NCR Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 2, 2017

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was more laid back than expect. I interviewed for the restaurant department in Atlanta, and the HR rep was very nice and the lady who interviewed me was very very nice

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Met in person with Project Manager and current intern in similar position. Went over what the company does and what their team is working on at the moment.

Interview Questions

• Was asked mostly behavioural type questions, with some questions about my resume and technical background as well to see if I would be comfortable with the technologies that the team I would be on uses.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

It was very long and some of the questions were irrelevant. the process lasted for an entire day and most of it was wasted. There were no specific number of interviews. you are called in several times or just once based on your performance.

Software Development Interview

Interview

Introduced to the company and interviewers, quick background of NCR, followed by asking about interests and projects. Also talked about what type of position I would be interested in, and what I know about NCR

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked about interests and projects, and behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Prague (Czech Republic)).

Interview

First, you solve a short programming task in one hour. If you can pass this, they invite you to a four hour interview.

What happens in four hours?

1st hour: Test (General Programming, C++, XML, SQL, C#)
    2nd hour: Review of your test, more questions depending on your results
    3rd hour: A higher-level interview (component design, or architecture)
    4th hour: Interview with development manager

Interview Questions

• Test was based on language reference (ex. syntax)   Answer Question
    • Architecture part had topics:
      1) database schema for animals in zoo
      2) component model for elevator   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I interviewed at NCR (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

written test for 40 marks 10 marks for english 5 marks for aptitude and 10 marks for code bits and 15 marks for coding . after written then will take one month to give results and then they will for interview . people who selected in tr are moved to hr round

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

First round a phone interview, just go through my resume and a couple of simple questions like what is OOP and give me an example of design patterns etc. Second round should be a onsite but I live far away so it became a phone interview. Some resume check and a lot of technical questions. Mostly about memory management and some technical questions like XML and JMS.

Interview Questions

• In which ways can two processes communicate? Describe as many as possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCR (Prague (Czech Republic)) in December 2013.

Interview

First I got a homeword - pyramid problem (http://www.mathblog.dk/project-euler-18/). Limit is 1 hour.

Then I was invited to interview in company offices. There was an another test.

Interview Questions

• Some questions:
      - abstraction (interface, abstract class)
      - singleton pattern, factory pattern
      - marshalling
      - multithreading (semaphore, mutex, lock, autoreset events, deadlock)
      - C++ examples, how to free objects
      - how garbage collector in .NET works
      - using-dispose construction
      - hashtable - what is the best implementation, compare to another list structures in .NET
      - difference between list, array, arraylist
      - example for using the StringBuilder inside a loop
      - XPath, XSL
      - SQL: nontrivial SQL query on interconnected tables
      - SQL: adding of some indexes slowed down an application, why?
      - just-in-time compilation problem on missing .dll on the client side   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Prague (Czech Republic)) in June 2013.

Interview

First part of an interview was a home test. I had to make it in 1 hour or most 2 hour. . 5 days later was the second part. Again technical questions:
    1. General programming questions (Basic OOP, Design patterns)
    2. C++
    3. Java(or C#)
    4. SQL - make an nontrivial QUERY on 4 interconnected tables
    5. XML

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in November 2011.

Interview

It is NCR mobiqa for mobile development.
    First got a telephone interview. The process was friendly. Most questions were about the basic concepts of OO, Java, and some Web knowledge. Also asked about the CV experience and relevant courses. It took about 30 minutes.

The second on-site interview consist of three parts: 1.two people asked about CV experience and basic technical questions, including design pattern, html5, ajax. 2.A pen and paper design question, to design a program based on a given scenario. 3.Programming test, related to sorting and hashtable. Quite basic.