NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCSOFT Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.5

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, and received an automated response immediately. A day later I got an email from the recruiter requesting a phone screen, which was set up for two days later. The recruiter was late calling me, but it was a pretty standard phone screen. She sounded extremely optimistic about my chances and told me there would be no test because they were impressed with my portfolio, even though she seemed to be looking at an old link. Their website saves information from past applications, she said, so she had the wrong link. I gave her the correct new link, with which I had applied, and made sure she had my most current resume, which she did not, even though I submitted it on their site. She told me the next step was setting up a phone interview with the art director. After that there was no more communication and a week and a half later I received a rejection letter. I was left with the distinct feeling that their recruiting department has some issues to sort through.

Interview Questions

• Standard first screen questions, salary requirements, employment eligibility, work history.   Answer Question

IT Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one onsite interview. The first scheduled interview the interviewer was not available and we had to reschedule. One of the other phone interviews I had to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes waiting for the interviewer. These people never got back to me after the final interview and while that seems typical these days, after having FIVE interviews it just seems tacky and disrespectful of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of technical questions as well as more procedural/situational questions.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2013.

Interview

I didn't go through the traditional interview process, but I heard about it. The normal experience is to go through a multi-step process and I heard it is very hard to get into this company. They only take the best of the best and knowing 2 languages is almost a must. It is spanned over several weeks and you have to pass each step to be invited to the next one.

Interview Questions

• I didn't go through the traditional interview process.   1 Answer