NCR National Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in July 2008.

Interview

In general, the interview process was fair and balanced. Lots of questions regarding background and success in the industry. No real 'zingers' although there was plenty of discussion about the challenges that I'd face in the role. It seemed as if once I got to the onsite interviews that the decision had been made to hire me - assuming I didn't blow the drug screen or the background check. Used a company that pulled exact dates of hire and termination for each position and role that I had... Some of my dates were off by a few months and were 'flagged' as issues. Be careful to not stretch any truths in answering the questions...

Interview Questions

• Describe a sales situation where price seemed to be the primary driver and how you overcame the focus on cost and made it more about 'value.'   2 Answers
  • What are you looking for in terms of a culture from your next company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew within a close range what the mid point was and what I could expect. Initially we were $10k off and met in the middle which was 'okay.' I could have pushed for a bit more but in the end, it was a good decision based on my skills, the comparable salary range, and the sales commissions that would make up for any gaps.