NCS Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There are 2 parts to the interview. The first part is a MCQ test regarding syntax and spotting some mistakes in the code on Java and SQL, and an aptitude test. The second part is the interview with the staff.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for NCS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Quite informal and chill interview, also given a 60 Question MCQ test involving SQL, Java & Logic questions. Applied as fresh grad, basically talk about school projects, internship, FYP and skills.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied this position online. It takes about 3 days to process the application. After that, the staff in HR department give me a call to arrange for an interview.

There will be two parts for the interview. The first part is an one-hour test while the second part is the face-to-face interview. You will need to prepare your own laptop to demonstrate some projects you had done before. For me, two parts of interview are in the same day. The first hour is the test follow by the face-to-face interview.

Test Questions are 60 MCQ questions which are 20 Java questions, 20 SQL questions, 20 IQ + Math question. There are different versions of question papers. I has been asked to do the third version.

Questions for Java and SQL part seem not very hard. They are just asking some simple syntax and functions but you must very clear about the features of them so that you won't make careless mistakes. The questions in the third part is the hardest part for the version of test paper I got. Some complex math questions has been asked so it needs some time to do the calculation.

The face-to-face interview session is quite relax. There will be two interviewers. Just have a chitchat and share your project with them then the interview will come to an end.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Seems like a pretty chill interview, basically, it's more of a chit-chat session. Just let the interviewer know more about yourself. There are 2 interviewer, not much difficult questions, very few technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

1 hour time to do a coding paper before interview. The project manager is the one conduct the interview. She is a nice and good manager/interviewer I meet. Understand and very open. Even you are new she will look into other aspect and give you the chance. Everyone need the chance to start somewhere for their career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

One hour technical exercise, including Java, SQL and some simple logical question.
    Then, followed by two interviewers with one-hour discussion about your past experience. No tough question, more focused on previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your FYP. How long you think you can learn a new language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NCS.

Interview

60 questions. 20 on Java. 20 on SQL. 20 on random math questions. Passing or failing the technical test has little to do with passing the interview as mentioned by the interviewer to me. They are more concerned with your past work experiences and your skillsets. Asking about benefits may be risky.

Interview Questions

• What would you say your relationship with technology is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2017.

Interview

The is a test before the interview. 60 MCQ questions. 20 Java, 20 SQL and 20 Behavioural Questions. Interview was mostly casual, like a get to know you session. Interview may ask to present some work you have done or test you technical questions to see how you think and solve problems.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you faced in a project you have done in school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

Upon submission of your resume, it takes roughly about 1 week before a HR Representative gets back to you.

It follows by a phone interview where you will have to do a quick introduction of yourself followed by a detailed description of your experience and capabilities. Overall the phone interview was pleasant.

If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to their office at Ang Mo Kio for a face to face interview.
    you will also be asked to provide a demonstration of a project that you have done previously.

Interview Questions

• Describe your software engineering approach that you used in your project and describe how you handled each phase.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCS (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

First hour is a test with 60 MCQ questions. Next hour is a face to face interview with two hiring managers. Go through past work and project experience. Finally demonstrate a project that you have done.