NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.7

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Got a call, but no follow up. Being postive and looking forward to get a interview call from the company and if everything works well working in the company near future.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Phone call with hiring manager and technical expert. Sort of basic reviewing resume and answering a coup,e of technical questions. Then an on site interview with technical expert, hiring manager and director. Total time onsite was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Asked to provide a simple code example from past experience or interests.   1 Answer

IT Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2018.

Interview

Submitted resume online for job posting and was contacted by a foreign recruiter to schedule a 30 min phone interview. Described my resume and also spoke about why I was interested in working for NCR. Two days later, I was contacted to conduct a formal interview with the hiring manager. Another two days later I joined the conference call and the hiring manger was 10 mins late and out of breath and apologized to inform me he was on back to back meetings. He immediately asked me a generic question as to why I was interested in the position and was peeked my interest. Still breathing heavily, he cut me off and then apologized because he said he hadn't reviewed my resume and was sorry but nothing really stood out after a quick glance for the position I had applied for. He then asked me if I had experience with a particular technology and if I understood the basic concepts of how it worked as it applies to the position. I responded and then he cut me off, and said "I don't think you are exactly what we are looking for and don't have the years of experience in regards to the software use at NCR." He then decided to make small talk and ask if I knew a particular individual at my present employer who he used to work with. I responded that I didn't and then told him thanks for his time and hung up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with NCR?   Answer Question
    • Of all your career experiences which stands out the most and is relevant to the role you applied for?   Answer Question

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

A quick interview about what do you think is most important in UX Design, your strength, etc . Runs for 10 minutes, ask about your background and your projects. The reason why you applied for.

Tech Support Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Phone interview set up. Interviewer never called or emailed. This was very disappointing. I followed up emailed and no response has been given. I hope they make good and call or email to reschedule. 3 days later nothing.

IT Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2018.

Interview

Contacted by an off-shore recruiter for a 30 minute phone interview. She promptly followed up letting me know I'd have a phone interview with the Sr. Manager. Went in the office for a half day in-person interview with 5 team members. Then, had 2 more phone interviews with remaining team members that couldn't attend the in-person interview. All in all, it was a great and smooth process. I had about 5 rounds of interviews with about 8 different team members.

Interview Questions

• How would you get buy-in from our internal customers to follow our processes and use our product?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA).

Interview

Interview process was a very smooth. The process took about 3weeks or so. Phone screen with the recruiter followed by a call with the manager and then an in-person meeting with the manager. The question was basically how would you adapt to this business and what values you would bring to the team.

Customer Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dothan, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Dothan, AL) in January 2018.

Interview

I interviewed for a position out of town and when I learned they did not offer relocation packages I declined, Only to have the manager contact me and offer me a job for a position that came open in my city. I was pretty much a easy hire considering I have been working on ATMS for a long time.

1. Pass Background (they do consumer credit checks)
    2. Pass Drug Test
    3. Accepted Offer.
    4. Start Few Weeks Out.
    5. Attend New-Hire Orientation.

what unfolds from this point I don't know.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that engineers should receive a pay increase yearly regardless of effort or should they be paid based on hard work?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NCR in January 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of sitting down with 4 different hiring managers. Each asked very different questions ranging from my previous experiences to to what I hope to find in an ideal workplace. The interviewers were very nice and personable.

Interview Questions

• Let's start off by answering any questions you may have for us.   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

There wasn't much of an interview. I was asked about my past work experience and education. That was about all. They seemed desperate for employees. The "interview" lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question I received was, "Do you want a job?"   Answer Question