NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCR Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCR (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

One phone interview. One in person interview. Very long background screening process.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were very easy. Mostly semantics of C.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Other Interview Reviews for NCR

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was very disorganized. There didn't seem to be a standard process in place or individuals who conducted interviews. The people who were part of the interview were very amiable. The really wansn't a technical part to the interview. The interview seemed more about whether I would get along and fit the culture than if I had the technical know how to solve the problems necessary to move their products forward.

Interview Questions

• Alk questions asked were standard behavioral questions such as whether I had been disciplined at previous jobs or what was a successful project I had worked on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The was no negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visakhapatnam (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Visakhapatnam (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. Online Test (52 MCQs and 2 coding questions):
    On Verbal, Analytical, Reasoning, 2 very very basic coding problems and little of computer science fundamentals.

Nearly 100 students attended online test. Results were declared after 2 days and 17 students were shortlisted and I was the top one. Further interviews took place 2 days after the declaration of results.

2. Technical Interview-1 (1 hour)
    Some casual talk initially. Discussed about my summer internship and projects deeply for 30 mins and some technical questions.

3. HR Interview (30 - 45 mins)
    Casual talk, asked my strengths and asked to justify "Why NCR? Why not any other?" The HR was not satisfied with whatever I told.

4. Technical Interview-2 (15 mins)
    Casual talk followed by resume review. No technical questions asked here. All he asked was managerial questions.

The interviewers were over satisfied with my technical skills but for some reason they were not interested in me. They are not looking for technical knowledge, all they wanted is just-another employee who can do basic work in a team. I felt like over-qualified for them. No regrets !!

Interview Questions

• Not even a single difficult technical question. Here is a managerial related question I was asked.

You are a leading a team. Your team is assigned a project/work to be completed within strict deadline. Your team is lacking one player, a new employee (fresher) was assigned to your team. How would you handle the situation?
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

I applied online. After the initial phone screening I was given an in person interview. I met with about 8 people so it took 4 or 5 hours. The people were all really great. It wss probably the most fun intrrbiew I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• standard interview stuff. Where do you see yourself in X years. Why do you want to work here. etc   Answer Question
    • Some really fun open ended brain teasers. eg. How much would you charge to wash all the windows in Atlanta?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NCR (New Delhi (India)).

Interview

group discussion,test,one on one interview

Negotiation

entry level

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCR (Hyderabad (India)) in May 2011.

Interview

1 technical, 1 managerial and 1 hr round
    during technical all basics in c# and about projects you worked earlier
    hr is a good round where they mainly targeting on communication skills, They asked me to tell the authors of the book that i read recently (as i said books reading is my hobby)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First stage, half hour telephone interview with two dev managers. Very basic technical questions, what is polymorphism, difference between final, finalize and finally...etc.

Second stage was a take home technical test. Pretty average program, took about 3 hours to write with unit tests and all. Some text parsing and output, nothing too complex.

Third stage was a on-premise interview, 2 hours long. 2 interviewers. Technical questions, CV questions, code writing example (maybe 20 line problem), a 5 minute talk of my choice then a design task on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Difference between final finally and finalize   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guadalupe, Province of Cebu (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Guadalupe, Province of Cebu (Philippines)) in November 2012.

Interview

I went there when they had a job fair. This was in the Philippines. After the interview, I was offered the job. The interviewer was the department manager who was very nice.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to write a code to sort elements in an array. There was not much technical questions. I only had 5 months experience in the field when I applied for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

HR Call for the first triage and background questions, after that, a technical phone interview with a software architect. Once you are approved by the architect, the HR will contact you again to schedule the last interview with position manager.

Interview Questions

• Technical phone had some questions regarding WebServices/Rest API, encryption, how to secure API calls, what is angular, what is MVC, how does MVC work and so on. The interview is not hard.
      The interview with manager is more dynamic. There was the manager and another developer, asking few questions similar to the first phone interview. I
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three stages to the interview; first, a phone screening, followed by a coding assignment, and finally an in-house interview.

I didn't find the process to be particularly challenging. The interviewees were friendly and a bit laid back. The coding assignment was very basic.