NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.7

Chief Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was few rounds of interviews. First with HR, that 3 others with specialist. I got an offer and I gave a call to HR as they suggested. I asked few questions and she agreed to return back with the answers. After 8 days, I received email that since I didn't reply in timely manner they extended offer to another candidate. I asked for explanation and HR lady replied that in voice she sensed I refuse the offer and it was clear signal to her that I don't want this job. I suspect it was bad intentions and I noticed she left NCR soon after this incident. For reputable company like NCR this is very shameful.

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Columbus, GA).

Interview

There was a 2 part interview with two different people with very general questions. It's like they had already chosen the people to be hired for the job. One of the people that interviewed me had been with the company 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What were the most difficult situations on my last job ? How do I handle difficult supervisors   1 Answer

Program/Project Manager Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

I don't have any other comments about the interview. I don't want to say anything about the interview process. There was no real interview process. I was offered a position to off the bat. I was not permanently employed at the time that the offer was made.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (New York, NY).

Interview

You get asked to complete an online quiz. If you succeed you will be scanned by an HR professional followed by your direct manager, followed by his manager. process is lengthy as HR resources sit in a single location for each region.

Interview Questions

• How do you act if presented a request outside of your formal responsibilities ?   Answer Question

CE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Irving, TX).

Interview

The interview was a good understanding of the job description and what my responsibility would be and the other individuals i would be working around and the areas i would be exploring.

CE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at NCR (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The team leader who does 100% of the work with my actual manager who I have never seen or heard of meeting me at an expensive BBQ joint on NCR dime.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NCR?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

Spoke on phone with 2 different managers. Talked about previous job experience. Knowledge of NCR AND what they do. Knowledge of job title I was applying for. Some other personal questions. Typical interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

1. HR Round
    2. Telephone round with an engineer, no coding exercise.
    3. Skype call with Senior Manager.
    4. One round of Onsite interview with a panel of 2 engineers. One of the interviewer kept checking her phone and only accepted answers she knew. Instead of a comforting smile, she had a smirk every time I struggled answering a question.

Their interview process is not the best. Just go through frequently asked interview questions in Java, Spring, Hibernate, RDBMS , NoSQL and database of your choice.

Interview Questions

• No coding exercises. Questions about Java and java libraries, spring and hibernate frameworks, RDBMS and NoSQL database questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

10 interviews (mix between phone and in-person). All executive level interviewers plus HR partner. Initial screening based on LinkedIn profile with email exchanges with the recruiter before I had my first phone interview. Followed by a half day of in-person interview at HQ.

Interview Questions

• Past work experiences. Past annual goals. Past sales results. Size of team managed. My leadership style. Examples of how I handled different client and employee situations.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR in October 2016.

Interview

Technical recruiter asked basic technical questions and then another telephonic round. It was easy but you need to be prepared. They gave a coding assignment to do and complete it as soon as possible. Coding assignement was very hard and notr straight forward, it involved web service.

Interview Questions

• Difference betweeen arraylist and linkedlist.
      Difference in class and object
      Dependency Injection