NCR Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA | Glassdoor

NCR Interview Questions in Alpharetta, GA

2.8

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

We started with a 140-question (!!!) technical screening, which took all of five minutes. Then the boss briefly outlined the system architecture and growth strategy, asked me some career and personal questions, and answered mine. In the follow-up interview, I met two additional team members who asked more in-depth questions to evaluate my knowledge, experience, motivation, and personality.

After a verbal offer, there was a drug screen, a background check, an offer email, and some HR formalities that were mostly conducted online before my start date.

I was most impressed with the technical screening -- there were a few questions I couldn't answer right away, but the process was very quick, and nobody could have "faked it" in the time allotted.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a developer who does some system administration, or a sysadmin who does some development?   1 Answer

Channel Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. HR call me for a phone screening about a week later. Then a week after that I had in person interview with hiring manager. 2 days later I received a written offer. The process was really smooth compared to other places I had interviewed. I was impressed by it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your old company? What working style do you have? Experience in channel, etc   Answer Question

Inside Sales Specialist (Hospitality) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was straightforward. All three of the interviewers that I sat with were honest and fair with their questions. The only snag was a potentially lengthy HR process and communication breakdown related to that. Otherwise the process was informative, pleasant, and painless.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Minimal interview with few detailed questions. Manager was congenial but not hands on. Interview was held on the phone only with rapid start date. Staffing agency referred me to job listed on web. Telephone interview was scheduled and conducted .

Interview Questions

• Years experience with software package.
      Type of experience with Project management
      Avaliablility
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was pretty easy I thought, you just have to know your stuff and be prepared for all the questions they ask you. Make sure you research the company thoroughly beforehand and know the requirements of the job before going into it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a standard kinda thing for a traditional company: you stay in one meeting room and many potential bosses (direct manager, team manager, division president...) interview you one after the other. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the office. It felt less stressful than others of this kind.

Interview Questions

• Write how you would code a program on the blackboard.   1 Answer

Legal Administrator/Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online. About a week later I received an email which asked me to answer about 9-10 questions for further consideration. About a few days later I was invited to schedule an on site interview for about 1.5 hours which consisted on three back to back interviews withe three people including the hiring manager. The interviews were very laid back and the interviewers were very kind and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Standard situational questions related to tasks and issues you may encounter in the position.   Answer Question

Costumer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Everyone was friendly and personable.it was a three interview process ( 2 supervisors and the director). The director was laid back but yet straight forward with his expectations and telling you how he felt about you

Interview Questions

• How many Bluetooth can u connect to a Device   1 Answer

Negotiation

I needed time off following my start date and they approve

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job and got an interview call directly. They were looking for entry level QA job. They setup interview date. Interview was done very quickly and it lasted for 2 hours.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

Relatively quick process. Was contacted by an external headhunter about the opportunity for the NCR Aloha Hosted Solutions Regional Sales Manager (RSM) Position. Had multiple initial discussions/interviews over the phone with the recruiter at first, and I was hesitant about pursuing the opportunity (seemed a bit too good to be true). The guy just kept re-iterating the high income potential (which is usually a red flag for scams or bad sales jobs), and wouldn't tell me the name of the company. After further discussion, the guy gave me the name of the company and details on the position, and I did some homework on my own before deciding to move forward. I had to complete an application on NCR's website for the position, that was hidden and required a special password and account. Several days later I had a brief 15 minute interview with the executive from NCR about my work experience and why I was interested in the position. At the conclusion of the phone interview, the guy said that the recruiter would follow up with me in a few days if they wanted to move forward. The recruiter called me 10 minutes later and said that they were very interested, and wanted to schedule an in-person interview at their office in Atlanta the following week. The recruiter then sent me a bunch of their product literature that this position would be in charge of, and asked me to study and review it. He called me again the night before the interview to quiz me and further prepare me for the interview.

The in person interview went well IMO. I met with the same guy that I spoke with on the phone, and he was the national sales director. I also met with another RSM that was being promoted to Territory Manager that would end up being my boss if I got the position. Lots of very specific questions, requiring detailed info on the product portfolio. Also did a good bit of role play. Mostly, they were just trying to get a feel for my selling style and my personality to see if I would be a good fit with their team and for the position. They discussed the compensation and benefits package at great length, and showed me their internal reporting spreadsheets that they use to calculate payroll and showed me the actual compensation numbers of their existing RSMs. We also talked at length about my current job, and how they would be flexible in allowing me to make the transition if I got an offer. They said they wanted to have the position filled with me in the field within 6 weeks, and I told them I needed about 3 to leave my current job. The whole interview took about 90 minutes and afterwards I was walked out and the director told me he would follow up with me via the headhunter, and said that he had 2 other candidates he still had to interview that day. They reimbursed me for my expenses for the interview 2 months later(travel - mileage & gas, meals, hotel).

Interview Questions

• They had me do a role play where the director said "I'm the owner of a chain of 6 family owned restaurants in a single state, I don't know anything about your products or company and you've just walked in to meet me for an appointment that was pre-arranged by a local distributor. Here are the prices for the products - go."   1 Answer
    • "What specifically would you do in preparation for an appointment with a prospect?"   1 Answer
    • "Why are you interested in this position, and why should we hire you"   Answer Question
    • "What are your goals?"   1 Answer