NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.9

162 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

NCR recruiter contacted me after I submitted a resume for an advertised position. That initial call went very well. The recruiter loved my background. He stated he would be sending me an online assessment which was half personality and half math. I took the assessment. The math section was insane. Seriously? This is how a company wants to hire experienced professionals? I had not seen such math problems since college or high school algebra. I was informed by the recruiter I did great, and that the hiring manager would schedule a call with me. That's it. I have not heard back from the recruiter (no returned calls or emails). Not once. What a complete waste of my time and energy. Here is a thought. Why not have your recruiters you hire go through this same process and see how well they do.

Interview Questions

• The only interview I had was with the recruiter. That was very standard; even hopeful based on the recruiters response to my questions and resume. THEN NOTHING. ONLY INFORMED ME I PASSED THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT AND WOULD BE GOING TO THE NEXT STAGE. THEN NOTHING.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

After a phone screen, NCR flew me in and I interviewed with a series of people. General questions about the industry and position. After, was told to sit tight by the hiring manager because NCR works slowly.

A month later, no news. Contact HR and hiring manager and response is they are still working internally.

More time goes by and no contact. Extremely unprofessional.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Seemed totally old school. First I talked to a recruiter who sent me a link to a personality assessment and a math skills test. Really???? I didn't expect the math skills portion of the assessment and actually got interrupted by another call while I was doing it and it timed out. I haven't don't those kind of word problems since my GMAT. Seems like a quite ridiculous way to screen people. I then talked to the hiring manager who was kind of arrogant and blunt. I didn't get the impression that he would carry on the process. I also didn't get the impression that the company has any interest at all in helping to increase the number of women in technology sales. All in all, this just didn't feel like a place I'd want to work.

Interview Questions

• No specific questions were asked other than where I lived.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a project coordinator position with the NCR government services division in Germantown, MD. HR emailed me to set up the interview after I had applied online. There was no phone screen - onsite interview right away.

The experience was a little strange. I arrived early and met with the project manager who was interviewing me. She led me to a tiny office, barely large enough to seat 3 people. I handed her a printed copy of me resume; she looked at it and immediately laughed. I am not sure why as it was nearly identical to the resume I had applied with, updated only to show a certification that I had recently obtained. The interview was scheduled to be thirty minutes but the interviewer had only 2 or 3 questions for me. I filled the rest of the time by asking questions I had prepared about the company and the position.

At the end of the interview, I asked if we could exchange contact details in case there were any more questions/follow up. She said the company preferred interviewees to contact HR with these matters but that they would definitely keep me updated. Okay, fine. A week went by and I hadn't heard anything so I sent a polite email to the HR woman who had set up the interview thanking her for her time and asking if she had heard any updates on the position. She said she was not sure but she looped in her supervisor. I never heard anything back from them after that. They completely "ghosted" me. I really would have appreciated at least an email letting me know that they were proceeding with other candidates so I could proceed accordingly.

Help Desk Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people over 2 hrs then another lady of foreign background for less than 15 mins... After everyone else saying I would be asked to come on she made it very obvious she did like me for whatever reason. Within 30 mins of leaving was called on the drive home that I wasn't getting the job.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted within one week. A phone interview was scheduled with an HR rep in Eastern Europe. The interview went fine. It lasted about 30 minutes. A few days later I was scheduled for an on-site interview with Hiring Manager, Department Manager and peer I would be replacing. The interview was about 2 hours. The job described appeared to be a perfect fit. I had the hands on experience they were looking for and I used many of the same systems NCR used. The person I would have replaced let me know how depressing the culture had become. NCR is moving their offices to downtown Atlanta and many are very upset about it.

The interview ended with the Hiring Manager enthusiastically letting me know I'd positively hear from them next week. There would be another round of interviews with the head of the department but I was assured to make it to the next round, I was told NCR was great about communicating to applicants and to expect to hear from HR within 3 days.

That was three months ago. No communication at all. No return calls, no return emails, no update on their applicant portal. Nothing. Nothing at all. Complete silence.

I had originally walked out of the interview not too excited because who wants to work for a company that is in the process of screwing their employees. However, that said, I was interested in playing it out and exploring the opportunity.

Now, if I ever got any communication back from them, I would tell them thanks but no thanks. I have no doubt though that I'll never hear from them again. Very, very unprofessional and a huge clue as to how they treat their employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Before the phone interview an online Code challenge is given. The challenge is easy including several multiple choices questions and extremely basic coding problems. After that a face-to-face interview is given. And that interview is also about coding, the problems are more difficult than the online challenge. And several follow up questions are asked after finishing the questions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a two-step interview process. The first interview was technical, and the second one was more general questioning. The first interview was a joy to take part of, and I was pretty much sure that I was going to get the job (based on the instant feedback provided by the interviewers) until revealed my background in the second interview. As soon as I told them where I am from, the solution delivery director ended the conversation without even asking me if I had any questions. He also pointed out the fact that his country of origin was in a conflict with my country of origin (AWKWARD). A couple of days later I was told that I didn't get the job due to the lack of my programming skills, which was funny to hear as they said that my lack of programming skills wasn't going to be a problem in the first interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this position on Feb university recruiting, and received OA within a week. After that I got an interview. But I waited result feedback for nearly one month. After that, a recruiter told me this position has filled!!!!

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions and 1 brain storm.
      Normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Software Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply on the career fair and got the online assessment afterwards. I was scheduled for an on campus interview but it was cancelled because of the changes in positions as stated by the HR two days before the interview date. The recruiter told me they would contact me afterwards, but there are not any responses.