NCR Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCR Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I had three rounds of interviews.

Round 1 was just a HR phone call for interest check and basic verification of information. Ther were a few scheduling conflicts at their end and we had to reschedule a couple of times, but we eventually had the call. She immediately asked to schedule for Round 2.

Round 2 was a phone call with my hiring manager who is a Director of Marketing. It was a more detailed phone call discussing the role and expectations. I really enjoyed this call. He explained both the positive and negative aspects of the role and the organizaiton - and I found that really good, that it wasn't all coolade. At the end, he asked me to think overnight and send him an email about whether I was still interested in the role. I actually took the time and wrote a detailed email describing what I like about the organization and the interview, and why I would like to work for NCR. I got invited to an on-site interview.

Round 3 was actually multiple rounds of interviews with senior directors of marketing for their various products/services and the head of the line-of-business. There was also a phone call with a director who was travelling and couldn't be present physically. It took an overall 4 hours.

This was a combination of behavioral interview questions along with specific questions about my previous experience. The phone call with the marketing director who was travelling was the most interesting - he explained to me about one of NCR's leading products and asked me to sell it to him as if he were a potential customer.

After that, I was given an offer. We negotiated over the salary a little bit, and I finally signed it.

The whole process was over in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me how you would make a business case for product ABC and sell it to me as if I were a potential customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went back and forth a couple of times. We met half-way between their initial offer and my counter proposal.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

To start, I was previously employed here for 2 years and downsized about 1 year prior to starting over again with this company. 2007-2009 were turbulent times in the marketplace. I constantly post for jobs at many sites including this company during my time between jobs. I received a call from a recruiter for this company who, may or may not, have responded to my resume posting online. The initial interview was an phone screening by the company's hired recruiter and then a followup series of interviews with 4 manager/directors/VP, progressively over a 2-4 week period. It all resulted in an offer to rejoin the company, but at a grade/level and salary that were 2 grades and 30% (salary) less than my prior hiring status two years before. My decision to accept less compensation was more out of the necessity to regain employment than anything wlse. Additionally, the experience in adding another skillset and career option would be invaluable leverage, hopefully culminating into an opportuinty to recoup lost salary and benefit in the near future, in a more positive job market.

Interview Questions

• This job will not pay what you probably were used to making. Are you still interested in interviewing and potentially obtaining an offer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a salary of 87,000 initially and countered for 95,000+. I agreed to accept 90,000 salary and 7000 in performance bonus potentially. In restrospect, I settle in order to get back to work and look for more compensation from within, which is never the best option, in my opinion. But again, there were a lot of 'feet on the street' and I did not want to lose the chance to gain some employment.