NCSA Next College Student Athlete Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Recruiting Sales Sports Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for myself was a four stage process. First two interviews were by phone with each interviewer discussing in great detail the job requirements, expectations and company goals. Third interview was via webx with VP of Recruiting. During this interview I had a opportunity to look at the CRM sales calendar between two current employees as a example of monthly routine and revenue. It was a explicit detail visual of the job which I thought was informative. The final interview was by phone with the VP of Training and Education. This phone interview was extensive and we discussed some of the training tool software used for new employees such as "LearnCore". The phone call was about a hour long but worth the time and effort to understand in full before any decision was made by the hiring team, regarding the opportunity for employment.

Interview Questions

• How does you're current job or past relate to the position available?   Answer Question

Aug 30, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and paint a picture of what our interview process can be like for our Recruiting Specialist candidates. We wish you the best of luck in your career... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

NCSA first reached out to me in late February over the phone. I spoke with a nice woman (who later became my boss). The interview was not too bad as it was just an internship however. I had an in-person interview about a week later. This one was a little bit more difficult because it is on the spot, however the questions were not very hard.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Three round interview process for a development job. Was called in for the third and final interview (first interview was a quick in person meeting to see personality type, second was phone call to discuss development skills). The first 45 min consisted of taking a tour of the building which is basically a crappy warehouse. I was shown all the offices, the sales floor, etc. Felt like a giant telemarketing nightmare. Then sat down with the developers to talk shop for a while and casually converse about past work experience and whatnot.
    Next, the final round of the final interview, was meeting with the lead developer to see how you work. It was a mess. The dev gave me his computer, googled "wireframe layout" and picked a random wireframe for me to build out as he sat there watching me. He told me we would be "working together", but we definitely were not. It was rude and insensitive to throw someone into the mix and then sit there and judge their every move.

Honestly, at the end of the day, this is a company with people wearing lanyards and name tags around the office. Felt like I was shopping at Finish Line, not working for a highly successful athletic recruiting company.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview - received offer on the phone. Declined offer. Pay is a $27,000 base salary for 9-6 work day. Avg. about $50-$100 a day according to the recruiter.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Reached out to a fellow university alum, exchanged emails and interviewed during the summer. Corresponded with staff members, did multiple phone and Skype interviews. Contact on their end just faded away as time went by. I have no idea what happened to this day.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy but if they do not wish to hire you they will not respond and you will be required to assume you're not the candidate selected. This is even after numerous attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adjust to the demanding recommend hours required?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round with a recruiter.

2nd round with a team manager.

3rd round with a team manager and shadow an inside sales person.

4th round with a team manager.

Overall a pretty smooth process, but a bit too many interviews. I got asked the same exact questions 4 times in a row. They want athletes who are motivated to beat monthly numbers and know the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• General sales questions and fit questions. Want to see you can talk on the phone, motivated to help student athletes, motivated to beat numbers, and know about the recruiting process.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources Athleader

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were asked the same question multiple times. We will look into that and fix it immediately! We wish you all the best in your career search!

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Spoke with 3 levels of management over the phone. First conversation was long, second two were much shorter. Came in for an interview and met with the recruiting coordinator supervisor. Nice guys on the phone and throughout process. Made me feel wanted, welcome, and excited. Really sold me on the premise of helping families and student athletes. "helping students become leaders through sports." Told me this place was fun to work at as it was rated high a few years back as a top place for young people to work. Also, advertised that it was NOT a call center. I sat with one of the Senior recruiters for a few phone calls and he was more honest about the job and gave me some good advice about the position. I went home and started very quickly after I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask about athletic background because that's really all that matters here. The more experience you have in sports, the more easily you can sell to families that you went through the recruiting process. It was a very easy interview and I feel it was more just to make sure I was going to be a good fit with the staff and would be comfortable on the phone. Had to turn in a "sports resume" along with regular job resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

$25,000 + sales commission. Not a very competitive package but fair for the economy and how easy and boring the job actually is.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I was brought in to interview for an intern position. No hard questions just basic generic stuff. The recruiter was very nice and did a great job of making me feel comfortable. If given the chance to interview with NCSA I would because it was an easy interview and can be good practice if you are someone who is nervous in interviews.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Jul 25, 2016 – Sales Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

Recruiting Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete in October 2015.

Interview

3 Phone interviews, each one with a different VP. They get together and compare the potential hirees and make their decision. Questions ranged from experience, to knowledge, to salary. They have the original person who speaks with you to set up the interviews call and offer the job and go over all compensation packages prior to acceptance. They will give you a few days if needed.

Interview Questions

• Why my experience sets me up to help student athletes realize their dream of playing sports in college.   Answer Question

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

there were three interviews. First via phone w HR, 2nd via phone with VP of Sales, 3rd with direct manager. The first was basic questions about background experience. The second was more of an overview of the expectations/ job requirements. The third was more about the position requirements as well as some role play/ scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week? Typically 3-7 M-Th, 8a-2p Sa, 12p-6p Su?   Answer Question