NCSA Next College Student Athlete Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Recruiting Sales Sports Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process for myself was a four stage process. First two interviews were by phone with each interviewer discussing in great detail the job requirements, expectations and company goals. Third interview was via webx with VP of Recruiting. During this interview I had a opportunity to look at the CRM sales calendar between two current employees as a example of monthly routine and revenue. It was a explicit detail visual of the job which I thought was informative. The final interview was by phone with the VP of Training and Education. This phone interview was extensive and we discussed some of the training tool software used for new employees such as "LearnCore". The phone call was about a hour long but worth the time and effort to understand in full before any decision was made by the hiring team, regarding the opportunity for employment.

Interview Questions

• How does you're current job or past relate to the position available?   Answer Question

Aug 30, 2017 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and paint a picture of what our interview process can be like for our Recruiting Specialist candidates. We wish you the best of luck in your career... More

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

NCSA first reached out to me in late February over the phone. I spoke with a nice woman (who later became my boss). The interview was not too bad as it was just an internship however. I had an in-person interview about a week later. This one was a little bit more difficult because it is on the spot, however the questions were not very hard.

Feb 28, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you accepted an offer to be a part of our wonderful team!

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Three round interview process for a development job. Was called in for the third and final interview (first interview was a quick in person meeting to see personality type, second was phone call to discuss development skills). The first 45 min consisted of taking a tour of the building which is basically a crappy warehouse. I was shown all the offices, the sales floor, etc. Felt like a giant telemarketing nightmare. Then sat down with the developers to talk shop for a while and casually converse about past work experience and whatnot.
    Next, the final round of the final interview, was meeting with the lead developer to see how you work. It was a mess. The dev gave me his computer, googled "wireframe layout" and picked a random wireframe for me to build out as he sat there watching me. He told me we would be "working together", but we definitely were not. It was rude and insensitive to throw someone into the mix and then sit there and judge their every move.

Honestly, at the end of the day, this is a company with people wearing lanyards and name tags around the office. Felt like I was shopping at Finish Line, not working for a highly successful athletic recruiting company.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Feb 28, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your honest review. I’m saddened to hear about your negative experience, and I will be sure to share this with my team so that it doesn’t happen moving forward. We wish you the best of... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

lots of interviews that did not feel like interviews. Several minutes of each interview, past the initial one, was discussing the commission in detail. Lot of questions repeated. Most of it dealt with personality and see where I want to be in five years. Stuff like that. Very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Feb 19, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that questions were repeated during your interview. I will share this with my team so that it doesn’t happen in the future. We wish you the best of... More

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

Interview

Phone interview - received offer on the phone. Declined offer. Pay is a $27,000 base salary for 9-6 work day. Avg. about $50-$100 a day according to the recruiter.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Feb 28, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Reached out to a fellow university alum, exchanged emails and interviewed during the summer. Corresponded with staff members, did multiple phone and Skype interviews. Contact on their end just faded away as time went by. I have no idea what happened to this day.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Feb 28, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback on our intern process. I am sorry for your poor experience. I will share this information with my team so that we can be sure other intern candidates have a better... More

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy but if they do not wish to hire you they will not respond and you will be required to assume you're not the candidate selected. This is even after numerous attempts to contact them.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adjust to the demanding recommend hours required?   Answer Question

Feb 28, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry that you didn’t hear back from us, it’s our policy to respond to candidates within 2 days of an interview but sometimes it can take up to 5 days to... More

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (New York, NY).

Interview

Their job description is a complete lie. I have over five years of experience in the telecommute environment and after setting up the interview the recruiter claimed “it wasn’t enough.”

What part about “Entry level” and “No prior experience required” means five years of experience are not enough?

Furthermore, it is clear the recruiter did not read my application. Instead they decided to waste my time in my job search to set up and conduct a 20 minute interview. The recruiter was hardly able to string together coherent sentences, and was clearly not qualified for any job short of flipping burgers or taking orders. They were unprofessional, unprepared, and underwhelming.

Lastly, the pay and benefits were nowhere near enough for the hours they were asking for. Don’t wast your time.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Jun 6, 2018 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review your interview process with NCSA. I’m sorry to hear you had a poor experience with one of our Recruiters, and I will be sure to follow up with my team on your... More

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1st round with a recruiter.

2nd round with a team manager.

3rd round with a team manager and shadow an inside sales person.

4th round with a team manager.

Overall a pretty smooth process, but a bit too many interviews. I got asked the same exact questions 4 times in a row. They want athletes who are motivated to beat monthly numbers and know the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• General sales questions and fit questions. Want to see you can talk on the phone, motivated to help student athletes, motivated to beat numbers, and know about the recruiting process.   Answer Question

Jul 14, 2017 – Human Resources Athleader

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were asked the same question multiple times. We will look into that and fix it immediately! We wish you all the best in your career search!

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete in September 2014.

Feb 19, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your review on our interview process! This information will help us to enhance and improve our process moving forward.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSA Next College Student Athlete (Atlanta, GA) in May 2018.

Interview

It was a 3 step process. First they HR will call with a phone screening. Then a manager will talk to you over the phone about the job and do a further interview. Then They will do a skype interview with you if you cannot make it to their office.

Interview Questions

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

Feb 19, 2019 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback and for explaining what our interview process can be like for Recruiting Coordinators.