NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.7

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It is pretty easy! Just be confident and smile. Tell them you know computer parts. mostly, if you know how to disassemble or resemble computer parts then you are good.

Interview Questions

• Have you dissemble or resemble computer parts before?   1 Answer

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

One on the phone interview to discuss my resume, projects, and other basic behavorial questions. Also asked about my experience with certain coding languages, and informed me of the role I would be filling, as well as the department in which I was applying for

IT Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews--was referred by an existing employee. Very informal process. Interviewed with 3 people overall. All over the place questions--not structured at all--was more interested in "culture" fit than skills. Was offered the job on the spot by senior executive during final interview.

Within Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial conversation with a recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, along with a finance team member in Europe. Subsequent to the phone interviews, I was invited down for an in-person interview process. I was then led to believe it might be a week or two prior to a decision being made.
    During the ensuing period of time, I had an oppty to interview with another company in the metro Atlanta area, and held off on acceptance to ascertain if NCR would come forward with an offer.
    I sent an email to the recruiter, called me back immediately, asked me to defer a decision until the following day, and he would get back to me in no more than 24 hours. It's now been three days, so I accepted the competing position.

Interview Questions

• Easy going interview process, some behavioral based questions, however, fairly straight forward.   Answer Question

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely transparent interviewing process. The interviews (I had 5) were all a combination of formal and informal. Formal in a sense of them asking questions about your previous work history and the give examples of how you handled X type of situation types of questions. Informal in a sense of the interviewers were all relaxed and genuinely wanted you to speak freely and ask questions of them and about the role you were discussing. They talked about the pros and cons of the role so it gave you a good picture of what you would be doing and dealing with which helps you decide if it is even something you are interested in being a part of long term. They didn't seem to have any interest in people who simply had skills. They want people who will fit into their business culture and want to be a part of what they are going through as a business and industry.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deliver bad/unfavorable news to a client about their project.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

We started with a 140-question (!!!) technical screening, which took all of five minutes. Then the boss briefly outlined the system architecture and growth strategy, asked me some career and personal questions, and answered mine. In the follow-up interview, I met two additional team members who asked more in-depth questions to evaluate my knowledge, experience, motivation, and personality.

After a verbal offer, there was a drug screen, a background check, an offer email, and some HR formalities that were mostly conducted online before my start date.

I was most impressed with the technical screening -- there were a few questions I couldn't answer right away, but the process was very quick, and nobody could have "faked it" in the time allotted.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a developer who does some system administration, or a sysadmin who does some development?   1 Answer

Channel Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. HR call me for a phone screening about a week later. Then a week after that I had in person interview with hiring manager. 2 days later I received a written offer. The process was really smooth compared to other places I had interviewed. I was impressed by it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your old company? What working style do you have? Experience in channel, etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

Interview

I applied on line and I was contacted by a recruiter in 10 days. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions were straightforward, I then had an onsite interview with the manager, VP and 2 team mates about 4 days later. I received an offer a week later.

IT Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews followed by 3 hours of onsite interviews with the immediate manager, department head and group vice president. Most of the time was spent on personality questions versus the actual job and responsibilities. The atmosphere was pretty casual. I was offered the position, provided i passed the requisite drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• How do i handle getting work done by otheres not in my immediate control.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (College Station, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of basic behavorial questions. I had no technical questions at all. The first round was a phone interview, and after that there was a group interview with financial analysts.