NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager was pretty cool and he asked relevant technical questions. I was sure I will go to the next round. Their interview brochure says that the feedback will be provided in 3-5 days and HR will always stay in contact. Unfortunately, this wasn't true. After 2 weeks I was invited for a Skype interview. Before 30 mins of the interview the HR called me and told that the interview will be on the phone only. 4 people were there and I had 30 mins to talk to everyone. Those people were good. Very friendly. We had a great conversation. Though I did not receive an offer, my experience was very good and that gave me confidence. Again, I was expecting that anyone from HR department will contact to convey a reject but it was conveyed via automatic email. Next day I contacted the HR to understand my exact status. She responded promptly and thanked me for my time.

Customer Care Agent II Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (West Columbia, SC).

Interview

The interview was nice and I really made an impression on the interviewer. She were impressed by my professionalism, and customer service clerical and call center experience. I was asked questions about my education and work history. The lady that I spoke with said that based on my resume, and my interveiw, they would l like to offer me a temp to hire position via Abacus Services.

Interview Questions

• If given the job, why would I feel I would be a perfect fit?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Process was as normally expected -- An initial phone screen, with a continuation to a discussion with the hiring manager. In both cases, the hiring manager discussion seemed productive with a view towards further interviews.

In both cases -- Complete radio silence after that. Eventually, in the first case, received an automated "no-go" from the HR system. The second one was 6 weeks ago, I was told they wanted to do in-person interviews, and have heard nothing.

I get it -- You won't always get a response, what is completely unforgivable is the HR person's total lack of responsiveness to queries, especially given a deadline I had made them aware of. As a candidate this gives a very poor impression of the company and I'll decline any future interview requests from them as they don't have the basic respect to provide a cursory update when asked multiple times.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very process oriented. Not very engaging at all. So I talked 75% of the alloyed time. Tecruiter got very squirrelly once he realized that I had made x previously. Why do they brIngrid up money before establishing fit? Rude

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. See my note above about engagement. I sense they already had someone in mind and I was just a check in the box   Answer Question
    • What are your salary expectations   1 Answer

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Extremely long! Applied in February, interviews in March, then May...Finally got an email from a recruiter in Serbia saying that they were about to make me an offer. A few weeks later I received my offer, accepted it then waited for a response. A few days later I received an email asking me to submit a background check and credit check as well as a drug test. THEN a week later I got the good news that I was cleared. Phew!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you managed a project and or team? How did you successfully execute it? What would be your weakness in this position? How would you overcome it?   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR in April 2016.

Interview

BEWARE- PLEASE READ!

The overall interview process went well and progressed steadily over a long 4 week time frame. Offer was presented and accepted. I was very excited and obviously quit looking for work. However, following the completion of my pre-employment background check things took a turn for the worse. I was notified that there was a problem with my background check, specifically my consumer credit report. Apparently I didn't meet the "NCR Standard." The "NCR Standard" metric was never defined or explained to me prior or during the interview process. Because my consumer credit was less than perfect, this was a problem. The HR recruiter led me to believe that she would appeal to HR management to request an exception. A week later I received my computer at home and figured that all systems were a go and was waiting for my start date with onboarding instructions. I was so wrong. I received a call about 2 weeks later from HR recruiting and said that they can no longer offer me the position. I called the manager and he said he was sorry, but they are siding with HR management on the decision to pull my offer. It is my opinion that neither the HR recruiter or hiring manager appealed to HR management as they said they would. What a disappointment and a waste of time. I sent a letter to both of them asking how my consumer credit rating would impact my ability to perform the job. They never responded. I lost nearly 2 months of time in there disorganized process.

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It is pretty easy! Just be confident and smile. Tell them you know computer parts. mostly, if you know how to disassemble or resemble computer parts then you are good.

Interview Questions

• Have you dissemble or resemble computer parts before?   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

One on the phone interview to discuss my resume, projects, and other basic behavorial questions. Also asked about my experience with certain coding languages, and informed me of the role I would be filling, as well as the department in which I was applying for

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews--was referred by an existing employee. Very informal process. Interviewed with 3 people overall. All over the place questions--not structured at all--was more interested in "culture" fit than skills. Was offered the job on the spot by senior executive during final interview.

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely transparent interviewing process. The interviews (I had 5) were all a combination of formal and informal. Formal in a sense of them asking questions about your previous work history and the give examples of how you handled X type of situation types of questions. Informal in a sense of the interviewers were all relaxed and genuinely wanted you to speak freely and ask questions of them and about the role you were discussing. They talked about the pros and cons of the role so it gave you a good picture of what you would be doing and dealing with which helps you decide if it is even something you are interested in being a part of long term. They didn't seem to have any interest in people who simply had skills. They want people who will fit into their business culture and want to be a part of what they are going through as a business and industry.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deliver bad/unfavorable news to a client about their project.   Answer Question