NCSOFT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NCSOFT Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.7

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT in September 2017.

Interview

The first round will be a coding challenge where they will send you a test with 1 week limit. I spent significant time on the problems. I mailed them 3 times for the feedback. Finally they sent a rejection after 3-4 weeks briefly explaining the answers . Question was nice but you can find them easily in the internet..I answered all of them correctly but I think they don't care about your solution. It's just a selection round if your resume has weight you will be called for the next round.

Senior Concept Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NCSOFT in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, and received an automated response immediately. A day later I got an email from the recruiter requesting a phone screen, which was set up for two days later. The recruiter was late calling me, but it was a pretty standard phone screen. She sounded extremely optimistic about my chances and told me there would be no test because they were impressed with my portfolio, even though she seemed to be looking at an old link. Their website saves information from past applications, she said, so she had the wrong link. I gave her the correct new link, with which I had applied, and made sure she had my most current resume, which she did not, even though I submitted it on their site. She told me the next step was setting up a phone interview with the art director. After that there was no more communication and a week and a half later I received a rejection letter. I was left with the distinct feeling that their recruiting department has some issues to sort through.

Interview Questions

• Standard first screen questions, salary requirements, employment eligibility, work history.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NCSoft. I had two onsite interviews; Technical interview took 2 hours and i was asked about some technical problems and details about my career. And final interview was mainly about themselves and it took 1 hour. They asked me some questions but the questions were so immature and annoying that I could see their underlying purpose.

Interview Questions

• I had two onsite interviews. The first interview was technical interview; they gave me some technical problems and asked me to show how to solve them. And they also asked me about what I've done at my previous work. It took 2 hours and it was a good experience. And the second interview was executive interview (final interview). They asked me about work experience at previous work very shortly and asked me some other questions which were so immature and annoying that I could see their underlying purpose.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2013.

Interview

I didn't go through the traditional interview process, but I heard about it. The normal experience is to go through a multi-step process and I heard it is very hard to get into this company. They only take the best of the best and knowing 2 languages is almost a must. It is spanned over several weeks and you have to pass each step to be invited to the next one.

Interview Questions

• I didn't go through the traditional interview process.   1 Answer

IT Support Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT.

Interview

I had four phone interviews and one onsite interview. The first scheduled interview the interviewer was not available and we had to reschedule. One of the other phone interviews I had to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes waiting for the interviewer. These people never got back to me after the final interview and while that seems typical these days, after having FIVE interviews it just seems tacky and disrespectful of the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• They asked a number of technical questions as well as more procedural/situational questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2014.

Interview

I had one interview with a team member from the team I was supposed to work with. I was hired on the spot, then we discussed working days through the phone.

Q A Tester Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NCSOFT in June 2015.

Interview

30-minute phone interview regarding your job experience, skills, knowledge of game industry, and some technical questions. Then a couple days later, I was invited for an in-person interview. I was given a brief on the company policies and benefits. I then did a panel interview which lasted around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What games are you playing?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Orange, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview process consisted of an initial 20 minute call with the HR Recruiter. A few days later a phone interview was setup with the Sr. Producer. This second phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and consisted of the standard questions you'd expect from an interview.

For example:
    Do you play NCSoft titles? Do you play competitive titles of ours?
    What is your Producer Methodology?
    Why do you want to work at NCSoft?
    What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?

Both interviewers did a great job explaining what NCSoft is about, what the direction of the company currently is and the expectations and responsibilities of the Producer at this company.

I found both interviewers very easy to talk to and forthcoming with answers to the various questions I had. Unfortunately, the stage 2 phone interview was the last for me, more than likely due to my inexperience working on MMOs and lack of knowledge of NCSoft products. However, I found the experience to be a solid, professional one. The fact that they took a second to provide me a clear resolution, that I was not moving on to the next round of interviews, is much appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your Producer Methodology? What is a standard day in the life of you at your current position?   Answer Question

Senior Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Their recruiter found me via LinkedIn and gave me a call. After speaking for a short period of time I stated I was interested and I believe we set up a time for an in-person team interview and I came in for about a 3hr long interview (i.e. typical portfolio review and hours of talking to the team) and afterwords I left. On my way out of the building I got a call with an offer and accepted. Pretty simple.

Negotiation

I told them what I wanted and they said, "okay".

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NCSOFT (Brighton, England (UK)) in May 2009.

Interview

After a positive application response, the process consisted of a phone interview then lead to an on-site interview. Only one interview was conducted on-site and lasted for a couple of hours, with a couple of written tests.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult, but a fair amount had subtle meanings to detect a personality profile.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was required as the contract was pretty standard and the pay corresponded to the average salary for the position at the time.