NCR Interview Questions in Duluth, GA | Glassdoor

2.7

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Originally applied for a different position but it turned out not to be a fit for me, and the recruiter referred me to an IT Analyst position. I did two rounds of interviews. One phone call with the hiring manager and another member on the team. The second round with the senior IT Director, IT Director, and a member of the team. Got a call from the hiring manager a few days later asking some questions. Then the recruiter contacted me, saying I got the job and they're working on an offer. After 2-3 weeks of nothing I finally managed to get into contact with the recruiter. It turns out, there was a miscommunication with the hiring manager and his boss about the start date and the department's budget. So they ended up retracting the offer. I really wished they would've told me this earlier because I rejected another offer from a different company to take NCR's offer, as NCR was my ideal company to work at. It took almost a month for NCR to tell me this. This was very unprofessional of NCR. What kind of company makes a mistake like that? And worse of all, the recruiter felt bad about everything so she said she would help me find another position and get back to me in 1 week. It's been over a month and nothing. She won't reply to the 3-4 email that I've sent during the one month I was waiting or return my two phone calls. If the recruiter had no intentions of honoring her words, she should've never said it from the start. I've had two cases of NCR recruiters not honoring their words. I guess this says a lot about the company. This might be an isolated case, as others haven't encountered any problems with interviewing with NCR.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was responsive, helpful, gave feedback, and down to earth during the process. Phone screening was just them getting to know me, my career, and my interest in the position. A few phone interviews were scheduled, which ranged from easy going to blunt & somewhat aggressive follow up questions. Shortly thereafter, multiple in-person one-on-one interviews were scheduled with mostly management there, but not the hiring manager for this specific position. The number of scenarios I had to respond to or examples from my prior experience increased as the process progressed. No writing samples, presentations, or other such direct aptitude testing was required. Answers to some of my more important questions beyond the phone screening & job duties were not answered clearly. Most interviewers gave me at least some helpful feedback during the process. The interviews and employment experiences can vary greatly by department or even by team.

Within Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial conversation with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, along with a finance team member in Europe. Subsequent to the phone interviews, I was invited down for an in-person interview process. I was then led to believe it might be a week or two prior to a decision being made.
    During the ensuing period of time, I had an oppty to interview with another company in the metro Atlanta area, and held off on acceptance to ascertain if NCR would come forward with an offer.
    I sent an email to the recruiter, called me back immediately, asked me to defer a decision until the following day, and he would get back to me in no more than 24 hours. It's now been three days, so I accepted the competing position.

Interview Questions

• Easy going interview process, some behavioral based questions, however, fairly straight forward.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on line and I was contacted by a recruiter in 10 days. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions were straightforward, I then had an onsite interview with the manager, VP and 2 team mates about 4 days later. I received an offer a week later.

Entry Level Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about two weeks later where they asked questions about my resume and why I chose to apply for a position with NCR. Then I had a phone interview with the hiring manager where he asked more resume questions and some behavioral. Then I came in for an in-office interview where I had a three person panel interview where they explained the position and asked about my project experience

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you analyzed data to reach a conclusion.   Answer Question

Client Computing Mac Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with some technical questions. Questions were pretty standard. Interview took about 40 minutes. Talked with the guy about random stuff after. The process was pretty fast, didn't even have to go in for a formal interview!

Interview Questions

• How do you get to the preference files on mac?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Partner Support Interview

Application

Interview

A recruiter contacted me first to schedule a phone screen with the hiring manager. After the phone screen was conducted I was brought in to interview with the team that was hiring. I met with each member of the team individually for 30 minutes. Each team member described the job and asked questions that were provided to them by HR. They also asked questions about my education and work experience based on my resume.

Software Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via HR about a job interview, a quick phone interview was scheduled. A week or so later I went in for a personal interview and a short technical interview. About two to three weeks later I got a call saying I got the job, with the details on employment and benefits if I wanted to accept.

Interview Questions

• What would you see during a host/client interaction, how can you tell how much memory a program is using, how do you read windows event logs, etc   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

There ended up being three different interviews, one with my (future) manager, one with the department head, and one in person interview that had four separate interviews within it- two were with people I would be supporting, one with fellow co-workers, and another one with my future manager. The only one that had multiple people involved was the one with fellow co-workers. They asked questions about the job a lot, so make sure you know what you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Basic Interviewing Questions- what attracts you to this position, why would you be a good fit, etc   1 Answer
    • Excel Questions such as do you know what a vlookup is? What software have you used in the past? What is your experience with Excel and all of Microsoft Suite   1 Answer

SWE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview, then a on site. Interviewers were nice and older gentlemen who did not know much about software engineer or programming. Interviews were mostly behavioral. Was told later that the managers picked if you were in or not afterwards in a big committee. 90% of the interns who were at the on-site were accepted. Overall experience was average.