NCR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.8

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

Extremely transparent interviewing process. The interviews (I had 5) were all a combination of formal and informal. Formal in a sense of them asking questions about your previous work history and the give examples of how you handled X type of situation types of questions. Informal in a sense of the interviewers were all relaxed and genuinely wanted you to speak freely and ask questions of them and about the role you were discussing. They talked about the pros and cons of the role so it gave you a good picture of what you would be doing and dealing with which helps you decide if it is even something you are interested in being a part of long term. They didn't seem to have any interest in people who simply had skills. They want people who will fit into their business culture and want to be a part of what they are going through as a business and industry.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deliver bad/unfavorable news to a client about their project.   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

We started with a 140-question (!!!) technical screening, which took all of five minutes. Then the boss briefly outlined the system architecture and growth strategy, asked me some career and personal questions, and answered mine. In the follow-up interview, I met two additional team members who asked more in-depth questions to evaluate my knowledge, experience, motivation, and personality.

After a verbal offer, there was a drug screen, a background check, an offer email, and some HR formalities that were mostly conducted online before my start date.

I was most impressed with the technical screening -- there were a few questions I couldn't answer right away, but the process was very quick, and nobody could have "faked it" in the time allotted.

Interview Questions

• Are you more of a developer who does some system administration, or a sysadmin who does some development?   1 Answer

Channel Enablement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I first applied online. HR call me for a phone screening about a week later. Then a week after that I had in person interview with hiring manager. 2 days later I received a written offer. The process was really smooth compared to other places I had interviewed. I was impressed by it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your old company? What working style do you have? Experience in channel, etc   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on line and I was contacted by a recruiter in 10 days. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. The questions were straightforward, I then had an onsite interview with the manager, VP and 2 team mates about 4 days later. I received an offer a week later.

IT Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews followed by 3 hours of onsite interviews with the immediate manager, department head and group vice president. Most of the time was spent on personality questions versus the actual job and responsibilities. The atmosphere was pretty casual. I was offered the position, provided i passed the requisite drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• How do i handle getting work done by otheres not in my immediate control.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (College Station, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of basic behavorial questions. I had no technical questions at all. The first round was a phone interview, and after that there was a group interview with financial analysts.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

Called by HR after submission of Resume, 3 interviews set up, 2 remote, 1 in person. the Phone interviews were both 1 on 1 and then a panel, then the on site was a panel type also.

Interview Questions

• Give experience in Financial Sales Support, in Product Lifecycle, and in managing people.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy, with numerous steps. Then, a very lengthy background check (mine was clean and still took 2 weeks). Job was offered to me and then the offer was rescinded two weeks later - the night before my first day on the job. Said upper management decided not to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being given the resources needed to do your job? (Makes you wonder how often that happens.)   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

1st - 45min technical phone interview with Hiring Manager.
    Not as many QA questions but a number of technical questions. Web Services, OOP, Gherkin, etc...

2nd - Face to Face interview with four team members
    QA questions, Testing methodologies, Personality (do you fit the team), etc...

Downside: No contact after the Face to Face interview even though the documentation states that they will contact you between 2-4 days after the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you test Web Services?
      Q: Given scenario 'x' tell me how you would test it using Gherkin
      Q: Tell me the difference between Abstract and Virtual Methods
      Q: Examples on Positive and Negative testing   1 Answer

Inside Sales Specialist (Hospitality) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process itself was straightforward. All three of the interviewers that I sat with were honest and fair with their questions. The only snag was a potentially lengthy HR process and communication breakdown related to that. Otherwise the process was informative, pleasant, and painless.