NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCSOFT Interview Questions

2.7

Environment Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Mountain View, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

-Applied online after seeing an opening for an environment artist and included a link to my webpage
    -Contacted by the company for a phone interview
    -Went into the studio for a formal interview (about 6 hours long) with reps from all disciplines
    -Given an art test (1 week deadline)
    -Offer made to me via phone

Interview Questions

• Describe the process you went through to complete the work seen in one of your portfolio pieces.   1 Answer
    • What brings you to this studio given that you are still gainfully employed?   1 Answer

Accepted offer closer to family in Seattle.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2013.

Interview

I didn't go through the traditional interview process, but I heard about it. The normal experience is to go through a multi-step process and I heard it is very hard to get into this company. They only take the best of the best and knowing 2 languages is almost a must. It is spanned over several weeks and you have to pass each step to be invited to the next one.

Interview Questions

• I didn't go through the traditional interview process.   1 Answer

IT Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one onsite interview. The first scheduled interview the interviewer was not available and we had to reschedule. One of the other phone interviews I had to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes waiting for the interviewer. These people never got back to me after the final interview and while that seems typical these days, after having FIVE interviews it just seems tacky and disrespectful of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of technical questions as well as more procedural/situational questions.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. Had a few phone calls and an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better than others at your job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple (at the time).

Game Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NCSOFT in September 2011.

Interview

1. resume
    2. technical interview
    3. personality interview

Interview Questions

• quick sort, explain worst case.   Answer Question
    • explain c++ reference variable, where is this variable located in memory?

compare with java
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSoft. I had two onsite interviews; Technical interview took 2 hours and i was asked about some technical problems and details about my career. And final interview was mainly about themselves and it took 1 hour. They asked me some questions but the questions were so immature and annoying that I could see their underlying purpose.

Interview Questions

• I had two onsite interviews. The first interview was technical interview; they gave me some technical problems and asked me to show how to solve them. And they also asked me about what I've done at my previous work. It took 2 hours and it was a good experience. And the second interview was executive interview (final interview). They asked me about work experience at previous work very shortly and asked me some other questions which were so immature and annoying that I could see their underlying purpose.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had one interview with a team member from the team I was supposed to work with. I was hired on the spot, then we discussed working days through the phone.

Interview Questions

• Describe some projects you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question