NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this position on Feb university recruiting, and received OA within a week. After that I got an interview. But I waited result feedback for nearly one month. After that, a recruiter told me this position has filled!!!!

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions and 1 brain storm.
      Normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Software Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Apply on the career fair and got the online assessment afterwards. I was scheduled for an on campus interview but it was cancelled because of the changes in positions as stated by the HR two days before the interview date. The recruiter told me they would contact me afterwards, but there are not any responses.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR in February 2017.

Interview

NCR was at my school's career fair. I went to their booth and gave them my resumé; got a phone call or e-mail (don't remember) for an on-site interview. Got that set up and went to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What working environment do you prefer? Alone, in a group? Closely mentored, or just a general task description?   Answer Question

Chief Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was few rounds of interviews. First with HR, that 3 others with specialist. I got an offer and I gave a call to HR as they suggested. I asked few questions and she agreed to return back with the answers. After 8 days, I received email that since I didn't reply in timely manner they extended offer to another candidate. I asked for explanation and HR lady replied that in voice she sensed I refuse the offer and it was clear signal to her that I don't want this job. I suspect it was bad intentions and I noticed she left NCR soon after this incident. For reputable company like NCR this is very shameful.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Columbus, GA).

Interview

There was a 2 part interview with two different people with very general questions. It's like they had already chosen the people to be hired for the job. One of the people that interviewed me had been with the company 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What were the most difficult situations on my last job ? How do I handle difficult supervisors   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (New York, NY).

Interview

You get asked to complete an online quiz. If you succeed you will be scanned by an HR professional followed by your direct manager, followed by his manager. process is lengthy as HR resources sit in a single location for each region.

Interview Questions

• How do you act if presented a request outside of your formal responsibilities ?   Answer Question

CE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Irving, TX).

Interview

The interview was a good understanding of the job description and what my responsibility would be and the other individuals i would be working around and the areas i would be exploring.

CE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NCR (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The team leader who does 100% of the work with my actual manager who I have never seen or heard of meeting me at an expensive BBQ joint on NCR dime.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NCR?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR in October 2016.

Interview

Technical recruiter asked basic technical questions and then another telephonic round. It was easy but you need to be prepared. They gave a coding assignment to do and complete it as soon as possible. Coding assignement was very hard and notr straight forward, it involved web service.

Interview Questions

• Difference betweeen arraylist and linkedlist.
      Difference in class and object
      Dependency Injection
      Singleton class   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was responsive, helpful, gave feedback, and down to earth during the process. Phone screening was just them getting to know me, my career, and my interest in the position. A few phone interviews were scheduled, which ranged from easy going to blunt & somewhat aggressive follow up questions. Shortly thereafter, multiple in-person one-on-one interviews were scheduled with mostly management there, but not the hiring manager for this specific position. The number of scenarios I had to respond to or examples from my prior experience increased as the process progressed. No writing samples, presentations, or other such direct aptitude testing was required. Answers to some of my more important questions beyond the phone screening & job duties were not answered clearly. Most interviewers gave me at least some helpful feedback during the process. The interviews and employment experiences can vary greatly by department or even by team.

Interview Questions

See What NCR Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Current Customer Engineer II

Pros: “Working with so very many different types of equipment and environments makes the job never boring. Benefits are on par or slightly above most. Retirement options are good with the...”“Working with so very many different types of equipment and environments makes the job never boring. Benefits are on par or slightly above most. Retirement options are good with the one caveat being you must be employed until the 1st of the next year to receive a 401k match. The HSA offered is adequate and the $1000 deposit to the HSA by the company on a yearly basis helps offset the cost of the insurance. The amount of classes available in the online training is sufficient to become trained and be familiar with almost every device the company services.” – Full Review