NCSA Next College Student Athlete Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1. Featured Interview

Recruiting Sales Sports Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for myself was a four stage process. First two interviews were by phone with each interviewer discussing in great detail the job requirements, expectations and company goals. Third interview was via webx with VP of Recruiting. During this interview I had a opportunity to look at the CRM sales calendar between two current employees as a example of monthly routine and revenue. It was a explicit detail visual of the job which I thought was informative. The final interview was by phone with the VP of Training and Education. This phone interview was extensive and we discussed some of the training tool software used for new employees such as "LearnCore". The phone call was about a hour long but worth the time and effort to understand in full before any decision was made by the hiring team, regarding the opportunity for employment.

Interview Questions

• How does you're current job or past relate to the position available?   Answer Question

Aug 30, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and paint a picture of what our interview process can be like for our Recruiting Specialist candidates. We wish you the best of luck in your career... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

Phone interview - received offer on the phone. Declined offer. Pay is a $27,000 base salary for 9-6 work day. Avg. about $50-$100 a day according to the recruiter.

Head Recruiting Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online heard back from HR a week later to schedule a brief phone interview. It took the hiring manager two days to respond to my email. The day of the interview I waited by the phone and the hiring manager was 15 minutes late. None of the questions asked were hard. Definitely thought this was a good fit especially knowing the recruiting process from both sides (former player and recruiting coordinator at the college level). Unfortunately, I was wrong, but good luck to this company.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Set up via a recruiter. Phone screen, then face to face. Met with about 7-8 people.
    Everyone was very nice. I crushed the interview. The technical questions were easy. But I did not get the job. They wanted someone who "would be around for a long time." Apparently, if you are 40 something that means you are at death's door?

My inference here is that if you are 40 or older you won't fit in. At all. And if you have ever traveled the world a bit or taken time off from the workplace - say to build sewers in Africa - this would be a huge negative.

I hate to be blunt, but as I say I did kill the interview, and they offered no other tangible feedback...

Recruitment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

there were three interviews. First via phone w HR, 2nd via phone with VP of Sales, 3rd with direct manager. The first was basic questions about background experience. The second was more of an overview of the expectations/ job requirements. The third was more about the position requirements as well as some role play/ scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week? Typically 3-7 M-Th, 8a-2p Sa, 12p-6p Su?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Easy but if they do not wish to hire you they will not respond and you will be required to assume you're not the candidate selected. This is even after numerous attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adjust to the demanding recommend hours required?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round with a recruiter.

2nd round with a team manager.

3rd round with a team manager and shadow an inside sales person.

4th round with a team manager.

Overall a pretty smooth process, but a bit too many interviews. I got asked the same exact questions 4 times in a row. They want athletes who are motivated to beat monthly numbers and know the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• General sales questions and fit questions. Want to see you can talk on the phone, motivated to help student athletes, motivated to beat numbers, and know about the recruiting process.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources Athleader

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were asked the same question multiple times. We will look into that and fix it immediately! We wish you all the best in your career search!

Senior Sports Sales Specialist Opportunity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview process is straight STAR system- I took both phone interviews over after about ten minutes. The questions actually overlapped from both interviews as others have noted.

55 -60 hours a week for a base salary of $28,000 plus bonus to get you over $100,000! There is no way the numbers add up! I coach and have never met ANYONE who has paid for this service on the entire eastern seaboard. This whole process can be done for free with a little work and research! Stop being lazy people!

Interview Questions

• Can you work Saturdays all day?
      Do you feel you can close a deal?
      What experience do you have with sports?
      Talk about a time when....   1 Answer

I am too old to have a carrot dangled in my face.

Jul 26, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for reviewing our interview process. First, let me apologize for such a long process – usually the entire interview process takes 30 days or less for our Recruiting Specialists who make it... More

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete.

Interview

Apply on their website -> Phone Interview with HR -> Phone interview with one of their data scientist.
    Every interviewer is very nice and patient. They really try to make you understand what they are looking for and be happy to talk with you.

However, this title is not matching who they want to hire. They actually expect a statistician than a data scientist. All the questions are about statistic but not data science, so I am not well prepared for them though questions are pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• What is central limit theorem?   Answer Question
    • What is logistic regression? In detail.   Answer Question
    • What is the best/worest thing you feel about being a data scientist? Like statistic proving or ...   Answer Question
    • How do you make non technical people understand your result? Use an example will be better.   Answer Question
    • Some other statistic related questions   Answer Question

Scout Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Long interview process. Couple phone interviews and an one in person. Place feels like a call center when you walk through it but a lot of the people working there seemed young and energetic.

Scout Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

The interview process was easy and brief. No difficult questions, they are hiring out of college grads that they know have little experience. It is preferred that you have a sports or athletic background.