position and the pay is less than you're used to. Why would you want this position?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The starting wage is non negotiable. It is considered an entry level position

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Getzville, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Basic structured interview nothing unexpected

Interview Questions

• They do need to speak with a manager from your last employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

None offered be base pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCO Financial (Greensboro, NC) in April 2010.

Interview

after filling out the application, i waited a few weeks for a call back or an email response. after no response, i went by the location to check the status. they then told me i need to take the assessment, which was a skills and personality test. i passed that and was scheduled an interview. interview went fairly in my opinion. what i believe that hindered me from getting the job was the recruiter had a hard time contacting my former employer for a work reference. she tried for a little over a week

Interview Questions

• name a time where you had to perform customer service and what was the outcome   1 Answer