NCSA Next College Student Athlete Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Head Recruiting Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Very quick. Responded to a posting, had an interview within days, a second interview within a week, and hired within 2 weeks. I live about 3 hours away from Chicago, but they didn't require an in-person interview. Both interviews were done over the phone. Had an offer within hours of the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience talking on the phone, dealing with families, college recruiting experience.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources Athleader

Thanks for your review of our interview process. Good luck with your new position!

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Set up via a recruiter. Phone screen, then face to face. Met with about 7-8 people.
    Everyone was very nice. I crushed the interview. The technical questions were easy. But I did not get the job. They wanted someone who "would be around for a long time." Apparently, if you are 40 something that means you are at death's door?

My inference here is that if you are 40 or older you won't fit in. At all. And if you have ever traveled the world a bit or taken time off from the workplace - say to build sewers in Africa - this would be a huge negative.

I hate to be blunt, but as I say I did kill the interview, and they offered no other tangible feedback...

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round with a recruiter.

2nd round with a team manager.

3rd round with a team manager and shadow an inside sales person.

4th round with a team manager.

Overall a pretty smooth process, but a bit too many interviews. I got asked the same exact questions 4 times in a row. They want athletes who are motivated to beat monthly numbers and know the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• General sales questions and fit questions. Want to see you can talk on the phone, motivated to help student athletes, motivated to beat numbers, and know about the recruiting process.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources Athleader

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were asked the same question multiple times. We will look into that and fix it immediately! We wish you all the best in your career search!

Senior Sports Sales Specialist Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is straight STAR system- I took both phone interviews over after about ten minutes. The questions actually overlapped from both interviews as others have noted.

55 -60 hours a week for a base salary of $28,000 plus bonus to get you over $100,000! There is no way the numbers add up! I coach and have never met ANYONE who has paid for this service on the entire eastern seaboard. This whole process can be done for free with a little work and research! Stop being lazy people!

Interview Questions

• Can you work Saturdays all day?
      Do you feel you can close a deal?
      What experience do you have with sports?
      Talk about a time when....   1 Answer

I am too old to have a carrot dangled in my face.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete.

Interview

Apply on their website -> Phone Interview with HR -> Phone interview with one of their data scientist.
    Every interviewer is very nice and patient. They really try to make you understand what they are looking for and be happy to talk with you.

However, this title is not matching who they want to hire. They actually expect a statistician than a data scientist. All the questions are about statistic but not data science, so I am not well prepared for them though questions are pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What is central limit theorem?   Answer Question
    • What is logistic regression? In detail.   Answer Question
    • What is the best/worest thing you feel about being a data scientist? Like statistic proving or ...   Answer Question
    • How do you make non technical people understand your result? Use an example will be better.   Answer Question
    • Some other statistic related questions   Answer Question

Scout Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Long interview process. Couple phone interviews and an one in person. Place feels like a call center when you walk through it but a lot of the people working there seemed young and energetic.

Scout Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was easy and brief. No difficult questions, they are hiring out of college grads that they know have little experience. It is preferred that you have a sports or athletic background.

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

1 phone screening with recruiting manager and 1 on-site interview with the 2 data scientists already working for the company.

In both cases, it was mostly general behavioral and project-based questions, with an emphasis on leadership and project management as the role is supposed to grow into the head of the data science department.
    The discussion with the data scientists was fairly relaxed and going both ways. I was dressed "business casual" but felt that I was overdressed as everyone in the company was dressed "casual".

I felt that the two interviews were fairly easy, but a few days after the on-site interview, I received an email saying that they had decided to go with another candidate. Still, I enjoyed the process and felt the people in the company were very nice.

Head Scout Interview

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete.

Interview

The interview process lasted around 7 weeks, and consisted of several interviews with people in the scouting department. Communication between interviews was spotty and vague. It took almost 2 weeks to hear back from one of the interviews on two occasions. I was never given any information about the process nor an estimated timeframe. They appeared to be poorly organized, as interviewers asked the same/similar questions and responses to inquiries following the interviews took several days or there was no response altogether.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't overly difficult, and anybody with college coaching and recruiting experience shouldn't have any trouble answering them sufficiently.   Answer Question

Jul 25, 2016 – Sales Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback, and I'm sorry you had a negative experience during your interview process. 7 weeks is a bit longer than our typical process, so I do apologize for that. Our hiring... More

Recruiting Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete in May 2016.

Interview

Email first for a phone interview to schedule with their hiring department. Spoke with someone at their HR department who was very nice. Lasted about 20-25 minutes asking a variety of questions.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Jul 25, 2016 – Sales Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and good luck in your professional career!