NCR Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Before the phone interview an online Code challenge is given. The challenge is easy including several multiple choices questions and extremely basic coding problems. After that a face-to-face interview is given. And that interview is also about coding, the problems are more difficult than the online challenge. And several follow up questions are asked after finishing the questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this position on Feb university recruiting, and received OA within a week. After that I got an interview. But I waited result feedback for nearly one month. After that, a recruiter told me this position has filled!!!!

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions and 1 brain storm.
      Normal behavior questions
      Answer Question

Software Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply on the career fair and got the online assessment afterwards. I was scheduled for an on campus interview but it was cancelled because of the changes in positions as stated by the HR two days before the interview date. The recruiter told me they would contact me afterwards, but there are not any responses.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was responsive, helpful, gave feedback, and down to earth during the process. Phone screening was just them getting to know me, my career, and my interest in the position. A few phone interviews were scheduled, which ranged from easy going to blunt & somewhat aggressive follow up questions. Shortly thereafter, multiple in-person one-on-one interviews were scheduled with mostly management there, but not the hiring manager for this specific position. The number of scenarios I had to respond to or examples from my prior experience increased as the process progressed. No writing samples, presentations, or other such direct aptitude testing was required. Answers to some of my more important questions beyond the phone screening & job duties were not answered clearly. Most interviewers gave me at least some helpful feedback during the process. The interviews and employment experiences can vary greatly by department or even by team.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager was pretty cool and he asked relevant technical questions. I was sure I will go to the next round. Their interview brochure says that the feedback will be provided in 3-5 days and HR will always stay in contact. Unfortunately, this wasn't true. After 2 weeks I was invited for a Skype interview. Before 30 mins of the interview the HR called me and told that the interview will be on the phone only. 4 people were there and I had 30 mins to talk to everyone. Those people were good. Very friendly. We had a great conversation. Though I did not receive an offer, my experience was very good and that gave me confidence. Again, I was expecting that anyone from HR department will contact to convey a reject but it was conveyed via automatic email. Next day I contacted the HR to understand my exact status. She responded promptly and thanked me for my time.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

3 managers. Technical, Personality, Roles and Responsibilities were the roles that they played to get an overall understanding of me. The process took about 3 hours but non of the questions were unexpected.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very process oriented. Not very engaging at all. So I talked 75% of the alloyed time. Tecruiter got very squirrelly once he realized that I had made x previously. Why do they brIngrid up money before establishing fit? Rude

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. See my note above about engagement. I sense they already had someone in mind and I was just a check in the box   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

One on the phone interview to discuss my resume, projects, and other basic behavorial questions. Also asked about my experience with certain coding languages, and informed me of the role I would be filling, as well as the department in which I was applying for

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews--was referred by an existing employee. Very informal process. Interviewed with 3 people overall. All over the place questions--not structured at all--was more interested in "culture" fit than skills. Was offered the job on the spot by senior executive during final interview.

Within Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial conversation with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, along with a finance team member in Europe. Subsequent to the phone interviews, I was invited down for an in-person interview process. I was then led to believe it might be a week or two prior to a decision being made.
    During the ensuing period of time, I had an oppty to interview with another company in the metro Atlanta area, and held off on acceptance to ascertain if NCR would come forward with an offer.
    I sent an email to the recruiter, called me back immediately, asked me to defer a decision until the following day, and he would get back to me in no more than 24 hours. It's now been three days, so I accepted the competing position.

Interview Questions

• Easy going interview process, some behavioral based questions, however, fairly straight forward.   Answer Question