NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

2.7

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

First phone screen: about 30 to 45 minutes in length.

After a round of selection of candidates which takes about 2 to 3 weeks, the selected candidates are called for an in depth face to face interview.

During the face 2 face, the candidate gets interviewed by 5 people including the enterprise architect, the manager, 2 or 3 senior developers and engineers.

The F2F interview lasted about 2 hours and 15 minutes. It usually lasts about 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Write the algorithm to calculate the intersection of 2 points   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very disorganized. There didn't seem to be a standard process in place or individuals who conducted interviews. The people who were part of the interview were very amiable. The really wansn't a technical part to the interview. The interview seemed more about whether I would get along and fit the culture than if I had the technical know how to solve the problems necessary to move their products forward.

Interview Questions

• Alk questions asked were standard behavioral questions such as whether I had been disciplined at previous jobs or what was a successful project I had worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details.
    The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement.
    Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android.
    At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

They called me very quickly, and were able to setup an interview within one day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is very efficient. Interview process took up to three times.

Interview Questions

• What can you do for NCR? And what can NCR can do for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Recruiter. A few weeks later with the manager which was positive. Then an hour phone interview with a Senior developer which went well. Was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Data model of my current company. Linq queries in C#. SQL Server. Some C# features like Anonymous functions, extension methods etc. Classes inheritance.

Also asked if I had kids, where I lived and how old my kids were by a so called QA manager which I realized later was illegal. Until that point my interview was going fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

Coding test, with a set of interviews with 3 people. Each person seemed to focus on something different (personality, technical, aptitude). The coding test was pretty thorough and covered a lot of core concepts in almost all modern platforms.

Interview Questions

• To tell the interviewer the value of a binary number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

HR Call for the first triage and background questions, after that, a technical phone interview with a software architect. Once you are approved by the architect, the HR will contact you again to schedule the last interview with position manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical phone had some questions regarding WebServices/Rest API, encryption, how to secure API calls, what is angular, what is MVC, how does MVC work and so on. The interview is not hard.
      The interview with manager is more dynamic. There was the manager and another developer, asking few questions similar to the first phone interview. I   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a standard kinda thing for a traditional company: you stay in one meeting room and many potential bosses (direct manager, team manager, division president...) interview you one after the other. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the office. It felt less stressful than others of this kind.

Interview Questions

• Write how you would code a program on the blackboard.   1 Answer