NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Before the phone interview an online Code challenge is given. The challenge is easy including several multiple choices questions and extremely basic coding problems. After that a face-to-face interview is given. And that interview is also about coding, the problems are more difficult than the online challenge. And several follow up questions are asked after finishing the questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied this position on Feb university recruiting, and received OA within a week. After that I got an interview. But I waited result feedback for nearly one month. After that, a recruiter told me this position has filled!!!!

Interview Questions

• 2 coding questions and 1 brain storm.
      Normal behavior questions

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR in October 2016.

Interview

Technical recruiter asked basic technical questions and then another telephonic round. It was easy but you need to be prepared. They gave a coding assignment to do and complete it as soon as possible. Coding assignement was very hard and notr straight forward, it involved web service.

Interview Questions

• Difference betweeen arraylist and linkedlist.
      Difference in class and object
      Dependency Injection
      Singleton class

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

campus information session -> online assessment problems (Including coding problems and some multiple choices) -> onsite interview. The whole hiring process took about 15 work days. No hard coding questions but some of them are tricky.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavior questions.
      How to check if the the parentheses are matched.
      Answer Question
    • Talk about the previous project and what is the most difficult part.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

HR Call for the first triage and background questions, after that, a technical phone interview with a software architect. Once you are approved by the architect, the HR will contact you again to schedule the last interview with position manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical phone had some questions regarding WebServices/Rest API, encryption, how to secure API calls, what is angular, what is MVC, how does MVC work and so on. The interview is not hard.
      The interview with manager is more dynamic. There was the manager and another developer, asking few questions similar to the first phone interview. I

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

I applied online. After the initial phone screening I was given an in person interview. I met with about 8 people so it took 4 or 5 hours. The people were all really great. It wss probably the most fun intrrbiew I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• standard interview stuff. Where do you see yourself in X years. Why do you want to work here. etc   Answer Question
    • Some really fun open ended brain teasers. eg. How much would you charge to wash all the windows in Atlanta?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at NCR (Alpharetta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a standard kinda thing for a traditional company: you stay in one meeting room and many potential bosses (direct manager, team manager, division president...) interview you one after the other. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the office. It felt less stressful than others of this kind.

Interview Questions

• Write how you would code a program on the blackboard.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied for this position through my school's career fair. I got contact 2-3 weeks later for a brief phone interview going over the achievements on my resume and scheduling an in person interview 2 weeks later. Now I must say that being in grad school and having had 2 years of work experience made things easy on the interview but below is more details.
    The process lasted about 3 hours which according to my recruiter depending on how well I would perform during each phase. The first one, I was given a paper test. The different topics were C#, object oriented, C/C++ & memory management, Sql concepts, Javascript, iOS and Android. The test is impossible to finish in an hour so don't waste time on the concept you do not know. I believe it is a pretty generic test except maybe for the last 2 parts since my position is more focussed on mobile developement.
    Afterward I had an in person interview with one of the team lead where I was given 2 programming problems to solve on a white board. The last hour another developer questioned me specifically about Android.
    At the end I got to talk to the director for a few minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a phone call with the Recruiter. A few weeks later with the manager which was positive. Then an hour phone interview with a Senior developer which went well. Was called onsite.

Interview Questions

• Data model of my current company. Linq queries in C#. SQL Server. Some C# features like Anonymous functions, extension methods etc. Classes inheritance.

Also asked if I had kids, where I lived and how old my kids were by a so called QA manager which I realized later was illegal. Until that point my interview was going fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Duluth, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

I have an onsite interview via friend refer

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are pretty easy. Asked a lot of question about my past experience. and Final have C++ test.   Answer Question