NCR Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

NCR Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Dec 15, 2016

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (London, England (UK)).

Interview

first interview with the Agency, who put me forward for the role. then Interview with Hiring manager, and team leader. Was a panel interview at the head office. following this an offer was made to the agency, all salary negotiations were done through the Agency,

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in 5 years   1 Answer

Channel Sales UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

You must pass a SHL style competence and numerical reasoning test, which I didn't. A shame, as I got on well with my potential boss on the initial call and was scheduled for a face to face interview. The internal HR recruiter was very helpful and apologetic that they could not continue with the hiring process.

Software Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCR (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy initial phone interview with a slightly hard to hear HR person from somewhere in Eastern Europe. I was asked some basic and unimaginative scenario based questions that were a bit boring for a tech based company.

I was later invited to an interview in Dundee, the date was then changed last minute by NCR. On the rescheduled date, I was left waiting 15 minutes at reception after the stated time, with no apology. Zero detail of what was expected of me during the visit was offered during the introduction, nor was there any indication of the anticipated duration of the interview. The overview of the role was vague, as they had yet to determine which product team the successful candidate would join.

The visit lasted well over two hours, probably nearer three. As well as the presentation, there was also an unexpected research based task. A pair of matching laptops were brought into the room. The interviewer 'looked' to be busy with work on 'his' laptop. Though I believe he was observing my screen as I conducted the task. Why this observation wasn't disclosed I struggle to fathom. Later during the interview, a crowd gathered at the door of the room peering in impatiently. I was then moved rooms due to the apparent inability of the interviewing manager to book a room for the necessary amount of time. Then after the presentation, the task, and the room change, a more senior manager dropped in for what appeared to be a short unstructured chat. Overall everything seemed a bit disorganised.

A candidate can learn a lot about a company from the interview process, it's a two-way exchange of information, a fact seemingly lost on NCR. If I'm brutally honest, NCR came across rather amateurish compared to other large Companies I've worked for. I may still have accepted an offer had there been one following the interview despite the negatives. However, with benefit of hindsight I'm very happy I never joined NCR. I've seen the same role advertised many times over the last few years, and again since I was interviewed. This to me indicates a high turnover of staff, and doesn't appear to be solely down to growth. My advice is to look elsewhere if you are an experienced software professional, though I imagine NCR in Dundee is probably good for a recent graduate looking for experience.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Two screening interviews from recruiter. One further onsite interview by NCR. Although I didn't qualified the interview but I count it as one of the best interviews of my life because of the competence of interviewers and their sound knowledge. Unfortunately this is something which is sometimes even missing in some of the other names in the industry during interviewing process.

The two high ups from NCR conducted a technical interview. They asked me questions what I have done in past and other technical questions. I enjoyed the interview as the questions were relevant and the people asking those questions were having full grasp of the concepts they were asking about. Both the interviewers were friendly and never made me feel that they are testing my knowledge or any sort of assertive attitude. It was just a normal conversation among a group of people discussing merits and demerits of different things.

Interview Questions

• Draw a system architecture diagram of the system I was working on in my last job and explain them the working.   1 Answer

Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was very comprehensive starting with HR and then with the recruiting manager followed by 2 further interviews with VP sales EMEA and head of service. To get an interview with NCR it is much better if you are referred in to them

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The whole process consisted of 3 parts: phone interview, coding assignment, face-to-face interview. It was a great experience and I absolutely loved it. The phone interview was conducted by an experienced engineer who was very friendly and helpful. The coding assignment was very interesting and engaging. The last part was difficult but the interviewers (senior engineers) were friendly and supportive. Overall, an excellent experience, gave me a great feeling about the company.

Interview Questions

• Differences between an abstract class and and an interface   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCR.

Interview

There were 2 separate interviews with each being done by 2 people (1 person from HR and 1 department manager). During the interviews, there was lots of talk about previous work experience, project work, and the role within the company. There were also a few questions which involved hypothetical situations, where I had to describe what actions I would take. The time between applying and getting the interviews was very long.

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

First stage, half hour telephone interview with two dev managers. Very basic technical questions, what is polymorphism, difference between final, finalize and finally...etc.

Second stage was a take home technical test. Pretty average program, took about 3 hours to write with unit tests and all. Some text parsing and output, nothing too complex.

Third stage was a on-premise interview, 2 hours long. 2 interviewers. Technical questions, CV questions, code writing example (maybe 20 line problem), a 5 minute talk of my choice then a design task on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Difference between final finally and finalize   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCR (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

There were three stages to the interview; first, a phone screening, followed by a coding assignment, and finally an in-house interview.

I didn't find the process to be particularly challenging. The interviewees were friendly and a bit laid back. The coding assignment was very basic.

Technical Author/Communicator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCR (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview seemed ok, but there was not a lot of clues as to how well you had performed. It was "all down to the hiring manager", which sounded a bit less optimistic. It was unclear exactly what skillset(s) and vocational competences were required. Candidate was already a published author and had significant project experience in technical documentation.
     Job description contained a lot of things that first time or inexperienced applicants would not reasonably be expected to know about. Overall, very disappointing and not recommended.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very general - "have you led teams before" A lot of emphasis was placed on this and it seemed that the role did not have guidance and support   1 Answer